Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plenty here have criticized Gute, and even some others have said he miscalculated the decline many suspected was happening with Rodgers.

Really, can you point me to the Gute criticism in this thread? It's there, but you gotta weed through a LOT of "send Rodgers packing" bs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
equally weird is thinking one man is bigger than the team. Gute drove him away with 100 million dollars LOL. "I hate you Aaron, here's 100 million"

if he doesn't want to play here, fine. I don't believe it, but if true, why do I want to cheer for someone that doesn't want to be here? likewise, if Gute wanted to leave, see ya. has nothing to do with hating anyone.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course I'd love for him to stay but there's a part of me that would like to see how he does with another team. AR is smart and terrific but there are times when it goes to his head. He was obviously outstanding last year but he's getting older and we can't expect that performance in the long term. If he's not willing to restructure to make the team better, we're not superbowl bound anyway imo so sayonara.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Translation: "I had JerMichael Finley Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams, the best RB combo in the league in 2020, the best O-Line in the league through various points in my career, and one of the best secondaries in the league in 2020 and you didn't give me enough at any point in my career, so that I could win a 2nd championship with my limited ability to win a game from behind" THAT is the real correct translation.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, can you point me to the Gute criticism in this thread? It's there, but you gotta weed through a LOT of "send Rodgers packing" bs.

If reports are true Gute isnt the one throwing a fit now. The love pick has been criticized a ton but pretty much everyone. Right now the news is about our star qb saying he wants out with no real reason than a draft pick last year

JohnnyBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quality Quarterbacks (many HOF) who moved on to other teams late in their careers.

Tom Brady (HOF)
Brett Favre (HOF)
Peyton Manning (HOF)
Joe Montana (HOF)
Y.A. Tittle (HOF)
George Blanda (HOF)
Johnny Unitas (HOF)
Warren Moon (HOF)
Kurt Warner (HOF)
Joe Namath (HOF)
Ken Stabler (HOF)
Norm Van Brocklin (HOF)
Phillip Rivers
Steve McNair
Archie Manning
Randall Cunningham
Donovan McNabb
Drew Bledsoe

Jim McMahon?

Not surprised that it has come to this. It is more common than people realize.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Translation: "I had JerMichael Finley Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams, the best RB combo in the league in 2020, the best O-Line in the league through various points in my career, and one of the best secondaries in the league in 2020 and you didn't give me enough at any point in my career, so that I could win a 2nd championship with my limited ability to win a game from behind" THAT is the real correct translation.
It's hilarious irony watching you criticize Rodgers for acting childish..... lmao

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Strong statement from Jay Glazer, another highly respected football person:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets have 21 draft picks the next two drafts.

They need a QB.

If this is not solveable Gute, call the Jets up and make something happen for Rodgers.

Then move the 2nd pick this year to another QB hungry team. LOAD the freaking roster up and let's see if Love is the future.

IF this is true. BIG IF.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The grudge in Rodgers is planted so deep he is done with Green Bay I fear....

The ONLY thing Gute I think does to not have this explode is to eat your mistake of Love and trade him for what you can get and commit to Rodgers ASAP

@Pkrjones disagree with what? LOL

First part is a fear, if this has any legs to truth that fear is completely real and merely an opinion.

The second part would be the only way Gute could move forward with Rodgers as part of the team, IF that is his desire.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That NYJ move could turn AR into at least 5 #1's - create a 10 yr dynasty even if Love is slightly above average.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any possibility this was intentionally leaked by gb to drum up trade interest going into draft night?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This source indicates that management was going to trade Rodgers but then backed off. Not sure if I believe that, but I am puzzled why this is coming to a head now. And if there is truth to it, how could Gute have seriously considered trading Rodgers after last season? Love has literally never seen the field in the NFL. Not even in the preseason. The chances of us having three HOF QBs in a row is slim, so you don't move on from Rodgers for at least a couple more seasons, in my mind. We drafted a QB 1-2 years too early.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any possibility this was intentionally leaked by gb to drum up trade interest going into draft night?

I doubt it. But if Rodgers has truly decided not to return, and there is no changing his mind, Gute needs to deal him now.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute needs to release a statement if this is all true...that

"the organization does not want to disrespect a man and player which has done so much for Green Bay over his playing career. It is with this, we unfortunately are taking calls on Aaron and will do all we can to respect him and this franchise as we both enter a new era."

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Jets have 21 draft picks the next two drafts.

They need a QB.

If this is not solveable Gute, call the Jets up and make something happen for Rodgers.

Then move the 2nd pick this year to another QB hungry team. LOAD the freaking roster up and let's see if Love is the future.

IF this is true. BIG IF.
I think Rodgers will be able to dictate this thing a lot more than what some realize. If he were to put it out there that he would retire if sent to the Jets, they wouldn't make the trade.

IF it comes down to a trade situation, I think it could be a rare case of Rodgers having enough leverage to have a list of teams he would be willing to go to.

Doesn't happen like this often in the NFL. But Rodgers has a rare amount of leverage in my opinion.

Because if I were Rodgers, I would rather retire and (perhaps) become the new host of Jeopardy than get my teeth kicked in for 17 weeks playing for the Jets.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Know who could put this to rest right now, but won't?

Aaron Rodgers. The team has spoken, the media insiders have spoken. No aaron. If he wanted to settle this "nonsense" he could do it in a moment.

But he won't because this isn't smoke.

It's a fire. Even if we don't trade him, he is looking to hold the team to the fire, for either help tonight in the draft or to send his backup away for a show of "dedication".

I've said it before, I root for the Packers, not the qb of the team. If we get an offer that makes sense, make it happen. No sense in keeping a player who wants to force his way out.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF GB wanted to trade him they wouldn't have to drum up interest. They'd just call teams and say, "hey, you interested" they wouldn't have to leak anything.