Rams Fan Here ....

RamsInfiniti

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello to all the great Packers fans on this board. My girlfriend and her family are diehard Packers fans and we will be traveling to St. Louis this week to watch the game. Since I follow both the Rams and Packers, I must congratulate you on the great season you are having ...

If Bulger is able to play this weekend, I think we might be able to keep this game close until late, when I expect the Pack to wear us down. If Berlin plays, I would expect GB to emerge with a double-digit victory, as the constant pressure off the ends with Kampman and KGB will be too much for our heavily injured offensive line to handle ...

With that said, if Bulger plays, we are not a complete pushover, as we have been playing decent football since the bye week. We've been decimated by injuries to our line that has seen us play 9 different starting line combinations this year ...

We haven't been able to throw the ball well this year, nor run effectively until late. Our horse, Steven Jackson, has been running with conviction as of late, and if we stand any chance, he will have to have a huge game. He has a run of 37 yards of longer in each of the past four games ...

If Bulger gets time, he will be able to complete passes downfield. Key phrase - If Bulger gets time ....

On defense, we are much improved over a year ago. Don't be fooled by looking at our defensive statistics - they are inflated due to the poor offensive showing which has left our defense on the field for long periods of time. We are quick and aggressive on D. Expect alot of blitzes from Haslett ...

We are stout up front, with some very hard working defensive tackles and ends. We're tough against the run up the gut, but yards can be had off the tackles, and by using change of pace backs on delayed draws ...

Our linebackers are fast but undersized. Will Witherspoon is an elite player and will be all over the field ...

I've seen some comments about how our secondary is suspect. Our second best corner is our for the year, but our secondary is hardly suspect. QB's only manage an 80.2 QB rating against us and complete less than 60% of their passes for 6.98 YPA. Our DB's are quick to the ball and stick to receivers like glue. However, they are susceptible to DPI's. Corey Chavous is aging and has difficulty tackling in the open field. Fakhir Brown, on the corner, is amongst the NFL leaders in passes defensed ...

How to pinpoint a final outcome on this game. The homefield advantage is null, as the dome will be spattered with Packer's fans. If Bulger plays, it should be a decent game. For this analysis, lets assume he does, as the Ram's play tough at home but fall prey to a long Brett Favre to Greg Jennings pass late in the 4th ...

Packers 27, Rams 17

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bah we dont you're humility here! :D

welcome anyhow, should be a good game, hopefully Brett wont fumble the game away on the goalline this time!

OP
OP
R

RamsInfiniti

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahahaha ... well, I'm not going to come here talking trash and telling you I fully expect the Ram's to dominate the Pack, because I don't ...

CAN we win this game? Yes ...

WILL we win this game? Unlikely ...

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont worry man we have Dan ViQueens hanging about here so we're used to it!

Seriously i'd love it if some rival teams fans just came in here and started bagging us. That would be awesome :D

OP
OP
R

RamsInfiniti

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think there is no way we can win this game if Bulger is playing, then your football IQ is seriously lacking ...

I was really expecting intelligent conversation on this board. I certainly hope that I didn't make a mistake by coming here ...

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think there is no way we can win this game if Bulger is playing, then your football IQ is seriously lacking ...

I was really expecting intelligent conversation on this board. I certainly hope that I didn't make a mistake by coming here ...

I may not give you an intelligent football discussion, but at least I will be reasonable. And I take no team for granted, Any team in the league can beat us on any given Sunday in the NFL. I worry about losing every week regardless of who we play.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People say silly things, but it isn't indicative of the boards overall.

I agree with you RamsInfiniti, the Rams can win. It's stupid to think otherwise in the NFL. Any team, any week.

The thing is, where usually the Packers go into a game they "should" win and have a less than impressive performance, this year they have stepped it up. That said, if the Pack have 4+ turnovers like they did to Chicago, this could easily go in St. Louis' hands. The Rams have elite talent at certain positions. If we can disrupt them via the line of scrimmage, though, I give the Packers the significant edge.

Thanks for the thoughtful responses.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bulger plays I always thought of this game as a trap game but if he's banged up he's going to have to get rid of the ball fast because GB is starting to bring blitzes now and that's a pretty scary thing with their front 4.

OP
OP
R

RamsInfiniti

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our offensive line does not hold up well against blitzes period. We have had enough problems holding up against large front fours like the Packer's have ...

Green Bay should win this game and I fully expect them to come out blazing considering what is still potentially at stake for you.

However, we still have alot of playmakers on this team. If Bulger plays, and gets time to stand in the pocket, he could make it a long, long, long day for your secondary ....

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually expected the Rams to be a near, if not playoff team this year. I definitely think this could be a trap game.

With that said, our team is an incredibly close group and I don't see us losing. Don't rag on Infiniti though, he's just coming to give his view point.

OP
OP
R

RamsInfiniti

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why anyone would rag on my in the first place. I predicted a 27-17 Packers victory!

Psycho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hi packer-fans !!!

i'm back again! anyone remember me (well, i guess not)

anyhow - i'm a die-hard rams fan (from austria) and i've been crying myself to sleep every day for the last couple of months: tough season for us (heck - even our Owner is on I/R (in hospital) )

but the Packers have always been one of my "fallback" teams to watch if the rams suck again

so i'm happy for you guys for the season you have and i'll continue rooting for your team this season
i just love those Favre-bombs to Jennings and that Grant-fellow is really looking good - your defense is pretty good too - just a great team to watch

this week should be a good game (if you're not a rams fan)
our offense should do nothing against your D
and our D can not slow you down forever (but don't be fooled - our D is not as bad as you may think)

and Favre will own the all time passing yardage record sometime in the 2nd quater - so it's gonna be a historic game too

ah - well - let's hope for an injury free game - and maybe the rams can score a TD or 2 - you never know :oops:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, infiniti. Don't sweat the ragging, it always seems to get a little chippy around here when we hit the mid-week lull. :D

Thanks for the insight on your team, I can't say I've been able bring myself to watch much of the Rams games this season, especially since I traded away Jackson in week 4! That's not a slight, you guys have been horribly banged up all season, kinda like our '05 season. I think keepin Linnehan around was a good move, btw. Gotta give him at least one gimme year. :)

I was wondering, how do you think Holt matches up against Harris or Woodson? I've honestly never really seen the guy too much, and I'd like to know how his strengths match up with our CB's.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams have 3 O-linesmen out with injury for this game, does anyone believe their backup line will stop two of the league's leading sackers, Kampman and KGB?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RamsInfiniti said:

I may not give you an intelligent football discussion, but at least I will be reasonable. And I take no team for granted, Any team in the league can beat us on any given Sunday in the NFL. I worry about losing every week regardless of who we play.

Football doesnt really need that much intellegence for picking games. Hell...if they were playing this week..The Dolphins could beat the Patriots. Yeah, it would be a big upset..but it is definitily possibile. Were all talking about NFL players here and NFL teams.

Psycho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams have 3 O-linesmen out with injury for this game, does anyone believe their backup line will stop two of the league's leading sackers, Kampman and KGB?

actually - we play the backups of our backups of our backups

and while our line may surrender a couple of sacks, i don't think it will be as bad (or as good - from your point of view) as you think since we've been relatively stable (injury-wise = no new injuries) in the last couple of weeks

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and while our line may surrender a couple of sacks, i don't think it will be as bad (or as good - from your point of view) as you think

Oh really?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

McCown thought that it wouldn't be as bad. He was wrong.

Good luck, Sunday. Not too much luck though.

Psycho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick evaluation:
offensively, it all depends on who plays QB for us - if it's Berlin i guarantee a loss - if it's Bulger, we might keep it close
SJ had a couple of big runs lately, but other than that, his YPC is average at best (due to bad o-line play)
your defense is pretty good, but SJ might still break a big run
you got good corners too, but i still believe that given good QB-play (which starts with the o-line) Holt, Bruce and Bennett can still humiliate every secondary in the NFL
that brings me to the o-line - oh boy ..... :oops:

i expect 1 TD and maybe 2 FGs from our offense (if bulger plays)

defensively, it will be hard to stop Favre:
1) pressure - Little is on IR, Hall may or may not be back - so don't expect a lot of pressure from the ends
2) secondary - 1 starter (Hill) is on IR - Brown is pretty good (watch out !!) and Bartell is solid
3) blitzes - some of them might get through - but Favre will probably have thrown it to Jennings for 80 by the time our guy gets to him

Grant: belive it or not - the Rams have actually not allowed an individual rusher to gain 100 yards !!!! (so if you run it - your backup may see a couple of good carries)
our DTs are looking better with a rotation of Carriker (our 1st rounder who's really coming along), Glover, Wroten and Cliff Ryan (a draft steal)
LBs: SLB Chillar is pretty servicable - WLB Draft is filling in very well for Tinoisamoa (IR) and Witherspoon is a beast (should be in the pro-bowl - the problem: he plays for the rams)

coaching: expect all of our points to be scored before half-time because we can't score in the 2nd half (i belive it's coaching / others belive it's a curse) - so if you lead (let's say 17-16) by half-time, you might as well take a knee the rest of the game cuz we won't score

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tough season for us (heck - even our Owner is on I/R (in hospital) )

While I would never laugh at the injury of anyone, I thought this comment was really funny.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello to all the great Packers fans on this board. My girlfriend and her family are diehard Packers fans and we will be traveling to St. Louis this week to watch the game. Since I follow both the Rams and Packers, I must congratulate you on the great season you are having ...

If Bulger is able to play this weekend, I think we might be able to keep this game close until late, when I expect the Pack to wear us down. If Berlin plays, I would expect GB to emerge with a double-digit victory, as the constant pressure off the ends with Kampman and KGB will be too much for our heavily injured offensive line to handle ...

With that said, if Bulger plays, we are not a complete pushover, as we have been playing decent football since the bye week. We've been decimated by injuries to our line that has seen us play 9 different starting line combinations this year ...

We haven't been able to throw the ball well this year, nor run effectively until late. Our horse, Steven Jackson, has been running with conviction as of late, and if we stand any chance, he will have to have a huge game. He has a run of 37 yards of longer in each of the past four games ...

If Bulger gets time, he will be able to complete passes downfield. Key phrase - If Bulger gets time ....

On defense, we are much improved over a year ago. Don't be fooled by looking at our defensive statistics - they are inflated due to the poor offensive showing which has left our defense on the field for long periods of time. We are quick and aggressive on D. Expect alot of blitzes from Haslett ...

We are stout up front, with some very hard working defensive tackles and ends. We're tough against the run up the gut, but yards can be had off the tackles, and by using change of pace backs on delayed draws ...

Our linebackers are fast but undersized. Will Witherspoon is an elite player and will be all over the field ...

I've seen some comments about how our secondary is suspect. Our second best corner is our for the year, but our secondary is hardly suspect. QB's only manage an 80.2 QB rating against us and complete less than 60% of their passes for 6.98 YPA. Our DB's are quick to the ball and stick to receivers like glue. However, they are susceptible to DPI's. Corey Chavous is aging and has difficulty tackling in the open field. Fakhir Brown, on the corner, is amongst the NFL leaders in passes defensed ...

How to pinpoint a final outcome on this game. The homefield advantage is null, as the dome will be spattered with Packer's fans. If Bulger plays, it should be a decent game. For this analysis, lets assume he does, as the Ram's play tough at home but fall prey to a long Brett Favre to Greg Jennings pass late in the 4th ...

Packers 27, Rams 17

Welcome man! I believe this is our toughest game left on the schedule, to be honest with you. The Rams had a miserable start to their season and it just kind of ruined their playoff chances. Jackson is possibly my favorite running back in the NFL (Milwaukee, baby!!). He's an absolute monster and I see him as a legitimate test for our D-line and linebackers. More so than, say, Fargas, who has had a surprisingly good year (vs. the Rams' surprisingly bad).
I don't know what to expect out of Bulger. Something just isn't right there... it kind of reminds me of Warner's first bad year. You just don't know if they're able to recover to their previous form.
Our O is hard to stop right now unless you have a very good D with the right schemes planned, doubly so if Favre is recovered.
Like I said, I'm more nervous about this game than any others we have left. Here's to a fun healthy game.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers 27, Rams 17

Rams fan,

ANYBODY can beat anybody else at any given time.
There is an old saying race doesn't always go to the swiftest nor the strongest but, that is the way to bet.

I see this game as a tricky win for the Pack. I see 34-16 Packers who will be using this game as the pivot point to launch their bid for the Superbowl.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Infiniti, brave thing to do to go on a rival board, especially during a rough year. I applaud you for that.

I don't think you guys have much of a chance but as you've said if Bulger has time in the pocket to throw deep to Holt then it could get interesting. We certainly can't take you guys lightly. So good luck to you guys.

Btw, are you from the St. Louis area at all?