Ridiculously early draft thread

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson deserves some criticism for selecting Perry as he publicly stated that he wanted to play in a 4-3 defense. In addition Harrison Smith would have filled a major need at the time of the 2012 draft.
So what, Charles Woodson said he didn't want to play in Green Bay either. Perry has the skills to be a pretty dang good player in either formation. Smith would have been nice too, but picking someone that has the ability to be that other guy across from the man we had already in Matthews could hardly be called a mistake.

I'm not going to argue it worked out that great for us, but he didn't pick a pile of chopped liver. When he's been healthy he holds the point of attack as well as anybody and he can push and collapse a pocket from one side.

D

Deleted member 6794

So what, Charles Woodson said he didn't want to play in Green Bay either. Perry has the skills to be a pretty dang good player in either formation. Smith would have been nice too, but picking someone that has the ability to be that other guy across from the man we had already in Matthews could hardly be called a mistake.

I'm not going to argue it worked out that great for us, but he didn't pick a pile of chopped liver. When he's been healthy he holds the point of attack as well as anybody and he can push and collapse a pocket from one side.

Woodson's situation was different though as he was a veteran not having any other offers at the time and decided on his own to sign in Green Bay. Perry didn't specifically mention not wanting to play for the Packers but made it clear he preferred to line up in a 4-3 defense.

I agree that Perry has mostly been a productive player when healthy and I was surprised he re-signed with the team last offseason.

Members online

Latest posts