Quinton Dial visit?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Our D-Line and safety groups are low key really good. If the corners show up and Clay+Perry stay healthy, our defense overall could be a good unit.

I would only add to that .........IF Clay stays healthy AND....plays close to his contract value.....this defense got a whole lot better.

Shore up the OL with one more guy TT and its time to........Run The Table!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Brooks, Dial.......raise your hand if you would have a coronary if TT signed ex 49er Kaepernick and traded Hundley away for a decent OL prospect. I'm not a big Krap er nick fan, but .....hmmmmmmm

D

Deleted member 6794

Another good move by Thompson improving the depth on the defensive line.

FYI the Packers have released Christian Ringo to make room for Dial on the 53.

Reaction score
They could IR Adams and still get him back later in the year now that he opened up on the 53 man roster. That might be the idea. It's unlikely that a rookie with so little practice time could contribute much early in the season.
That's definitely an idea but all the talk with him after he got hurt and now he is limited in practice I'm not 100% sure but wouldn't he have to on there until week 8 before he can be brought back? That's a long time not that it matters but haven't made my mind up what I think is best. Another idea is they just let Pipkins the #7 corner go and keep all of them.. we will see soon now!!!!
I'm absolutely convinced that Jean Francois will be on the roster all season as long as he stays healthy.
I agree I was just throwing out any ideas I'm not sure how high they are on ringo and obviously they will hold adams highly if they love ringo and think he can get better then I wouldn't be surprised to see RJF be the odd man out. Now in my eyes I don't see ringo becoming something other than a rotational guy and the money side of probably losing more letting RJF go. That's also saying that they don't want to add to that room and just drop from another position which thinking about it makes the most sense

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dial, has 26 starts in the last two seasons and has had at least 20 solo tackles and 2 sacks in those seasons. This is a HUGE upgrade for us over Ringo who I think doesn't even have have 10 tackles in his career. Honestly unless Lowry is something special I expect him to take the starting job by the Bye Week.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well TT is doing the obvious. The defense has been the Achilles heel for years..its about time he's spending money, and not depending on his draft picks. All we can hope is that the secondary has their act together. The first month of our schedule is brutal. They had to sure up this defense.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well TT is doing the obvious. The defense has been the Achilles heel for years..its about time he's spending money, and not depending on his draft picks. All we can hope is that the secondary has their act together. The first month of our schedule is brutal. They had to sure up this defense.

While I definitely like the signings of Brooks and Dial it will most likely take both of them some time to get up to speed with the Packers scheme though.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This is a solid enough move, but it saddens me to have to announce that I'll be leaving the Packers' fan base after they cut my nephew, Christian Rango. It was great knowing you all.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Whelp... Adams ain't on IR and RJF is still on the team. Hopefully Ringo makes it to the P.S..

What's interesting to me about this is that Mays and Pipkins both stuck over Ringo. They must like the potential of those guys. Furthermore, they must believe that Adams can give them some decent snaps before too long.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a solid enough move, but it saddens me to have to announce that I'll be leaving the Packers' fan base after they cut my nephew, Christian Rango. It was great knowing you all.
Did you also play in the NFL for 10 years?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My cousin Quinton is your typical Bama defensive lineman. He can play from the 1 to the 5 and will hold his own against the run, though don't count on any pass rush productivity.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
See ya Dante. For some of us it's in the blood.

After this signing and everything Thompson has done I give him an "A" for what it's worth when you look at the draft and Free Agency this off season. This is easily the most talented roster MM has had. I'm feeling real good about things.

GPG!

Members online