Rams Fan Here ....

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Infinti; You are right that the Rams are really banged up n the O side of the ball. That said I saw them come within a bad play of beating Seattle 2 weeks ago so I know they can still be dangerous. I do not expect Bulger to play. I think the Ram season is over and why risk significant injury in the prusuit of the 2nd pick in the draft. Jackson is running well but I think the he may also share time as they try to preserve some tread on his tires for next year. Witherspoon is having a great year and he is all over the field. That said I agree that GB should win 27-17 and I hope your team gets healthy next year
Pack88

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ramsinfiniti & Pyscho. Welcome to Packer forum. You two by your postings on packerforum. Seem to be real NFL Football fans, as well as Ram fans. This is the biggest compliment that I can gave a fan of one of Packer opponets.

I remember when the Rams were first in Ceveland years ago and in '46 moved to LA and then moved to St Louis in 1995.

My prediction for Packers /Rams game in St Louis- Packers 31 Rams 17 . And the Packers go 12-2.

Packer Head Coach Mike McCarthy isn't going to let his young Packer team take The Rams lightly.

PWT36 born and raised in Green Bay and a Packer fan and NFL fan for over 60 years, now located in DePere, Wi. just 5 miles from Lambeau Field.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
17 points? i really dont see the rams scoring 2 touchdowns against us....we allow an average of 17 points per game, and this is definately below par of the offenses we've seen this year, even with bulger, holt, bruce, and jackson, whatever combination of those 4 is on the field. fact is ryan grant will help the packers control the clock and maintain possession for a minimum of 35 minutes. and as someone said before, favre will break the alltime yardage record in the late 2nd, early 3rd quarter. stephen jackson will break of a 35 yarder somewhere abouts in the game but nick collins' uber-fastness will drag him down (a la the first game vs. the vikes with collins going on the adrian peterson ride for like 15 yards). the raiders were lucky to score 7 against the packers. for 1 drive, they looked like a legitimate football team and jerry porter made a great play on the ball/al harris made no play on the ball. pack win by at least 3 touchdowns. and dont give us your "the opponents passer rating is..." you get to play against alex smith/trent dilfer twice a year, definately drags down those stats. but cheerio, love to see different fans on the site!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's true..........on any given day, one team can beat another. I mean, heck, the Bears beat us! Thats PROOF of that!
If we don't take the Rams lightly, we should have the game solidly in hand by halftime.

Psycho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's another reason i really like the packers: classy fans

and now some more thoughts on the game:
i really like grant - but like i've said - our D has yet to allow an individual rusher to gain 100 yards
he and his backups will probably combine for 180+ yards and the packers will still win, BUT we now actually have a pretty solid D (better than you would think - well, just a little - but still: we have improved :roll: )

there will be no stopping Favre - but i take some hope from the fact that Palmer and the bengals receivers were not particularly effective against our D last week :-?

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Psycho posted:" and the bengals receivers were not particularly effective against our D last week "

Sorry psycho the Green Bay Packers will put a group of rceivers out there into the Ram's secondary this Sunday - 9th year WR Donald Driver, 2nd yr Greg Jennings, rookie James Jones, 6'4'' 2nd yr. Ruvell Martin and 5th year tight end Donald Lee plus RBs 3rd yr Aaron Grant and 3rd yr Vernard Morency cominmg out of the backfield . And just maybe TE "Bubba Franks could be available this week after being injured for a number of weeks again this year..

Brett Favre will throw to any of them at anytime. Double team Donald Driver, he will hit any of the other receivers. Packer receivers have gained the most yards after the catches than any other group of pass receivers in the NFL this year. The top four Packer receivers Driver, Jennings, Jones, and Lee have made big plays after catching short to medium passes for important first downs, & also some for game winning touchdowns .

Especially, 2nd year WR Greg Jennings has been proving himself to be quite as potent weapon by make the big catches for TDs . Last week, Jennings had 80Td catch against the Raiders. Jennings has 11 Td catches this year and a long 82 yards TD reception ..

I have seen this young Packer team develop every week to become first, a good team and now one of the best teams in NFL, since they nipped the Phiadelphia Eagles 16-13 in week one of NFL season in Philly.

The passing attack of the Packers with 38 year old QB Brett Farve (having a great year) and group of Packer receivers present many more problems to the Ram's secondary than what the Bengal's QB Carson Palmer and the Bengal's receivers presented to Rams secondary last week. The 5-8 Bengals are certainly not in the class of the 11-2 (already are the NFC-North Champions) Green Bay Packers.

The Packers have complicated the opponet defensive planning by no longer having a one demensional passing offense as earlier in the season and now has a running attack with Running back Ryan Grant. The Rams defense will have to respect the Packer's ability to run along with a potent Packer passing attack. Because Grant can take it "to the House" at anytime from any distance.

Ram's QB Marc Bulger in first game back after his concussion and his offensive line will have to bring their "A "Game against a pretty good "bend not break" Packer defense which has allowed the opponets only 229 point so far this year and Ram defense will also have to be at their best against a Packer team which has scored 361 points thus far this year against their opponets. The Packer have injury problems of their own, but Packer players have played thru them each week. Impossible task for the Rams to beat the Packers? no!! Anything can happen in NFL. Any week ,any team can knock off any other NFL team.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans who show up when their team is down are true fans.

Those Cowboy fans, despite being polite, had no class.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans who show up when their team is down are true fans.

Those Cowboy fans, despite being polite, had no class.

I agree. I am glad they finally crawled back under their rocks.
(Cowboys fans that is)(At least till next time.)

Psycho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks PWT36 for ruining my last tiny bit of hope i was having for that game :)

yeah - i know the bengals are by no means near the packers, but their passing offense is above average (at least i thought that until i saw the whiners defeat them)

so: DOH - we lost to a team last week that the whiners beat with their 3rd string QB yesterday
and: YEAH !!! - because with a loss to you guys, we would move ahead of the whiners (and thus the patriots) in the draft !!! :-? :roll: :cry:

back to the packers: i know what kind of team you have - i saw the most of the KC game and the whole Detroit game on sopcast
and i'm not that stupid to think the rams could shut you out - i was just thinking that the packers offense won't score a 40-burger on our D (maybe not even 30 ...)

anyway - have a great time - i'll be back after the game

PS: here's a little something you might find interesting too:
http://www.realramsfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=37263

it's a gameday page i do every week at RealRamsFans.com: it's stats, pregame-videos and info on how to catch the game (TV, Radio, Internet)

and here's an interesting fact i found out while creating that post:
The 89 games played against the Packers are the second most against one opponent in Rams history behind the 117 games played against the 49ers.

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all saw how this game went...
decent D from STL in the first half but just no offense worth a mention in the second half

See you next year!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
once again, MM's halftime adjustments kill another team.

Good game.

Maybe next year in the playoffs? Good luck, rams.

Members online