Richard Marshall (CB) of the Panthers skipping work outs

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Marshall

He has a 2nd round tender, a young guy at 25 years old who is not happy with his contract. An interesting prospect for the Packers. I would love for someone to give the Pack a 2nd round pick for Colledge so we could make a move like this before the draft.

He is a starter for the Panthers with some good numbers well over 70 tackles and had 4 INTs last year. With Woodson and Al getting older, this would be a nice move if the contract numbers are reasonable to get a young and proven CB.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free agency is pretty much out of the question at this point. Mccarthy hinted at fan fest that they aren't planning to arrange any outside free agent visits and all their work so far has been on the draft. I don't even believe any team is really looking to spend a 2nd rounder for Colledge, he's just not worth it.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya but what about trading them AJ Hawk for Richard Marshall straight up. I believe Marshall was either a 2nd or 3rd rounder, so they would feel like they are getting the better end of the deal with Hawk having been a 1st rounder. This way we can draft an ILB to replace Hawk with the pick that we would have likely used on a CB. I have watched many of Marshall's games and the man can play, and with the tutelage of our DB's coach and Woodson/Harris I think he could become a starting caliber player for us once those 2 leave. Plus he is a tackling machine and his strengths seem to lie in zone coverage moreso than man. I think that we should at least look into it.

Trust me i would love to give them Colledge instead, but the don't need him, their o-line is good, and well even if they had an opening I'm not sure that they'd want him.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was a GM of one of the other NFL teams........I wouldn't even give you a 4th rounder for Colledge.

Members online

Latest posts