Rival Watch

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like the old thread is locked.

Saints looking scary. 8 receivers in first 15 plays. They are running roughshod over Bucs D. I shudder to think our D against them.

An injury free Saints is scary. More than Bucs and Hawks atm.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Must be some mistake.

I’ve been informed that the Saints are not an impressive opponent and that the Bucs can’t be beaten.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints look amazing. Really pressuring Brady and Breeze looks great.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11 receivers in first half. Hill, Thomas, Kamara.....all having good games.

Bucs D isn't to be underestimated but they are just rolling over it.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Saints could easily come out next week and stink it up while the Bucs run the table. That's how the league works.

Well maybe not next week against the 49ers but the week after against Atlanta.

D

Deleted member 6794

Looks like the old thread is locked.

Saints looking scary. 8 receivers in first 15 plays. They are running roughshod over Bucs D. I shudder to think our D against them.

An injury free Saints is scary. More than Bucs and Hawks atm.

Yet the Packers were able to beat them on the road in week 3.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they had injuries. Right now the are much better than the week 3 team we faced.
they were without Davenport and THomas, we were without Clark and Adams. only noteables that I remember missing from that game.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
When they had injuries. Right now the are much better than the week 3 team we faced.
We’ve had injuries all season long and yes there are fans out there who have seen us and said, dang, the Packers offense is a machine. They’re gonna be tough to beat!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A notable stat was that Kamara touched the ball the fewest times all season last night. I think that was because they noticed the linebackers giving a lot of attention to him. So use him as a decoy. Something LaFleur should have noticed about Jones in the Tampa game.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's so funny to me that there are people who will do basically anything to build the narrative that their team is worse than it actually is.

"No quality wins!"

Well they beat the Saints on the road.

"The Saints aren't a quality win!"

Well they crushed the Bucs on the road.

"They weren't good when we played them!"

Ok...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figure we have a chance to win every single game. A good chance. But I admit that I just don't like Pettine. I can't get over using the 3 man rush. We have a good enough team that he may just be able to stick around for too long. Just like Capers.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's week to week life in the regular season of the NFL. On NFL Network this morning good morning football, they're pronouncing the Saints clearly the best team in the league. Two weeks ago it was the Bucs that were not only the best but were going to get better-something I agreed with at the time . Before that it was the Packers in the first four games and they're unstoppable offensive machine. We're halfway into the season. We've got a clear view of who the legit contenders are, but as to who's the best? Long way to go.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I figure we have a chance to win every single game. A good chance. But I admit that I just don't like Pettine. I can't get over using the 3 man rush. We have a good enough team that he may just be able to stick around for too long. Just like Capers.

I don't think Pettine has done anything to earn anyone's confidence this year.

But I would also argue that the only reason he's trying to drop 8 so frequently is that when he drops 7 and rushes 4, guys aren't getting to the QB. The Packers' pressure rate this season is bottom 8.

I would prefer to just keep rushing four and give them a chance to snap out of it, but it's not completely assinine that a coach would respond to an inability to create pressure with more guys in coverage.

If rushing neither 3 or 4 is going to win the fight up front very often, then it's understandable why a guy would just decide to have an extra many down field.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Pettine has done anything to earn anyone's confidence this year.

But I would also argue that the only reason he's trying to drop 8 so frequently is that when he drops 7 and rushes 4, guys aren't getting to the QB. The Packers' pressure rate this season is bottom 8.

I would prefer to just keep rushing four and give them a chance to snap out of it, but it's not completely assinine that a coach would respond to an inability to create pressure with more guys in coverage.

If rushing neither 3 or 4 is going to win the fight up front very often, then it's understandable why a guy would just decide to have an extra many down field.
I can see that logic with rushing 4 or 5. But 3 is just a recipe for disaster. Especially for us. imho. Although I can see needing to spy for a bit on some of these really quick and fast QBs.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the Saints are the biggest challenge with how they can beat you on the ground and through the air. Bucs will be tough but have come back to earth. Seahawks have a great offense and a questionable defense, similar to us.

Playoff picture
Locks - Packers, Seahawks, Saints
Close to locks - Bucs
Probably will make it - Rams, Cardinals
Someone from the East has to make - Probably Philly?

If they expand to 8 teams (which they shouldnt) that would leave one more. You have the Bears as the only team above .500 of that next group. Then you have 49ers, Vikings, Lions, Falcons, and Panthers. 49ers injuries and quality of division make it hard for me to see them making a run. The lions are the lions. Panthers just got McCaffery back and will be tougher. Vikings have Cook and some solid pieces. Falcons have a dynamic offense when it is right.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I can see that logic with rushing 4 or 5. But 3 is just a recipe for disaster. Especially for us. imho. Although I can see needing to spy for a bit on some of these really quick and fast QBs.

Again, I'm not advocating for it, but people also don't take note when rushing three works.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No-- the the problem is that they're not getting pressure with 4.
Well, that's a problem. But you don't solve it by rushing 3. The QB can just sit back there until someone gets open.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're not getting pressure, that's true regardless.
No, it is different. The 3 man might never get anywhere whereas the 4 will eventually. But personally if the 4 are having such a hard time against a team; then Pettine should think of something else. But evidently that is one move in advance too far for him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
No, it is different. The 3 man might never get anywhere whereas the 4 will eventually. But personally if the 4 are having such a hard time against a team; then Pettine should think of something else. But evidently that is one move in advance too far for him.

Lol. Look, it's fine if you hate 3 man rushes. But if you think that a) he isn't trying anything else, or b) he doesn't have the capacity to think of something else, then I'm not too confident in your analysis.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not at all thrilled with Pettine myself, but to be fair I saw something a few days ago I don't remember where, that analyzed that he had tried pretty much everything, different looks and fronts, blitzes, and more. Nothing worked. Maybe it's time to cast as hard a look at the players.

Members online

Latest posts