Randy Moss

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought a more interesting stat was one that was mentioned on the FOX halftime show. The packers had 106 yards of total offense after the first half. Meanwhile out in Houstin, Ahmon Green rushed for 102 yards in his first half as a Texan.

Green had 102 yards, but it was 25 receiving and 75 rushing..
Moss had 180 yards receiving
J-Walk had 119 yards and a TD
that one run that Jackson had where the cut back lane was so huge, green would've taken it to the house.
but hey TT saved 14 million dollars in cap space.
and we have no threat on offense. awesome!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think Donald Driver and Greg Jennings would like to have a word with you.

Honestly, how can you be so negative a day after a loss? Oh yeah, you're a ******.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

Honestly, how can you be so negative a day after a loss? Oh yeah, you're a ******.
flammer! and do you mean win, forum spelling champ.

GJ a threat? no , i just do not see GJ as a threat. I just want to see him make some plays, and be ready on game day. since GJ got hurt last year, he aint been the same. end of story.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, i meant win. and saying the wrong word has nothing to do with spelling, it has to do with saying the wrong word.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, i meant win. and saying the wrong word has nothing to do with spelling, it has to do with saying the wrong word.

hey flammer, are you still going to make up excuses for the O line of the Packers?!
Go Brewers.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
I thought a more interesting stat was one that was mentioned on the FOX halftime show. The packers had 106 yards of total offense after the first half. Meanwhile out in Houstin, Ahmon Green rushed for 102 yards in his first half as a Texan.

Green had 102 yards, but it was 25 receiving and 75 rushing..
Moss had 180 yards receiving
J-Walk had 119 yards and a TD
that one run that Jackson had where the cut back lane was so huge, green would've taken it to the house.

If you want to get picky about it Green got 96 total yards 73/23 and Jackson got 75 on 40/35. It's highly speculative to say Green would take anything to the house when he only made about five runs over 20 yards on hundreds of carries.
Let's see where you are later in the year when both Green and Moss hit IR which from their past is highly likely (and a big reason Green's no longer a Packer).
Even injury prone guys play the first game. Usually.

zoogies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pats fan here, I'm glad we got Moss but you Packers have a good bunch as well. Driver, Jennings, and Jones...not too shabby. Jones is looking like the real deal (as is Jennings, we'll see if he keeps it up). Also, there's a lot of talk about Ruvell Martin and his size, isn't there? You have a good bunch of players in Green Bay.

I'm shocked the Patriots cut Caldwell, by the way. I don't know where he is now, but it wouldn't hurt for you guys to maybe pick him up (although you may not need him, carrying 2 million DTs, as it were). I could have understood it a little more if I hadn't seen Jabar Gaffney on the screen yesterday. Gaffney over Caldwell?! Unbelievable.

Anyway...go pack! Congrats on the win. Favre looked SHARP, especially on The Drive.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Attorney for the defendant in closing arguments of a ********* case: "We have proven through school records that Miss Martin can not spell. So when she actually said "No" my client presumed that she just spelled "Yes" wrong."

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want to get picky about it Green got 96 total yards 73/23 and Jackson got 75 on 40/35. It's highly speculative to say Green would take anything to the house when he only made about five runs over 20 yards on hundreds of carries.
like the one he broke for a 70 yard TD!
Let's see where you are later in the year when both Green and Moss hit IR which from their past is highly likely (and a big reason Green's no longer a Packer).

WTF Green injury prone? dude, you are looking silly, green was a packer for 7 years, he was hurt 1 year. the other 6 green had over 1000 yards every year, not to mention how many passes he caught.
the only reason Green is not a packer is b/c of the Packers GM being cheap.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
DH... please let it go... I am happy for Green, for all the years he played here.. he got one more final big payday... and that will set him for life..

We could have franchised him... paid him about the same salary but only for one guaranteed year.. with the Texans he got 20 million guaranteed... We let him test the market and someone paid him a Kings ransom... GOOD FOR GREEN..

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Attorney for the defendant in closing arguments of a ********* case: "We have proven through school records that Miss Martin can not spell. So when she actually said "No" my client presumed that she just spelled "Yes" wrong."

no doubt you know a thing or two about *********. stick to the tappers!

PackerGeek

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah but he also would have put the ball on the ground 3-4 times including immediatly prior to what became the game winning fieldoal. If Green were he we would be 0-1 instead of 1-0

I know I don't have anything to back that up but heck if you can just make stuff up so can I. No one can say what Green would or would not have done. Green is a better running back fine youve beaten that horse to death, But Green is aging and on the downside of his career. Jackson at least has an upside IF he is allowed the time to develop before people write him off.

OP
OP
S

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True about Green being on the downside. I would expect about two great years out of him, which the Texans desperately need (and would be nice for us as well), but the fact is we already had him in his prime. RBs do not have a long shelf-life in this league. I don't know what it is, they used to last longer.. Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith.. they carried the ball on almost every running play, and for long, productive careers.

It must be something about the contact, the way these runners are making it more physical. Green has never been scared of lowering his shoulders and powering into people, and he's not huge. I always loved that about him. But these guys tend to be having more injuries and shorter careers.

Anyway, I'll always love ya AG, but I'm no Texans fan. ;)

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. WTF is a "flammer"?

2. WTF does what a Houston Texan did yesterday have to do with that big fat W the Packers have?

3. How in the Blue Hell did a Randy Moss discussion get on the subject of a member of the Houston Texans?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
tromadz said:

Need Not Reply.

Trom already has made you look like an idiot 10 times, and you yourself have done it 30 times.

Get with the program here. You are the lone idiot on this forum. The new De Pack... That makes you group of one.

Remember, you can not go into group therapy by yourself to get the help you need, you need a group. I only type this because I hope you learn that there is no need to bash peoples posts.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we've had our celebrations, I'm still thrilled with a 1-0 Packers team considering a tough opener against - the Eagles! - hells yeah.

But we all know there is an elephant in the room, a moose on the table, what have you.. it's Randy Moss having a 180+ yards and a touchdown day for the Patriots. Ugh! I cannot stand the Patriots anyway.

So, feel free to discuss, bicker, ignore, whatever your pleasure. I was disappointed when Moss went to the Patriots and not us. But the rumors in NE suggested maybe he was going to be a problem for them. Well, 180yds and a TD is a pretty good problem to have. Who knows if he can behave all season, but what a start.

I was disappointed too. I was even more disappointed when we lost Javon, because I knew that kid was special.

But it's over and done and we can't cry over split milk.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The season is upon us.
We beat a solid team.

Yet ... this **** is being typed up?

Sometimes, I'd rather some not have the freed of speech.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season is upon us.
We beat a solid team.

Yet ... this **** is being typed up?

Sometimes, I'd rather some not have the freed of speech.
I know...........but some just keep beating a dead horse.
Moss didn't want to be here, or he would have come here, period.
Walker too.
And the O line was so bad, i think Barry Sanders would have had a hard time goining positive yards.
Look at what Wynn did with that shovel pass when he had some room to rumble. He made a few guys miss, where he could have been dropped alot sooner. But you HAVE to give the RB's at least SOME room to run.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
And the O line was so bad, i think Barry Sanders would have had a hard time goining positive yards.

I wanted to avoid this thread after my post, but Barry Sanders was mentioned.

Barry did not have a solid OL when he played. Put him behind the line of say the Cowboys and he'd have topped the great Walter Payton.

Barry could have topped 100 yards on the Eagles with our OL. I'd bet a years salary on it. The man made his own lanes, found his own holes and made things happen. He couldn't pass protect worth a lick or receive out of the backfield, but the one thing he did better than any RB ever was make things happen.

If Barry had been given the ball 23-26 times, he'd have hit 100 yards yesterday.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Barry did not have a solid OL when he played. Put him behind the line of say the Cowboys and he'd have topped the great Walter Payton.

Barry could have topped 100 yards on the Eagles with our OL. I'd bet a years salary on it. The man made his own lanes, found his own holes and made things happen. He couldn't pass protect worth a lick or receive out of the backfield, but the one thing he did better than any RB ever was make things happen.

If Barry had been given the ball 23-26 times, he'd have hit 100 yards yesterday.
Well........MAYBE i exagerated a bit. But hey, remember the game where our defense held Barry to negative one yard in a game? So it WAS possible to stop him! (It didn't happen often, but it DID happen!)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
cheesey said:

Well........MAYBE i exagerated a bit. But hey, remember the game where our defense held Barry to negative one yard in a game? So it WAS possible to stop him! (It didn't happen often, but it DID happen!)

The Packers did a helluva job stopping him cold, however he only carried the ball 13 times. If they'd have not been squashed by the Packers defense and gave him the ball atleast 23-26 times he'd have had a positive total. Again though, the Packers were astonishing awesome on their run game defense that day.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

You mean, Greg Ferguson?

He can't even stay on the field. I'm very disappointed in that dude and predict a downward spiral to his career. Thanks Ted, once again, the only playmaker on offense is Donald Driver. Way to go.

You people will see what I mean, and what Favre meant when he said, "But what will happen when the offense needs to score points to come back to win a game"? Then you might understand. You might understand why Favre was pushing for Moss to be here, and some other playmakers and offensive help.

If you want to crown the defense, then go ahead and crown 'em.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

But, I for one, (and a few others here like DH), am not naive enough to think that the Packer defense is going to permanently shut out the rest of the NFL from scoring. It doesn't make me (or any one else) any less of a Packer fan because I don't profess a blind allegiance to Ted Thompson and question some of his moves that are certainly going to be an issue for the Pack this year.

And to attack a poster on an opinion forum because you don't like their opinion, and say things like "I wish there was no freedom of speech" is scary indeed, especially in this day and age, and political climate.
I didn't know that one of the rules on this forum was blind homerism. But I can't be like the monkeys.

I have to call them as I see them.

When the Packers offense needs to make a come back, alot of you are here are going to change your tune on Randy Moss, or at least, free agency in general, and maybe stop drinking the Ted Thompson kool-aid, or at least be able to look at things objectively. Anyway, that's my opinion.

And Warhawk, what does TT coming from Texas have to do with anything? You know what they say about the only things that come from Texas now, don't you?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Raider Pride said:
tromadz said:

Need Not Reply.

Trom already has made you look like an idiot 10 times, and you yourself have done it 30 times.

Get with the program here. You are the lone idiot on this forum. The new De Pack... That makes you group of one.

Remember, you can not go into group therapy by yourself to get the help you need, you need a group. I only type this because I hope you learn that there is no need to bash peoples posts.

WTF is this pile of crap. you know about *********, and group therapy, and how to pound tappers all day, not much else.
the guy you mentioned can correct spelling errors, that's about all his lame 1 line posts are worth.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:

You mean, Greg Ferguson?

He can't even stay on the field. I'm very disappointed in that dude and predict a downward spiral to his career. Thanks Ted, once again, the only playmaker on offense is Donald Driver. Way to go.

You people will see what I mean, and what Favre meant when he said, "But what will happen when the offense needs to score points to come back to win a game"? Then you might understand. You might understand why Favre was pushing for Moss to be here, and some other playmakers and offensive help.

If you want to crown the defense, then go ahead and crown 'em.

But, I for one, (and a few others here like DH), am not naive enough to think that the Packer defense is going to permanently shut out the rest of the NFL from scoring. It doesn't make me (or any one else) any less of a Packer fan because I don't profess a blind allegiance to Ted Thompson and question some of his moves that are certainly going to be an issue for the Pack this year.

And to attack a poster on an opinion forum because you don't like their opinion, and say things like "I wish there was no freedom of speech" is scary indeed, especially in this day and age, and political climate.
I didn't know that one of the rules on this forum was blind homerism. But I can't be like the monkeys.

I have to call them as I see them.

When the Packers offense needs to make a come back, alot of you are here are going to change your tune on Randy Moss, or at least, free agency in general, and maybe stop drinking the Ted Thompson kool-aid, or at least be able to look at things objectively. Anyway, that's my opinion.

And Warhawk, what does TT coming from Texas have to do with anything? You know what they say about the only things that come from Texas now, don't you?

excellent post, i completley agree!! is there not something "*****" ABOUT A 54 YEAR OLD MAN THAT HAS NEVER EVEN HAD A GIRLFRIEND.

Members online

Latest posts