Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
IF GB wanted to trade him they wouldn't have to drum up interest. They'd just call teams and say, "hey, you interested" they wouldn't have to leak anything.
Additionally, you also wouldn't release a statement saying that you're committed to moving forward with Rodgers like Gute did a short while ago.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this is true but can we blame him? It’s funny reading some of these responses. Remember when the Packers went 13-3 and were on the verge of getting to another super bowl and then Gute sent Him a proverbial smack in the face by drafting his heir apparent? I don’t blame him one bit if this story is true. Hopefully it’s his way of forcing management to spend high draft capital on more offensive weapons because I’m not ready to see life without Rodgers. Fingers crossed that this is a fabricated story.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Additionally, you also wouldn't release a statement saying that you're committed to moving forward with Rodgers like Gute did a short while ago.

The organization is staying pure in their statements....in the process they're making Rodgers look somewhat like a manchild...but the media is spinning this royally in Rodgers' favor.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relax everyone I really don’t think there is any truth to this.... I really don’t think it’s how Rodgers would handle it plus he HATES the media and not paying any attention to it.

Reaction score
If this is true, then there goes our super bowl chances for a few years, and if this situation isn't fixable, then someone needs to go, whether that is Aaron or Gute, depending on whose fault it is.

I'm not sure if this is Aaron's fault because he doesn't want to restructure his deal, or if it is Gute's fault for drafting a qb in the draft last year and not committing to Aaron long term(I am not a Gute hater, but if he drove Aaron off, he needs to go, and if Aaron doesn't want to stay and/or restructure his deal to make this team better to take that last step to win a superbowl, then he should be traded).

Hoping this is bs from the media, but it doesn't sound like it this time. Hopefully it gets worked out. If not, then we might as well start over and rebuild unless we can somehow get a good qb(even if it is someone good, whoever that is is almost certain to be a step down).

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've lost what little respect I had for Aaron. Great! We have another prima donna who is acting like a baby. Really stupid move from my perspective. If they make him come back, I don't think the players will be too happy with him. :devilish:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If reports are true Gute isnt the one throwing a fit now. The love pick has been criticized a ton but pretty much everyone. Right now the news is about our star qb saying he wants out with no real reason than a draft pick last year

Sure thing. Drafting your replacement in the first round (the best shot you have of improving the offense or defense) is just a teeny-tiny thing, nobody should be bothered when the company they work for uses their greatest annual asset to get their replacement so they can be let go.

Pretty sure there's more involved too, but feel free to work up righteous anger at the MVP of the league so you can still love management.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets have 21 draft picks the next two drafts.

They need a QB.

If this is not solveable Gute, call the Jets up and make something happen for Rodgers.

Then move the 2nd pick this year to another QB hungry team. LOAD the freaking roster up and let's see if Love is the future.

IF this is true. BIG IF.

I like alot of this, but here's the thing. If we get the Jets or Jags pick I'd like to see Gute trade to about 10-15 this year, or get another 2nd this year and next year's first from a team and maybe get Jones or Trask this year, have a real QB competition make sure Love IS the guy...also we need a QB this year if we trade Rodgers you can't get by with 1 QB so we need it anyway...then load up this and next year.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is Aaron's fault because he doesn't want to restructure his deal, or if it is Gute's fault for drafting a qb in the draft last year and not committing to Aaron long term(I am not a Gute hater, but if he drove Aaron off, he needs to go, and if Aaron doesn't want to stay and/or restructure his deal to make this team better to take that last step to win a superbowl, then he should be traded).

If the Packers have tried to extend Aaron and Aaron doesn't want to because his ego took that much of a hit over Love being drafted, well then.. Bye.

If the Packers have done nothing to extend and aren't doing anything to commit to Aaron beyond a year to year basis, then they are at fault and look really stupid in doing it.

My guess is that it is somewhere in the middle.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relax everyone I really don’t think there is any truth to this.... I really don’t think it’s how Rodgers would handle it plus he HATES the media and not paying any attention to it.

Some truths that seem to be confirmed by both sides is:

Aaron was unwilling to agree to a restructure, desired extension.
Extension offers were not to his liking when offered.

From there it gets murky as to just how confirmed it is that "he doesn't want back in GB" Only Rodgers could bring clarity to that.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on the cost of trading him today vs June 1, I can easily see the front office doing nothing unless they get an AMAZING, Hershall Walker type offer today.

Spend the next month trying to fix it, and if not, trade him after June 1. There will still be plenty of suitors out there and we clear WAY more cap. Solves both issues, clears cap $, and we control the dynamic in the front office.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not going anywhere. What's he going to do? Retire? so be it then. How would GB even begin to move him? isn't 20-30 million we'd have to clear in cap space just to move him and absorb the cap hit? he can basically threaten to retire or force a Love trade or new contract to his liking. I wouldn't be keen to giving in to that now.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on the cost of trading him today vs June 1, I can easily see the front office doing nothing unless they get an AMAZING, Hershall Walker type offer today.

Spend the next month trying to fix it, and if not, trade him after June 1. There will still be plenty of suitors out there and we clear WAY more cap. Solves both issues, clears cap $, and we control the dynamic in the front office.

A Jets fan buddy of mine just texted and said he is praying his front office is asking Gute what guys he wants them to pick in the 1st round with their two picks....in preparing for a trade offer after June 1st.

I was like "WTF" can you do that? Genius if so. Throw in a few more future firsts and done.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Pkrjones disagree with what? LOL
I disagreed with your stance that "the only thing Gute can do..."

IF AR doesn't want to be in GB any longer he's worth nothing to GB as a Packer... cut bait, trade him (to NYJ?) for numerous high picks. Then trade #2 for more additional high picks (Denver, Carolina??) and move along with out a disgruntled QB who doesn't want to play in GB.

I lived through the Bruce Clark debacle, doesn't matter how much talent a player has if he won't play for GB he's worth nothing.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that has me puzzled is, why didn't he pull this crap last year?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

IF AR doesn't want to be in GB any longer he's worth nothing to GB as a Packer... cut bait, trade him (to NYJ?) for numerous high picks. Then trade #2 for more additional high picks (Denver, Carolina??) and move along with out a disgruntled QB who doesn't want to play in GB.

I lived through the Bruce Clark debacle, doesn't matter how much talent a player has if he won't play for GB he's worth nothing.

IF Gute wants to keep him, that was the outline of that. I see where you disagree with that now.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
When I read that when I came home from work I nearly choked on my coffee. Like if this is real how badly is the FO ****ing this up. This isnt like with Favre thinking about retirement every off season.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not going anywhere. What's he going to do? Retire? so be it then. How would GB even begin to move him? isn't 20-30 million we'd have to clear in cap space just to move him and absorb the cap hit? he can basically threaten to retire or force a Love trade or new contract to his liking. I wouldn't be keen to giving in to that now.

He can pressure the team and get traded after next season while being an anti-management force in the locker room amongst a bunch of players the front office wants to sign. Rodgers can't FORCE the team to do anything, but he can certainly make life miserable and wait as his trade value decreases so the team gets less.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll go more contemporary than that Pkrjones remember the Mike McKenzie cluster****?

Reaction score
If the Packers have tried to extend Aaron and Aaron doesn't want to because his ego took that much of a hit over Love being drafted, well then.. Bye.

If the Packers have done nothing to extend and aren't doing anything to commit to Aaron beyond a year to year basis, then they are at fault and look really stupid in doing it.

My guess is that it is somewhere in the middle.

I don't know, but this is awful timing. Depending on whether or not we draft well in this year's draft, I really think this could be our year to win the super bowl.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
If true, then obviously a DeLorean, a flux capacitor, and some plutonium isn't the only way to go back to the 70s for the Packers. I don't know about the rest of you but I like having a HOF worthy, generational talent at QB.

Latest posts