Rodgers for Vice President?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That should get RFK Jr. A couple more votes.
Rodgers is desperate for attention. He probably figured out after getting kicked off the McAfee show he's becoming, if not irrelevant, just weird and boring. And he's a hypocrite - on one hand saying the Jets need to get any non-football "********" out of the building while he "entertains" a hopeless run for VP. But hey, the publicity. I'm sure Saleh is thrilled.

And really shame on the Jets for getting conned by Rodgers, and saddled with old, past-their-prime players he demanded they bring in.

I'm trying to figure out how he went from this guy we loved to watch and cheer for every week to this total nut case. When did that happen? I get that he soured on Gluten and the way the Love pick was handled, but that wouldn't cause this craziness. He doesn't seem bitter toward the Packers, quite the contrary with Love. He's just gone off the deep end.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard Rodgers mentioned with the Sandy Hook massacre. That was over ten years ago and while I believe Rodgers has gone off the deep end, this seems like too much.
A different "news source" showed a local TV video of him denouncing the tragedy at the time 10 + years ago. Like I said, mud slinging which is another phrase for making stuff up.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A different "news source" showed a local TV video of him denouncing the tragedy at the time 10 + years ago. Like I said, mud slinging which is another phrase for making stuff up.
Certainly Rodgers has done some weird stuff - from ayahuasca to vaccine denier. The funny part is that with Rodgers, there's no need to pile on with this made-up stuff.

I'm not making excuses for him. Entertaining a VP run is hypocritical after saying the entire Jets org needs to be focused on football. As I said, Rodgers comes up with enough weird stuff on his own. No need to embellish.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when he lost the Jeopardy gig.
Was that when he flipped out? I watched a few of the shows he hosted. He looked the part, cleaned up in a suit and tie, he can look good when he wants to. But there was nothing special about him as a host. Funny cause I thought Alex Trebek came off as arrogant but he was revered as a host of Jeopardy. Rodgers played it straight and for once didn't come off as an arrogant jerk. Maybe he tried too hard. Anyway, he just didn't have "it".

But getting that gig would have brought him a kind of lasting fame, and losing it maybe made him bitter? In an odd way, he doesn't seem like the kind of celebrity that really handles fame well - outside of football.

In the end, Rodgers without a football in his hand is just another guy without any other talents to match what he did on the field. Well that and a whole **** load of money.......

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But getting that gig would have brought him a kind of lasting fame, and losing it maybe made him bitter? In an odd way, he doesn't seem like the kind of celebrity that really handles fame well - outside of football.

In the end, Rodgers without a football in his hand is just another guy without any other talents to match what he did on the field. Well that and a whole **** load of money.......
Interesting comment. Maybe that's why Rodgers seems to date so many celebrities, he likes the extra fame and attention that comes with it?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And or he likes hot women.
I'll preface this by admitting I probably wouldn't be considered a prize myself and that everyone has there preferences but Id say Aaron is batting about .500 in the hot women category. There are definitely some hot ones on the list but there are also a few that, while attractive, I wouldn't consider hot.

The debate with those would be you want me or my money?
Or as my ex used to say. Of course I married you for your money. You married me for my body didn't you?

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Jets fans can breathe, RFK Jr. Named his running mate and it wasn't Aaron Rodgers. Back to football.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers has played what, 4 plays for the Jets and the Media is already talking about the possibility of the Jets giving up on him. :eek: :eek: :eek: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

A year ago, the Jets were headed to the next Super Bowl!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has played what, 4 plays for the Jets and the Media is already talking about the possibility of the Jets giving up on him. :eek: :eek: :eek: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

A year ago, the Jets were headed to the next Super Bowl!

If they are not really tough; I will be very surprised

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If they are not really tough; I will be very surprised
I guess what I find "funny" about the way the NY media is treating Rodgers, is that Rodgers really hasn't done anything in the last year to warrant taking either side. It wasn't like the injury was his fault. It wasn't like he didn't appear to be ready to play his best football for the Jets. I haven't heard of him doing anything all that unusual or out of character. Sounds like he worked his butt off to possibly come back even earlier than expected.

Sounds more like a fan base wanting to second guess the trade. Kind of like a bride getting cold feet after the first wedding was canceled due to bad weather.

That said, as I think you are implying, I guess we shouldn't be surprised when it comes to the NY Media. The last year has given them a lot of time to fully soak up who Aaron Rodgers is/has been on and off the field.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Injury saved the Jets a 1st Rd pick, but also gave them no return on their investment and losing a 2nd Rd pick. Anyway, happy 4th year anniversary to a pick that was highly scrutinized, but has turned out pretty well in the long run.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts