Raji and Jackson likely won't play Sun.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a big set back for Raji, as rookie he needs all the snaps he can get to be a major player at the end of the season. At the same time I hope we don't rush him back, with his hold out and missed practices I question his conditioning and if he comes back too soon he could hurt something else. No luck with first round picks on the defensive line.

I really haven't followed Jackson's injury, but he has been hurt since the Cardinal game, must be serious. I wasn't paying too close attention to it because I liked Wynn and Sutton and thought we would keep 4 RBs, never thought that we would keep 3 Full backs when most teams keep one. TT has his haters out there and I have always liked what TT has done making this team giving him praise, but that move he may live to regret.

I almost forgot Lumpkin is still on the practice squad, so maybe one of the Fullbacks is trade bait and TT new that either Sutton or Lumpkin would be left as an option, who knows.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame Raji might not play. But I'd rather see him healthy than push him in before he's ready. Jolly might see some snaps at NT this week. But I think that one of the fullbacks is still trade bait, might try to find some D-line depth.

Otherwise, maybe Havner goes on the chopping block so they can bring Toribio from the practice squad. Think we need another true NT if Raji has lingering issues.

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its not all that bad, as we wouldnt want to push raji, and also the line is definitely competetive without him in there. if grant goes down, whos the plan? lumpkin im assuming?

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its not all that bad, as we wouldnt want to push raji, and also the line is definitely competetive without him in there. if grant goes down, whos the plan? lumpkin im assuming?

Wynn is the #3 right now. Lumpkin is on the practice squad. someone would have to be released to sign him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Tom Pelissero, GPPG, Raji practiced today and said himself he'll play sunday. Of course, he also said a while back that he was his own boss, not his agent, and that he wouldn't hold out, but that's another issue that I shouldn't have brought in...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoepfully he can play as that could be a recurring issue all season and he needs to be in there in order to get a decent rotation going for NT.

Wynn could be a good RB in this offense with time.

OP
OP
D

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji is saying all the right things. The practice today was a closed practice and he has not done much conditioning since the Cardinal game which maybe the reason he got hurt in the first place. He might suit up for the game, but I can't see MM playing him much and you know how coaches like to play games with these medical conditions before game time. He is a big man and going full speed with bad conditioning spells trouble.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji is saying all the right things. The practice today was a closed practice and he has not done much conditioning since the Cardinal game which maybe the reason he got hurt in the first place. He might suit up for the game, but I can't see MM playing him much and you know how coaches like to play games with these medical conditions before game time. He is a big man and going full speed with bad conditioning spells trouble.
Agree with that. But he wasn't going to start in the first place, as Jolly played lights out in preseason. Instead of taking 15-20 snaps, he'll take 10. And Wynn (Jarius) played well enough in the preseason that he can also be a solid contributor. I don't think this will be a diciding factor in Sunday's game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Insiders Blog | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press-Gazette

B.J. Raji insists his injured ankle will be ready to play Sunday night against the Chicago Bears.

The first-round draft pick returned to practice Thursday in limited duty, his first on-field work since sustaining a sprained ankle in the preseason finale at Tennessee on Sept. 3. Coach Mike McMcCarthy was less sure about Raji’s status for Sunday and was adamant he’ll keep the long haul of a 16-game schedule in mind when deciding whether the defensive lineman will play against Chicago.

But after practice Thursday, Raji was intent on playing and considere it unlikely McCarthy would force him to sit out if he told the coach he could go.

“It was my idea to practice today,” Raji said. “If I didn’t say I could practice I wouldn’t be practicing.”

-- Pete Dougherty, [email protected]

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohh crap ,, here we go wit the injurys again ...:frustrated:

This happens all the time to fat/heavy players. Too much weight on various parts of the body spells injury sooner rather than later. Plus, most DT's often play dinged-up in some regard.

I wouldn't be too concerned. If we get to mid-season and he's still on and off the field, then there's pause for concern, yet I doubt the coaching staff considered him a day-1 starter to begin with.

I'd be more concerned about Jenkins and Jolly staying major-injury-free - as these are the horses we count on for 2009.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts