cledius hunt
joe johnson
robert ferguson
mark roman
kenny peterson
jamaal reynolds
terry glenn
punter in the 3rd rnd

yikes!! that blind squirrel found a couple nuts (harris, kampman, barnett), but it didnt make up for trashing a team that had potential to be so much better in the favre/ahman green era than it was.

im glad the packers found TT and he cleaned up that mess as quickly as possible and has the packers a sb contender for a long time.

all hail Theodore Thompson!!!!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I think Ted Thompson has done a pretty good job, especially when compared to who we used to have. Plus, whether you agree with it or not, all signs point to his making the right decision regarding Brett Favre. We have the makings of being a good, competitive team for many more years to come. You couldn't really say that with Favre still at the helm.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think over all TT has done a pretty good job.

Getting rid of Favre was the right thing to do

He has assembled one of the greatest D-lines and LB in the game today (IMO)

The only think that continues to upset me is his lack of assembling a top o-line.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Sherman is a good man and a "decent" coach. Can't argue that he was a poor GM.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our O line wasn't really an issue the last two seasons, so I don't think anyone foresaw the problems we're currently having with it. I imagine he'll address that along with our CB situation in the off-season.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahmad carroll
all hail Theodore Thompson!!!!

LOL:

Marquand Manuel
Terrence Murphy
Duke Preston
Matt O'Dwyer
Adrian Klemm
Marviel Underwood
Junius Coston
Abdul Hodge
Cory Rodgers
Tony Moll
Justin Harrell
Brandon Jackson
Aaron Rouse
Brian Brohm
Pat Lee

Can I stop now? :happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL:

Marquand Manuel
Terrence Murphy
Duke Preston
Matt O'Dwyer
Adrian Klemm
Marviel Underwood
Junius Coston
Abdul Hodge
Cory Rodgers
Tony Moll
Justin Harrell
Brandon Jackson
Aaron Rouse
Brian Brohm
Pat Lee

Can I stop now? :happy0005:
Brandon Jackson out of that list.

And only 2 1st rounders (Brohm can be considered one.)

Charles Woodson
Ryan Pickett
Greg Jennings
Jordy Nelson
James Jones
Jermichael Finley
Josh Sitton
Johnny Jolly
A.J. Hawk
Nick Collins
Atary Bigby
Clay Matthews III
Aaron Rodgers
Ryan Grant

Like I said before, Tony Mandarich and Jamal Reynolds...

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol Hauschild, why don't you put Rodgers, Collins and Matthews on that list? How in the world Brandon Jackson would be a bust? He's one of the most useful non-starters on our team. And Pat Lee is just injured, but he looked good last year.

Anyway, I don't think you can judge a GM, be it Sherman or Thompson, by the number of players he drafts who disappear in a few seasons. You draft seven guys, sign undrafted people, how is it possible to get every choice right every season? Plus, a GM isn't the only person in an organization involved in scouting. Clearly, over the course of a career there are better and worse drafting GMs, but you're not going to prove anything by listing 10-15 players who were selected and didn't contribute properly.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Jackson out of that list.

And only 2 1st rounders (Brohm can be considered one.)

Charles Woodson
Ryan Pickett
Greg Jennings
Jordy Nelson
James Jones
Jermichael Finley
Josh Sitton
Johnny Jolly
A.J. Hawk
Nick Collins
Atary Bigby
Clay Matthews III
Aaron Rodgers
Ryan Grant

Like I said before, Tony Mandarich and Jamal Reynolds...

You're missing the point - do I need to childishly list all the great players Wolf and Sherman drafted or picked up now too???

The point is, a man is never as good or as bad as armchair QB's say they are. You people were gathering in the square to lynch TT about 8 weeks ago, now the man love begins in earnest, yet again - just like during the pre-season.

Enjoy a playoff game or two, but sheesh?!?!?:happy0005:

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if TT is selected as the NFL Executive of the Year, will it be meaningless as well since it doesn't fit your model?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if TT is selected as the NFL Executive of the Year, will it be meaningless as well since it doesn't fit your model?

Who cares about that meaningless award - really??? First we have to listen to envious fans complain that Pro Bowls mean nothing, but somehow we are to believe this award is the holy grail of NFL football???

TT is good, but he's not great. If he were great, Green Bay would have at least "gone" to the Super Bowl by now. His problem is that for all the great work he does getting solid players in, he's too pigheaded to spend money on veteran talent and this is going to eventually be his ticket outta town.

A team cannot live by the draft alone and nickel-dime FA talent. It needs to subsidize great drafts with great FA acquisitions at, at least a few of the skill positions - a la Ron Wolf.

10 more years of up and down football could go on in Green Bay and TT could still be in charge, yet you people would defend him like parents who continually go to bat for their loser children.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who else would you put the onus on, Rip Taylor???

He got a career-ending neck injury in training camp. Yes, TT has been clairvoyant this whole time and knew this would happen, but is trying to ruin the Packers organization one pick at a time. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

While you're at it, blame Belichick for getting Wes Welker injured last week.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He got a career-ending neck injury in training camp. Yes, TT has been clairvoyant this whole time and knew this would happen, but is trying to ruin the Packers organization one pick at a time. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

While you're at it, blame Belichick for getting Wes Welker injured last week.

It doesn't matter that Murphy was injured, just that he is another example of a high round pick (2nd) of Thompson's that has not been productive. That's just the way it is and it might not be fair, but nobody is going to mention the fact TMurph had a "freak" injury if Thompson is ever canned.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter that Murphy was injured, just that he is another example of a high round pick (2nd) of Thompson's that has not been productive. That's just the way it is and it might not be fair, but nobody is going to mention the fact TMurph had a "freak" injury if Thompson is ever canned.
C'mon man. Stop with that. You're not fooling anyone. You hate him, Mark Murphy and Mike McCarthy because they traded Favre.

Anything good they do is casted off because they traded Favre...

Nobody here is saying he's perfect. My point is Ron Wolf was a darn good GM and made many mistakes.

But the body of work was very good, and so is Thompson's so far.

Like I said earlier, this year would determinate either if 13-3 or 6-10 was a fluke.

Well, after going 11-5, it's clear which year was the odd one, and in what path we're in...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares about that meaningless award - really??? First we have to listen to envious fans complain that Pro Bowls mean nothing, but somehow we are to believe this award is the holy grail of NFL football???
I get the feeling that you wouldn't think of it as a "meaningless award" if whoever in the Vikes recruited Burnt Fart got it.

TT is good, but he's not great. If he were great, Green Bay would have at least "gone" to the Super Bowl by now.
Ya mean it was Ted who threw the INT to the Giants that led to the losing kickoff in the playoff game?
Hang on.....
I'll check.....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL:

Marquand Manuel
Terrence Murphy
Duke Preston
Matt O'Dwyer
Adrian Klemm
Marviel Underwood