Rodgers not worried about new deal

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=6322

“It’s not something I think about,” said Rodgers, who is represented by David Dunn, who handles many of the top quarterbacks’ contracts. “We were so blessed to be able to have that contract done in 2008. We knew at the time that was more money than I ever could have imagined signing for, and it was a no brainer for me. But we knew if I performed the way I felt I was capable of performing, that by league standards that by the time I got into my third or fourth or fifth season, that I’d be underpaid by league standards.
“But I don’t look at it that way. I look at it as I’m fortunate to make the kind of money I make and be in the situation I’m in and be with the Packers’ organization. I want to retire as a Packer. They know that, the fans know that, my teammates know that, and this is where I want to be. I’m not worried about (a new contract). We’re still a few years away from me completing this deal, and whenever it comes time to make a new deal, I’m looking forward to maybe signing my last deal, playing it out, and retiring.”

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Rodgers is not one of these money hungry players.

You never hear stories about Green Bay over paying people, or trying to make someone the top paid player in the position they play.

Just look at Tennessee, was Chris Johnson really worth all that money? And look how a player performs after hitting all that money.

Rodgers deserves a whole new pedestal of respect for not pouting and saying "I want more money, I just won a Super Bowl and so and so makes more money than me". Even without being the most paid player in the league, they are set for life with money, and it should never matter.

This is one of many reasons I love Rodgers.
He could easily complain and throw a fit for more money but he don't care, he's playing because he loves the game, and he's a winner.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
You can definitely see his gratitude in his attitude! :inlove:

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Brett at one point in time said similar things..

So things can and do change

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Very true with him...he's been known to say alot of things...it just depended on which team he was playing for.

I hope we don't see the events of that repeated ever again!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Rodgers is not one of these money hungry players.

You never hear stories about Green Bay over paying people, or trying to make someone the top paid player in the position they play.

Just look at Tennessee, was Chris Johnson really worth all that money? And look how a player performs after hitting all that money.

Rodgers deserves a whole new pedestal of respect for not pouting and saying "I want more money, I just won a Super Bowl and so and so makes more money than me".

On the other hand, he does deserve more money, too. Let's lock him up long term.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts