Retiring the Number...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well it appears to be official.. like there was a doubt, that no one will wear the #4 in Green Bay again.. that is a true Honor..

JSonline blog 3/19 said:
Packers to retire #4
Mark Murphy, president and ceo of the Green Bay Packers, said today that the Packers plan on retiring Brett Favre's number sometime this coming season.

Murphy said he had had a preliminary discussion with Favre, and that both Favre and the organization agreed that his No. 4 would be retired in 2008.

"Our plan and his is to retire his number sometime this season. And we will make a decision after the schedule comes out," Murphy said.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope they pick the Vikings game at Lambeau. It would be a hot ticket thats for sure.

They won't pick the Vikings game. What a disappointment that would be. Bring Favre in to honor him and retire his jersey, and then get beat. Better make it the Lions game.

Damn, I have to admit even I am going to miss watching #4 play. If you want to define "Old School", just insert Brett Favre. It was a game to Favre, he had fun. That is a breath of fresh air compared to many of the spoiled millionaire athletes today. A perfect example would be Daunte Culpepper, demanding more money after the 05 season. He couldn't carry Favre's jock.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL discourages retiring numbers and is trying to get teams to retire jerseys instead. But this is a clear case where a number needs to be retired.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
where does a number go when it is retired? Sun City West, Arizona?
Bed?

(ahhh geez, I think I just Cheesed all over myself!)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bed?

(ahhh geez, I think I just Cheesed all over myself!)
Serves ya right Trippster for trying to "out cheese" THE CHEESE!!! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
i hope they pick the Vikings game at Lambeau. It would be a hot ticket thats for sure.
A perfect example would be Daunte Culpepper, demanding more money after the 05 season. He couldn't carry Favre's jock.
Oh....he could carry it..........but he probably would fumble it! :lol:

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Soemone on another site had a good suggestion. Instead of retireing his number as so many have before, we should take it a step further and replace the number four with his name.

one, two, three , favre, five, six.....

Q: What time are does your plane arrive?
A: Sometime after favre. I think it is favre favreteen to be exact.

Q: how many kids do you have?
A: well we have three currently but we are working on number favre!

Boyfriend: Honey, did I satisfy you?
Girlfriend: Satisfy me??? Favre times for crying out loud. Wow!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Soemone on another site had a good suggestion. Instead of retireing his number as so many have before, we should take it a step further and replace the number four with his name.

Thats so Cheesey, even I wouldn't post that!!! :lol:

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
Packnic said:
A perfect example would be Daunte Culpepper, demanding more money after the 05 season. He couldn't carry Favre's jock.
Oh....he could carry it..........but he probably would fumble it! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL discourages retiring numbers and is trying to get teams to retire jerseys instead. But this is a clear case where a number needs to be retired.
Yeah, well the No Fun League can kiss some Packers Nation ***! 8)

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Here is a Comment for the JSOnline blog posting.. I like it.. that would **** the NFL office off but so be it..

Chuck from Cudahy said:
Here's a break the rules idea on how to retire Brett's number... Opening Day at Lambeau Field in September in front of 72,500 Packer Fans and a national TV audience. Brett is activated for the game and is introduced as the starting quarterback for his 276th straight game. He comes onto the field and takes the lst offensive snap of the game, hands off to Grant or throws a dump pass to a back. Then he greets Aaron Rogers (or Nall) for a handshake on the field and walks off. The place goes nuts and we all get to see him in uniform one more time. If the Packers have the game well in hand, he comes back out and takes the final snap of the game. Then we retire his number after the game. He was a break the rules quarterback, let's do something unique for a guy who truly deserves it! He knows we want to honor him in a special way and if he'd agree to it, we'd be able to send him off in style. Having him fill the 3rd quarterback roster spot for 1 game is a chance we ought to take. The only better way to handle this is to postpone the whole thing a year and get him to play in 08 :)

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a Comment for the JSOnline blog posting.. I like it.. that would **** the NFL office off but so be it..

Chuck from Cudahy said:
Here's a break the rules idea on how to retire Brett's number... Opening Day at Lambeau Field in September in front of 72,500 Packer Fans and a national TV audience. Brett is activated for the game and is introduced as the starting quarterback for his 276th straight game. He comes onto the field and takes the lst offensive snap of the game, hands off to Grant or throws a dump pass to a back. Then he greets Aaron Rogers (or Nall) for a handshake on the field and walks off. The place goes nuts and we all get to see him in uniform one more time. If the Packers have the game well in hand, he comes back out and takes the final snap of the game. Then we retire his number after the game. He was a break the rules quarterback, let's do something unique for a guy who truly deserves it! He knows we want to honor him in a special way and if he'd agree to it, we'd be able to send him off in style. Having him fill the 3rd quarterback roster spot for 1 game is a chance we ought to take. The only better way to handle this is to postpone the whole thing a year and get him to play in 08 :)

:shock: :shock: 8) 8)

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score

You are dreaming today a little aren't we.. I suppose a hot wholesaler was involved in this little skit.. :p

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
trippster said:

Truly funny if you have ever been to Sun City. Old people and golf courses as far as the eye can see.

Trip used to be a golf instructor, and he is oldER then I ;)

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chuck from Cudahy said:

After the game, during the press conference, he can finally admit how he gave Strahan the sack record! "It was a naked bootleg, I saw a gap and ran toward it. Then I realized it was his front teeth and he tackled me".

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Awesome.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chuck from Cudahy said:

After the game, during the press conference, he can finally admit how he gave Strahan the sack record! "It was a naked bootleg, I saw a gap and ran toward it. Then I realized it was his front teeth and he tackled me".
LOL!!!! :beer:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:lol:

Latest posts