Rodgers Firsters v. Favre Firsters

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it dosent really matter who the QB is as long as he can win. Ive been watching the Packers since the Lynn ****ey days. So its not just all Favre for me. I do think that if Brett does decide to come back he will be our starting QB. The smart thing like people stated before is to let Rodgers and Favre battle for the starting position. And I am very confident that Brett will win that battle. Not just from more skill, but also experience.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it dosent really matter who the QB is as long as he can win. Ive been watching the Packers since the Lynn ****ey days. So its not just all Favre for me. I do think that if Brett does decide to come back he will be our starting QB. The smart thing like people stated before is to let Rodgers and Favre battle for the starting position. And I am very confident that Brett will win that battle. Not just from more skill, but also experience.

That is not the smartest way to go about it. a QB competition will not happen. Brett hasn't been in the OTA's. IF he comes back he needs every snap possible. Same thing for Arod. QB competition won't work on so many levels. and for god sakes people, why would Brett tarnish his legacy by possibly losing his starting job. Wont happen, shouldn't happen.

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel that its the best way to go about the Rodgers situation. Instead of just bumping him off as the starter, give him a shot to prove himself. Either way in my opinion he is gonna lose and be ticked off, but at least you gave him a shot to compete for the starting job. I think Brett has been playing for so friggin long that it is not gonna take a whole hell of a lot to get him ready for an offense that he took all the way to the NFC championship game last year.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I support the Packers. I don't care who the QB is, or any player for that matter - I still root for the Pack on Sunday.

I support any player that gives 100% effort on and off the field to be the best person, player, and teammate he can be. Team should come first - period.

Favre definitely proved he is one of those guys, but the last few years has almost been a distraction with a seemingly selfish attitude.

Rodgers has yet to show how he will lead this team. I reserve my opinion until we have something to measure him by.

The media, particularly ESPN, will put whatever spin and hype around anything they want so I don't value those reports and rumors that don't have any factual information. As long as both Favre and ARod put what is best for the team first, it doesnt matter to me who plays. Hell, play em both. The big trend with RBs is to "share the rock" and split carries, why not 2 QBs?

I guess I'm in your camp. I'm a HUGE Favre fan, but a Packers fan first, and if Rodgers proves in camp he's better, start Rodgers. I want the Packers to win as many games as possible, and in the end, hold the Lombardi Trophy. That's what I care about more than who is starting QB, although Favre is my favorite player of all-time, I put the team first, individual players second.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts