Remember the 2007 opener?

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In case any one is inclined to think the "ugly" nature of the Packers win over the Bears Sunday night is a harbinger of bad things to come; recall the 2007 opener at Lambeau vs. the Eagles.

The Packers won that game 16-13 and their offense never crossed the goal line. They tallied just 215 total yards, 46 rushing and a net 169 passing, only 10 first downs.

The defense and special teams stepped up and won that game. Tracy White recovered a fumble in the end zone for their only td and the coverage team forced a late fumble on a punt and Mason Crosby kicked the game winner in the final 2 seconds. Only about 40 seconds before that he had kicked the second of his 3 field goals in his first NFL game to tie it 13-13.

The Great Bratt Faver: 23 of 42 with no td's and 1 interception.

That showing didn't keep the Packers from going on to a 13-3 season. Compare that game to the Bears Sunday night and there's a feeling of deja vu all over again.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deja vu all over again, liked it.
No, seriously, I honestly think this team is better than that, except for the OL... We need that fixed, if we plan to go anywhere in this year. Also, that year Favre was playing like a maniac, by which I mean like a QB, and not a gunslinger. Don't matter how highly I think of Rodgers, and how much confidence I have in him, he's not proven. And Favre had one of the best years in his career, until you know, but that wasn't only his fault. He had fault, however, contraty to what some people believe.

Just so this post doesn't end bitter, we have an amazingly deep team, except for the OL (which can be fixed), and if we play our top week in and week out, we might go deep.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you, but a few very catchable balls were dropped that could have gave the Packers much needed momentum. Both defense's played great and kept the opposing QB's on their heels. Rodgers is a timing/rhythm QB, once he gets clicking he is great. I think that despite the O-line blocking very bad, the running game being a non factor and the recievers dropping many balls that they would catch 80% of the time the Packers did good getting a win. The D played lights out and I am glad that Rodgers finally was able to get the credit for a late comeback win with the D sealing the victory. I am pumped based on what I saw, not worried. If the O-line gets it together, many people are going to take notice of the Packers.

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just another reason why the first game of the season is one of the least important. Team chemistry is at its lowest, and the good teams usually find a way to squeak wins out (see New England, San Diego), but if they dont they are still fine. When RG was on Sunday, he was really on, and that is exactly what we need to balance out our offensive attack and take pressure off Aaron, sans Barbre.

Staff online

Latest posts