Rodgers Firsters v. Favre Firsters

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's clear we have two main factions on this board. Rodgers supporters and Favre supporters. Each one walks on water to their respective supporters.

If Favre said what Rodgers said about telling the fans to shut up, Rodgers supporters would be going nuts and "Favre is selfish", etc. And Favre supporters would be saying that its all the media's fault, etc.

I'm a Favre supporter simply because I think the window to win is small and I think Favre gives us hte best shot with his great season last year and Rodgers is bound to have growing pains and oculd bolt in two years anyway. While Rodgers supporters I'm sure feel that Favre is finished or past his prime or shouldn't be allowed to come back because he retired (fair enough, we should simply release or trade him if he wants to come back then and all problems are solved - Rodgers starts), etc. and Rodgers is the future of the Pack.

I think we should all make a pact to come together regardless of what happens. I'm supporting the Packers 08 and beyond if its Favre or of its Rodgers. We're simply fans, we don't make the decisions, TT is the one who's really screwed. If Favre is released or traded, good luck to him but if the Packers play against his team, I know I'm going to be hoping for one of his patented Int's, haha.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I made the same statement this morning on my blog. I just dont care. I am going to trust TT because I am a Packer fan. Rest assured, if he does make the wrong choice, he will feel the wrath. For now, I love everyone, except Trom.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with your premise. I think you are setting up a false dichotomy. While I do think there are a lot of fans who are bigger Favre supporters than Packer supporters, I don't see it with Rodgers. The reason is simple: Favre is a legend. His accomplishments put him on a level where some people see him as bigger than the team. I don't think that's right, but I can understand it. Rodgers, meanwhile, has done nothing yet, so he does not inspire that kind of loyalty.

Most of the so-called "Favre firsters" have been run off this board anyway because of their rude behavior.

Rodgers was criticized by plenty of fans, myself included, who fully support him but thought the "get on board or keep their mouths shut" comment was a stupid thing to say. A comment like that from Favre would've gotten a similar reaction from a lot of the same people. Some people don't mind their starting QB, whoever he is, saying stuff like that, while others think it's a bad idea.

Splitting the fans along Favre/Rodgers lines is not accurate, in my opinion. The reality is a lot more complicated than that.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I support the Packers. I don't care who the QB is, or any player for that matter - I still root for the Pack on Sunday.

I support any player that gives 100% effort on and off the field to be the best person, player, and teammate he can be. Team should come first - period.

Favre definitely proved he is one of those guys, but the last few years has almost been a distraction with a seemingly selfish attitude.

Rodgers has yet to show how he will lead this team. I reserve my opinion until we have something to measure him by.

The media, particularly ESPN, will put whatever spin and hype around anything they want so I don't value those reports and rumors that don't have any factual information. As long as both Favre and ARod put what is best for the team first, it doesnt matter to me who plays. Hell, play em both. The big trend with RBs is to "share the rock" and split carries, why not 2 QBs?

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate these terms.

I don't think either walks on water, or harp on everything one of them does wrong. I like them both and believe Brett is better right now. I also liked Aaron's comments to the media.

If the Favre-firsters were run off we could probably stop letting that term fly around here. I've been reading all these threads lately and don't see anyone demonizing TT or who is ignorant of Packers lore outside of Favre or all exhibiting any other supposed Favre-firster traits.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
I hate these terms.

I don't think either walks on water, or harp on everything one of them does wrong. I like them both and believe Brett is better right now. I also liked Aaron's comments to the media.

If the Favre-firsters were run off we could probably stop letting that term fly around here. I've been reading all these threads lately and don't see anyone demonizing TT or who is ignorant of Packers lore outside of Favre or all exhibiting any other supposed Favre-firster traits.

It's ok. You're new.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've only been here 9 months. Well OK then I'm going officially "old" by declaring myself the first Flynn-Firster.

Who has won the most recent championship?

Yeah, that's right. FLYNN!

You want to win, you want FLYNN!

His passes be crisp like Peking duck, cuz you know he just don't give a -

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can put me in the third category, the one who want Rodgers as our quarterback because that's what the team is preparing for. It has nothing to do with prefering Rodgers over Favre for me. It has everything to do with what direction the team has been headed and how the coaches and players have been preparing. I'm a Packers fan. I may not agree with every decision the team makes, but when someone retires it doesn't leave the team much choice other than to prepare for the future and to move on. They aren't going to sit around and twiddle their thumbs until Favre decides whether or not he's going to come out of retirement, and neither am I. The man is retired, so I don't see the point in dwelling on whether he should be our QB this season. If the man comes out of retirement and the Packers want him back, so be it. I'll root for him like I have the last 16 years. But until that happens, I'm looking forward to seeing Rodgers behind center.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can put me in the third category, the one who want Rodgers as our quarterback because that's what the team is preparing for. It has nothing to do with prefering Rodgers over Favre for me. It has everything to do with what direction the team has been headed and how the coaches and players have been preparing. I'm a Packers fan. I may not agree with every decision the team makes, but when someone retires it doesn't leave the team much choice other than to prepare for the future and to move on. They aren't going to sit around and twiddle their thumbs until Favre decides whether or not he's going to come out of retirement, and neither am I. The man is retired, so I don't see the point in dwelling on whether he should be our QB this season. If the man comes out of retirement and the Packers want him back, so be it. I'll root for him like I have the last 16 years. But until that happens, I'm looking forward to seeing Rodgers behind center.

and there ya go. its not Favre-Firsters v Rodgers Firsters. theres no such thing as a Rodgers-Firsters. Its fan's with sense like Nathaniel here and then theres fan's who want to see Favre no matter what happens to the rest of the team. and there is no Versus either... Just sane fans calling out ones with crooked agendas and asking them to please... cheer for the Green Bay Packers not one Green Bay Packer.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree, you have the people who love the Packers on this site. None of it has to do with being a Favre firster or whatever. People disagree with approaches taken by the organization and calmly debate it in a mature manner.

Then you have in paticular two people on this board that try to demonize everyone who disagress with them and start things at every chance. They I'm sure have came up with Favre Firster along with other numerous things put forth with the intentions of antagonizing people who think differently. The powers that be just kind of turn thier head and look the other way.

We are all Packer fans here and honestly I doubt any of us are Favre Firster's. I think Brett gives us the best chance to win, which last time I checked, was what the NFL was all about. If that makes me a 'Favre Firster' to some nobody on the internet, so be it.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree, you have the people who love the Packers on this site. None of it has to do with being a Favre firster or whatever. People disagree with approaches taken by the organization and calmly debate it in a mature manner.

Then you have in paticular two people on this board that try to demonize everyone who disagress with them and start things at every chance. They I'm sure have came up with Favre Firster along with other numerous things put forth with the intentions of antagonizing people who think differently. The powers that be just kind of turn thier head and look the other way.

We are all Packer fans here and honestly I doubt any of us are Favre Firster's. I think Brett gives us the best chance to win, which last time I checked, was what the NFL was all about. If that makes me a 'Favre Firster' to some nobody on the internet, so be it.

you seem pretty familiar with the people on this site, noob.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are all Packer fans here and honestly I doubt any of us are Favre Firster's.

Good luck with that, skippy.

NFL_GEEK said:
if Farve wants to play he can just show up..there's nothing MM or TT can do about it and heck if TT doesn't want him...release him to the Vikings...although I am not a Vikings fan...reeasing him to the Vikings would be great...so that way I can see him play in Lambeau Field whooping TT's team. hahahaha that would be funny

****Definition of a Favre-firster****

Next you're gonna say GB doesn't have its share of fair weather fans either. All teams do. There are people who follow the patriots just because of Brady, or the Colts just because of Peyton. Its just the way it works. All teams have them.

I'm sure you noticed a lot of people stopped posting here when Favre retired. Wait...you were one of them.

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bravo! You took the words right out of my mouth, I'm not a Favre or Rodgers "firster" but I belive that the team was ready to move on and it's not fair to the team, fans and espectialy Rodgers to play with the team like this. I think our best chance is with Rodgers under center because that is exactly what the team has been preparing for since Favre retired.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:

NFL_GEEK said:
if Farve wants to play he can just show up..there's nothing MM or TT can do about it and heck if TT doesn't want him...release him to the Vikings...although I am not a Vikings fan...reeasing him to the Vikings would be great...so that way I can see him play in Lambeau Field whooping TT's team. hahahaha that would be funny

Next you're gonna say GB doesn't have its share of fair weather fans either. All teams do. There are people who follow the patriots just because of Brady, or the Colts just because of Peyton. Its just the way it works. All teams have them.

I'm sure you noticed a lot of people stopped posting here when Favre retired. Wait...you were one of them.

OMG.....I stopped posting.......must mean something......couldn't be TT's offseason is just about as exciting as watching paint dry.

OP
OP
R

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:

Bravo! You took the words right out of my mouth, I'm not a Favre or Rodgers "firster" but I belive that the team was ready to move on and it's not fair to the team, fans and espectialy Rodgers to play with the team like this. I think our best chance is with Rodgers under center because that is exactly what the team has been preparing for since Favre retired.

The Favre Firster v. Rodgers Firster was meant to be a joke and in retrospect, it probably wasn't a good idea, lol.

But that is my point. It's not our decisoin to make, its TT and MM. Whatever they choose, we're gonna support the Packers. It's their choice. If Favre asks to come back, the ball is in their court, if they don't want him, they can release or trade and Packers move on.

All I was saying is IMO (maybe I'm niave), I think if TT chose to bring back Favre, we would all (for the most part), support the Packers and if he chose to release or trade him, we would all (for the most part), support the Packers. It's not our decision, it's theirs.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cubanpenguin said:
nathaniel said:

The Favre Firster v. Rodgers Firster was meant to be a joke and in retrospect, it probably wasn't a good idea, lol.

But that is my point. It's not our decisoin to make, its TT and MM. Whatever they choose, we're gonna support the Packers. It's their choice. If Favre asks to come back, the ball is in their court, if they don't want him, they can release or trade and Packers move on.

All I was saying is IMO (maybe I'm niave), I think if TT chose to bring back Favre, we would all (for the most part), support the Packers and if he chose to release or trade him, we would all (for the most part), support the Packers. It's not our decision, it's theirs.

Exactly, whatever the case, I will be cheering on the Pack either way. I can question management because I'm a fan, that's my job. Either way I will support the players and be behind them come Sunday, just like the last 30+ years

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dd80forever said:

NFL_GEEK said:

OMG.....I stopped posting.......must mean something......couldn't be TT's offseason is just about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Yeah, it's a coincidence you stopped posting when Favre retired and suddenly return when these unretirement rumors hit. Coincidence, I'm sure.

(and forgot your username? Yeah, you didn't plan on coming back. Don't ******** a bullshitter.)

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, I had Arrow reset my Password the other day Inspector Gadget. Where do you get your material?

By the way, why doesn't the ignore button work?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, I had Arrow reset my Password the other day Inspector Gadget. Where do you get your material?

By the way, why doesn't the ignore button work?

Why was it reset? Hmmm...

and don't worry about the ignore, you won't be here long enough for me to annoy you too bad.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100%....Favre gives the Packers the best chance to win, so why the hell would you not want him on your team if he wanted to come back?

OP
OP
R

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm assuming if Favre returns to the Packers, all the people that don't like the move, would still cheer for the Packers and wish success on Favre? Trom?

So why can't we all just be a big happy family and wait until this all pans out and then unify. It's ultimately TT's decision to make IF Favre EVEN wants to come back. All this oculd be for not.

I will admit that I am guilty of getting a bit too involved in this topic but all the Favre Firster comments were p'ing me off, I don't usually post, I usually just view and chat on game days.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry, you won't be here long enough for me to annoy you too bad.

I heard that before. That is a line from a movie.

No.... No.... (Sorry My mistake.)

It was not a movie. It was a Bouncer that said that to me at "The Number Five Orange." British Columbia in 1979. just before he threw me and three of my friends out the door on our ***.

I was young, I deserved it.

It is still the best club in Vancouver. I know a few Canadian Packer Forum Members here will agree. (Big Ole Smile.)

http://www.orangeno5.com/no5_dancers.html

Trom For MOD! "Play along or he will introduce you to the pavement."

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
I hate these terms.

It's ok. You're new.

It takes 11,000+ posts around here before you know anything about the Packers...everyone knows that. :lol:

I believe the biggest group or faction want what's best for the Packers to win - now and in the future. That's why they pay TT the big bucks to figure this stuff out. I hope Favre comes back, wins two more SB rings and retires. In the meantime, either Rodgers or Brohm get even better and take this team right where it left off with Favre...pipe dream maybe, but that's what I want to see. Reality tells me that if A-Rod doesn't start this year, he's as good as gone when the season's over.

Members online

Latest posts