1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rodgers playoffs since the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Jan 6, 2014.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Bensalama21, Wow yes you're right about Andrew Luck. He was extremely generous last night again with the donated balls to New England man!

I agree with much of that ExpatPacker!
    I hate New England and I keep loving to rib their fans by saying they haven't won a SB since Spygate caught them.... but they have made it to 2 that were supposed to be against is, if the Giants hadn't knocked us off each time, in our park.

BTW, New England is the one and only team, I think, who can say right now they've been hurt worse than us with injuries.
    Maybe Denver is close too.

But New England has lost the best TE in football to a Randall Cobb-like cheap shot, torn ACL/MCL.
    They're also without their Pro Bowl NT Vincey Wilfork, who is still everything the Packers wished Raji would become.
    And they're missing now their ILB Brandon Spikes, who is great against the run.
    I can't keep track of their WR's and who's injured there....

Denver lost the All-Pro OLB Von Miller to a torn ACL last month, and same thing to their All-Pro LT Bryan Bulaga.
    That's pretty good duo there.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Since this is about Rodgers playoff games since the SB, do not want this to get lost

I swear sometimes reporters are here lurking to hep get their stories...This article by "bob" was put up online on Saturday the 11th....But this thread was started on Monday the 6th

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ehind-by-nfl-elite-b99180633z1-239781131.html

Few of us have said similar things like ordinary when talking about Rodgers and his game vs the Niners

Bob are you lurking?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,952
    198 yards last night and no TD for Brady

That is pedestrian

4. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +515
    Yes, but the running game was so good last night, he didn't need to crank it up. He just needed to run the offense. And Luck was also generous.
    Still, point taken.

PS Just looked at the box score. Blount had 166 yards rushing. Holy steamroller Batman.

5. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,125
    Are we? Who says?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  6. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,125
    NE ran the ball 46 times. First, they had no WRs in 2012; in 2013 they lost their TEs and slot receiver. They have morphed into a running team. That is not a joke.

Russell Wilson was 9-18 for 106 yards.

There seems to be a misconception that Super Bowls are won through elite QB play in each and every playoff game. The facts don't bear that out. Super Bowl-winning teams demonstrate multiple ways of winning.

7. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +323
    You started out personal, and then you complained about me attacking the messenger, people in glasshouses.

Indianapolis was a little over a year ago and it's merely the best illustration since Rodgers' took 2 sacks in the same series to kill the final potentially game winning drive. If you want to pretend that Aaron Rodgers is some sort of flawless Christ like figure, which essentially is what you were arguing since your freaked out at the idea of Aaron receiving SOME criticism, then be my guest. The rest of us will continue discussing Aaron's need to take less sacks, be more decisive in his reads on some of his reads hitting the first open man instead of hunting for the big play, and learn to play a more patient game against 2 deep alignments. No one is saying he is bad, no one is saying he should be replaced or was even the primary reason we lost. However he merely played well enough not to lose, but not well enough to win.

8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,952

Dont think I have to explain it, but I guess I do

Prev poster said
    That is why I said he did yesterday..Never said he won the game..Never said they should have lost the game because of Tom..

Only that he it was a pedestrian type game for Tom

9. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,952
    You said
    Since your not out to change my mind, then no point in debating it anymore

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,125
    The point being:

$20 million per year does not entitle you to elite performance each and every game.

What it buys you is elite performance on balance, an opportunity to win each time they tee it up, and a guy who doesn't lose games.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  11. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,125
    What you meant to say is, "I'm done", not "We're done". I'm not debating anymore.

12. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,125
    Yet, Rodgers had a "pedestrian game" in your mind (even if he didn't), and that's the reason we lost.

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Never said we lost, said he could have done more...

Unless there is a post where I blamed him?

14. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Notice what I did say, please stop accusing me of things I never said

15. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,125
    You said, "Rodgers did not have a Rodgers type game, but we only want to blame the defense." The implication was clear.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    I'm telling you if we can get McCarthy to call more runs, along with drafting or acquiring some good OLinemen I think we will gallop our way to Super Bowl 49.. XLIX? I'm not saying I lack faith or confidence in Rodgers and our receiving corps, but we need to use them correctly. Hammer the ball with Lacy a few times and then go over the top for a big play... the key is that OL that we seem to lack.

17. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +858
    I don't agree with pretty much anything all of you are saying.

Except that I agree that Rodgers hasn't had any truly great post season games since the team's SB run.

The way I see it is this:

2009: Rodgers has a great game. But our defense allows Kurt Warner to have a great game, too.
    2010: Amazing run by the whole team, including Rodgers.
    2011: One and done, but the loss comes against the eventual SB winner (Giants).
    2012: One and done, but the loss comes against the Niners, who end up losing the SB by only a FG.
    2013: One and done, but the loss comes against the Niners, who were more healthy and have been on a good run. Almost pulled an upset, despite all this. Are the Niners going to the big game? Time will tell.

So, we lost to two SB-bound teams, possibly a third. Not too fricking shabby, IMO.

Am I upset we lost each season. Yes. Do I wish the defense and offense and ST to be better? Yes.

But, this is still a pretty good team.

I guess I see the cup as half full.

18. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +995
    Dietrich-Smith getting shoved into Rogers, who scrambles away (thanks to D-S's hold) and tosses the magic pass typifies the offense's problems. We are not controlling the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball, and that has to change before we again join the elite. There's 29 teams in the league wishing they had Rogers running things--and Denver and New England will be there soon.

19. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    That's how I feel and I get the point. I agree Rodgers "could have done more". Of course he could have and so could about 30 other players. In the end and the most important point, unlike Kaperdckhead, Rodgers DID put his team in a position to win it at the end. If I was forced to put blame on somebody for this loss, Rodgers would be pretty far down the list.

20. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,026
    Rodgers himself took some blame on his radio show for the loss to the Niners. But I donĀ“t get at what point Rodgers put us in a position to win that game??? That would have been true if the offense would have scored a TD on their last drive, but they only came up with a FG.