Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if you were in the military how did you wind up in hopeless debt going to school. The military paid for all or most of all three of my degrees. Maybe you’re not the best one to lecture on living within affordable boundries LOL

Well, for openers, I couldn't afford to go to school straight out of the service. Life got in the way, which often does. But, quite frankly, that's none of your f-ing business, is it? LOL (as you put it)

Also, I never said "I" was in hopeless debt. Didn't they teach you to read with those "3 degrees?" I'm referring to a lot of people I know, who were in the service and never collected on the GI Bill. They lost it by not using it soon enough.

As far as advice, if you don't understand people need to live within their means, your education is wasted.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, for openers, I couldn't afford to go to school straight out of the service. Life got in the way, which often does. But, quite frankly, that's none of your f-ing business, is it? LOL (as you put it)

Also, I never said "I" was in hopeless debt. Didn't they teach you to read with those "3 degrees?" I'm referring to a lot of people I know, who were in the service and never collected on the GI Bill. They lost it by not using it soon enough.

As far as advice, if you don't understand people need to live within their means, your education is wasted.
A) if you don’t want people commenting on stuff don’t post it on a public forum chat site

B) I’ve never borrowed a nickle in my life other than mortgages and my two properties now (a house and a separate small farm) are paid for free and clear

C) to be honest I don’t read a lot of stuff posted here and skim most of what I do read so if I misread something of yours sincere apologies… who was in hopeless debt?

I’m pretty progressive but one thing I can’t understand is people complaining about paying back money they’ve borrowed (not saying you are)

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
us who started by fighting for our nation in the military, went on to school and ended up in nearly hopeless debt, and have spent the rest of our days digging our way out, so we had a decent amount left to retire on.

So you’re not part of “us”…. How could I possibly have misunderstood that LOL

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we go through this about a year ago? Who is feeling worse right now? Rodgers or Adams?
Both, but being friends I'm guessing they talked quite a bit. Adams knew AR was a short-timer and AR knew Adams' heart was elsewhere so guessing that they mutually decided it was best for Davante to move on. Coming close but falling short of a SB over the last 7-8 seasons there was only a 1-year "window" left for both together.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yardbarker claim rodgers is done after this year
He might be. It's starting to look like last year was their best recent chance at a SB. I do believe that had they beaten the Niners they would have beaten the Rams and then the Bengals.

But things change quickly in one year. and other teams are rising, and the Packers have taken a step back. It's not impossible for them to win a SB this year, but they have to show improvement.

As for Rodgers calling it quits after this year, I'll believe it when he says it.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Thanks Poker, that's interesting. I think if Rodgers sees or thinks that Gluten is not doing enough to make the team competitive, he'll walk away. But so far, the FO has done everything he's asked.

The WR situation this year is from years of neglect, and an over-reliance on Rodgers and Adams. Instead of Jordan Love riding the bench, Tee Higgins could be the Packers #1 WR. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. It was an expensive miscalculation on Gluten's part when he drafted Love.

Either this season, or in the off season, the Packers have to find a way to trade for a veteran WR, or spend big in FA. They can't wait for Doubs and maybe Watson to develop.

This is hindsight, so of course it's 20/20. I'm not really complaining. I'd just like to see Rodgers play at least through 2023.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might be. It's starting to look like last year was their best recent chance at a SB. I do believe that had they beaten the Niners they would have beaten the Rams and then the Bengals.

But things change quickly in one year. and other teams are rising, and the Packers have taken a step back. It's not impossible for them to win a SB this year, but they have to show improvement.

As for Rodgers calling it quits after this year, I'll believe it when he says it.
Unlikely to win a SB with this team. I think Rodgers knows that even if he has another HOF year. The last 2 seasons especially with the home field advantage were our calling cards and we failed to deliver. With that said 2010 was unexpected. But then that was a mediocre NFC with the Steelers coming out of the AFC instead of the Pats.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unlikely to win a SB with this team. I think Rodgers knows that even if he has another HOF year. The last 2 seasons especially with the home field advantage were our calling cards and we failed to deliver. With that said 2010 was unexpected. But then that was a mediocre NFC with the Steelers coming out of the AFC instead of the Pats.
Yeah I'm afraid that everything you write is correct milani. It's hard to take but we gotta move on. And at least right now, this team isn't close to a SB run, much less a playoff appearance.

There's still time. And if they're gonna play average football, I'd rather have it now than in December. They won the SB in 2010 with from the sixth and last seed. But they must win the winnable games. The loss to the Giants was significant. Let's hope they fare better against the other NY team......

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"Rodgers has said that he probably won't play until he's 45 like Tom Brady, and he strongly considered retirement in both of the past two offseasons. On Wednesday, Rodgers said that watching his young targets develop makes him want to stick around, and he admitted that he can't help but take their development into consideration when it comes to the decision he will make next offseason."

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I'm afraid that everything you write is correct milani. It's hard to take but we gotta move on. And at least right now, this team isn't close to a SB run, much less a playoff appearance.

There's still time. And if they're gonna play average football, I'd rather have it now than in December. They won the SB in 2010 with from the sixth and last seed. But they must win the winnable games. The loss to the Giants was significant. Let's hope they fare better against the other NY team......
Ironic that a 10-6 team won a SB. But the Giants have also won SBs without being a division winner. In 2010 we also lost games to Washington, Miami, and Detroit. A lot of fruit has to fall close to the tree for a spectacular finish.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ironic that a 10-6 team won a SB. But the Giants have also won SBs without being a division winner. In 2010 we also lost games to Washington, Miami, and Detroit. A lot of fruit has to fall close to the tree for a spectacular finish.
I might be wrong, but I think the Giants won one of their SBs after a 9-7 season. And that may be the year they beat the 18-0 Patriots. Either way, I truly enjoyed that game. I think that was the game with the "helmet catch".

And yeah, ****ing Eli Manning has two SB rings. And he earned them. So WTF, come on Packers. Send Rodgers out a winner!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers retiring after the contract would SUCK from a cap perspective…yes some things could be done to lesson it but that would SUCK

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers retiring after the contract would SUCK from a cap perspective…yes some things could be done to lesson it but that would SUCK
You got that right. I forget the number but I think it's over $50 million in dead cap. It would change everything, and not in a good way........

Members online