Rodgers playoffs since the Super Bowl

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

But that's not the point.

what is the point then ? Now I`m confused. You think the defense were poor, I didn`t think they were. Not brilliant, but not as poor as they have been previously. You think Rodgers had a brilliant game, while LTF and probably myself thought he has played better previously. Have I got that right ?
I don`t think it`s worth a falling out over. It`s done and dusted. Hopefully it will work out better next year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But that's not the point.

Sure it is..

I get you think he did enough to win the game..
I get you think (and so do I) the defense failed at the end..

He didnt "lose" the game at the end, but if he played better, they might have had one more TD and not a FG

177 yards in a playoff game just isnt good enough

That is all I am trying to say

H

HardRightEdge

Sure it is..

I get you think he did enough to win the game..
I get you think (and so do I) the defense failed at the end..

He didnt "lose" the game at the end, but if he played better, they might have had one more TD and not a FG

177 yards in a playoff game just isnt good enough

That is all I am trying to say
He only threw the ball 26 times. What we needed was more of the Rodgers we saw that day, not less. He put up a 98 QB rating. That's good enough to beat anybody.

He out-passed Kaepernick, yet we lost. How the heck did that happen? The answer is in K's rushing stats, and the timing of those runs. He didn't gash anybody else like that this season. He could have put up another 181 yd. game on the ground against us if they wanted...but they're trying to stay balanced within the game play because they know they can't beat better defenses that way...but come crunch time they know they can go back to it.

One of Kaepernick's longer "scrambles", a between the tackles affair, wasn't even a scramble...the end zone replay showed that before he'd even moved forward in the pocket Gore was 15 yards down field teeing up a block. It was one of the slowest developing QB draw you'll ever see...so slow nobody seemed to get that was the call. That play was there all day when we showed man coverage...just like last year.

People like to say "it's a team game" when actually it's a "three team game"...offense, defense and special teams, except in Green Bay, where those teams are "Rodgers, defense and special teams". What's ironic in this is the peculiar phenomenon of the defense taking a step backward when Rodgers went down, then reviving when he returned. Everybody seemed to see that unfold; I hope you did. So maybe the "three teams" in Green Bay has actually become "Rodgers, Rodgers and the special teams", in which case he certainly is to blame for this loss.

Now that I think about it, please provide a list of the games since the SB where it can be said, "the defense won that one for us" or "the defense bailed us out of that one". That's going to be a very short list. The list might be blank.

What we have here is some insight into why Peyton Manning won only one SB in Indy, coincidentally with the best defense they fielded during his time there. Favre had a particularly bad game in his one SB win...the fact that was a solid defensive performance while a special teamer won the game MVP tells you something. Unless this defense can develop some character we should expect the same.

An top-drawer QB season may be necessary for winning, but is it not sufficient.

Somehow I can't help but think this apologizing for the defense has something to do with the fact MM has stated Capers is coming back...a case of "love the one you're with", or at least an attempt to find a silver lining in his retention.

Last edited by a moderator:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A two page essay wont change my mind... I said it before we just disagree

I am on record saying I am ok if Dom was fired so love the one your with doesnt apply to me

Last edited:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He only threw the ball 26 times. What we needed was more of the Rodgers we saw that day, not less. He put up a 98 QB rating. That's good enough to beat anybody.

He out-passed Kaepernick, yet we lost. How the heck did that happen? The answer is in K's rushing stats, and the timing of those runs. He didn't gash anybody else like that this season. He could have put up another 181 yd. game on the ground against us if they wanted...but they're trying to stay balanced within the game play because they know they can't beat better defenses that way...but come crunch time they know they can go back to it.

One of Kaepernick's longer "scrambles", a between the tackles affair, wasn't even a scramble...the end zone replay showed that before he'd even moved forward in the pocket Gore was 15 yards down field teeing up a block. It was one of the slowest developing QB draw you'll ever see...so slow nobody seemed to get that was the call. That play was there all day when we showed man coverage...just like last year.

People like to say "it's a team game" when actually it's a "three team game"...offense, defense and special teams, except in Green Bay, where those teams are "Rodgers, defense and special teams". What's ironic in this is the peculiar phenomenon of the defense taking a step backward when Rodgers went down, then reviving when he returned. Everybody seemed to see that unfold; I hope you did. So maybe the "three teams" in Green Bay has actually become "Rodgers, Rodgers and the special teams", in which case he certainly is to blame for this loss.

Now that I think about it, please provide a list of the games since the SB where it can be said, "the defense won that one for us" or "the defense bailed us out of that one". That's going to be a very short list. The list might be blank.

What we have here is some insight into why Peyton Manning won only one SB in Indy, coincidentally with the best defense they fielded during his time there. Favre had a particularly bad game in his one SB win...the fact that was a solid defensive performance while a special teamer won the game MVP tells you something. Unless this defense can develop some character we should expect the same.

An top-drawer QB season may be necessary for winning, but is it not sufficient.

Somehow I can't help but think this apologizing for the defense has something to do with the fact MM has stated Capers is coming back...a case of "love the one you're with", or at least an attempt to find a silver lining in his retention.

No one is saying that Rodgers was bad, he wasn't. But his maddening defect, of holding the ball too long and failing to decisively hit short routes at times certainly contributed to a loss. We're not paying Aaron Rodgers 1/7+ of the salary cap to be decent or even above average. Green Bay isn't going to win many playoff games with Rodgers' producing the pedestrian statistics he put up. Did Rodgers take avoidable sacks, yes. Did those sacks kill drives prematurely, yes.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one is saying that Rodgers was bad, he wasn't. But his maddening defect, of holding the ball too long and failing to decisively hit short routes at times certainly contributed to a loss. We're not paying Aaron Rodgers 1/7+ of the salary cap to be decent or even above average. Green Bay isn't going to win many playoff games with Rodgers' producing the pedestrian statistics he put up. Did Rodgers take avoidable sacks, yes. Did those sacks kill drives prematurely, yes.

you can not have your cake and eat it to! his "defect" does in fact allow him to complete passes and extend plays. so, yes it is a small issue but it IS NOT a major problem that anyone needs to worry about. this team has some major issues to address. this IS NOT one of them.

You are just not being honest about this. a game doesn't go by that his extending plays doesn't pay off a few times.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can not have your cake and eat it to! his "defect" does in fact allow him to complete passes and extend plays. so, yes it is a small issue but it IS NOT a major problem that anyone needs to worry about. this team has some major issues to address. this IS NOT one of them.

You are just not being honest about this. a game doesn't go by that his extending plays doesn't pay off a few times.

you can not have your cake and eat it to! Brett Favre's "defect" does in fact allow him to complete passes and make plays. so, yes it is a small issue but it IS NOT a major problem that anyone needs to worry about. this team has some major issues to address. Brett Favre's throwing drive killing interceptions and picks at inopportune times IS NOT one of them.

You are just not being honest about this. a game doesn't go by that Brett Favre's playmaking ability doesn't pay off a few times.

Well I'll give you credit you are polished, most likely from years of defending Rodgers' predecessor. Your type is old Nomofo, you're the kind of fan who comes out and blasts anyone for criticizing his hero even when that player made mistakes. How dare anyone criticize your beloved superstar hero, eh?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I'll give you credit you are polished, most likely from years of defending Rodgers' predecessor. Your type is old Nomofo, you're the kind of fan who comes out and blasts anyone for criticizing his hero even when that player made mistakes. How dare anyone criticize your beloved superstar hero, eh?

ahhhhhhhh...easy e...big fella...you wanna take a look at my screen name?
no more 4. ....lol.... There's not a person on the planet happier that I don't have to deal with that type of QB leading my team. To say I wasn't a fan of his is an understatement. ..but nice try. We can always tell when somebody has no valid points to make because they attack the messanger.

it is in fact the very reason I stick up for Rodgers as much as I do.

I

FFS guys, why does this have to end up being a slanging match ?. We all have our own opinions. Just saying

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahhhhhhhh...easy e...big fella...you wanna take a look at my screen name?
no more 4. ....lol.... There's not a person on the planet happier that I don't have to deal with that type of QB leading my team. To say I wasn't a fan of his is an understatement. ..but nice try. We can always tell when somebody has no valid points to make because they attack the messanger.

it is in fact the very reason I stick up for Rodgers as much as I do.

Yet your argument is identical to the one's used by Favre apologists in the post Holmgren years. Is Rodgers among the best players in the league, again yes. Does his game have holes, areas in which he can improve, again yes. Go watch the final Packers drive against Indianapolis in 2012 and watch Rodgers take two avoidable sacks to end the drive and then come back here and tell me I'm wrong.

Last edited:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lmao.....seriously???????? For the past 4 years all we've heard from Packer fans is that Rodgers DOESN'T take shots enough up the field!!!!!!! 90% of what we all write on this forum are "opinions". THIS however is just whacked. Aaron Rodgers may be the most "disciplined" QB in all of football. TO - A - FAULT sometimes, A Aaron Rodgers will "take what the defense gives him".

With all due respect to a fellow Packer fan, you could not be more off on a statement if you tried.

What a dignified response, if you can't make an argument attack the messenger.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FFS guys, why does this have to end up being a slanging match ?. We all have our own opinions. Just saying

could not agree more. certain guys here tend to get personal. I never go there until somebody starts in on me. ...I agree with you.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a dignified response, if you can't make an argument attack the messenger.

WHAT? By chance are you an only child? You call people names and we're told to grow up and attacked and you have a problem with THIS post above? Is that a joke?

Last edited:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet your argument is identical to the one's used by Favre apologists in the post Holmgren years. Is Rodgers among the best players in the league, again yes. Does his game have holes, areas in which he can improve, again yes. Go watch the final Packers drive against Indianapolis in 2012 and watch Rodgers take two avoidable sacks to end the drive and then come back here and tell me I'm wrong.

lol.... ya...makes sense. brent was possibly the most reckless QB in the game and Rodgers protects the ball like his first born. Rodger's takes sacks and brent forces balls and throws interceptions. ummmmmmmmm.... same argument.

and again... you need to go back two years to give me an example? AHHHHHHHHHHH.... is that maybe telling you something easy e?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ehind-by-nfl-elite-b99180633z1-239781131.html

In 2010, Rodgers performed well in the first and third playoff games and brilliantly in the second and fourth. His pelts forever are on the wall.

Since then, in four playoff games, he outplayed the aforementioned Webb (subbing last minute for the injured Ponder) in the only victory and was outplayed by Kaepernick twice and Eli Manning once in the three defeats.

Not once in those four games did the opposing coordinators all-out blitz Rodgers, and on a mere 12.3% of passes did they even pressure with five. Just as San Francisco's Vic Fangio did last Sunday, the way to subdue Rodgers in the postseason is to make him be patient.

After review, it could be said that Rodgers gave the Packers ordinary quarterback play in his last four playoff starts.

Rodgers accepted blame Tuesday, but the only thing that matters will be if he performs a whole lot better than ordinary if and when his team returns to the postseason.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't tell amongst the insults and stuff, what each of your take is on Rodgers playoff work the past 3 long seasons is?

He hasn't had any Favre WTF last second moments, but he's been very Trent Dilfer-like.
He's not paid to be Dilfer-like.

He gets a "C" from me the past 3 playoff seasons.
Outplayed by Kaepernick. Twice.
And by Elisha Manning.
Two in our stadium.

But next year.... we're going to outscore our opponents 102-45 in the post-season and Rodgers will again be a Super Bowl MVP.
If Teddy follows my blueprint.

I

But next year.... we're going to outscore our opponents 102-45 in the post-season and Rodgers will again be a Super Bowl MVP.

Failing that, a visit from Fat Tony and Jimmy "two fingers" Langano should do the trick.

Reaction score
23-year old QB Andrew Luck has 731 passing yards, 4 TD passes, and a historically clutch 4th-quarter comeback win in only 2 playoff games. Not bad.
But he also was to blame for getting them in that hole in the first place... Also, 7+ interceptions in his first 2 games isn't that impressive.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't tell amongst the insults and stuff, what each of your take is on Rodgers playoff work the past 3 long seasons is?

He hasn't had any Favre WTF last second moments, but he's been very Trent Dilfer-like.
He's not paid to be Dilfer-like.

He gets a "C" from me the past 3 playoff seasons.
Outplayed by Kaepernick. Twice.
And by Elisha Manning.
Two in our stadium.

You know, reading McGinn's opinion I find myself agreeing. McGinn is notorious for highlighting the negative about TT, but someone has to play the bad guy sometimes, especially when everyone else is apologizing, so let it be McGinn.

4 playoff games in the last 3 years and 2 have been blowouts, one a good but not great game (this year), and one a win against the Joe Webb-led Vikings in which we probably should have blown them sky-high but merely won.

Contrast that to the Patriots. I watched how the Patriots dismantled Indy last night and I noticed several things.

Yes, they have better personnel overall than we do, but a) Belichick isn't the guy calling the plays, it's McDaniels their OC, and he was masterful. The announcers talked about how he had identified some weakness on the Indy left side that he was exploiting all game. When if ever have I heard MM's play-calling described as masterful? And why the hell is MM calling the plays in the first place?? b) the Patriots put on their best performances year after year in the playoffs. We don't, except for 2010. No, they haven't won a SB in many years, but unlike us, they have MADE it to the AFC championship game and the SB umpteen more times than we have. c) Brady is always ready for the playoffs. He almost never has a pedestrian game. You always know he's gonna bring it. d) There's always somebody, several players who have a big game for the Patriots. e) the Patriots don't spend the bank on FA, but they aren't afraid to go get a player, like LaGarrette Blount (I think he was a FA?). Look what he did last night. I agree with McGinn. Unless you hit the jackpot year after year in the draft, you need to supplement your picks with more experienced FAs. TT has been hit and miss with the draft. Some good, some bad, and without FA acquisitions, the bads stand out, like Derrick Sherrod, Nick Perry and Datone Jones, our 1st rounders. Nobody can predict injuries, and those players certainly have a chance to become impact players, but you can't bank on that.

Rodgers has been ok, but ok in the playoffs is not good enough. You have to be great. I wish that I could call his performances over the last 3 years great, any 1 of the 4, but I can't.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts