Quinton Dial visit?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I haven't heard or seen a thing. The more I read, the more I like. I know some people are butt hurt over Price being let go, but IMO Dial would be a big upgrade over Price and a welcomed addition for more veteran depth! Let's hope him and Brooks were friends and Brooks is there to greet him in GB.

Dial started 26 of the 29 games in which he appeared for the 49ers over the past two seasons. While appearing in 46 games with the 49ers, Dial recorded 78 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

But he was not considered a good fit for Robert Saleh’s new 4-3 system. He is best-suited as a 3-4, two-gap system. The Packers play a 3-4 system under defensive coordinator Dom Capers.

H

HardRightEdge

I haven't heard or seen a thing. The more I read, the more I like. I know some people are butt hurt over Price being let go, but IMO Dial would be a big upgrade over Price and a welcomed addition for more veteran depth! Let's hope him and Brooks were friends and Brooks is there to greet him in GB.

Dial started 26 of the 29 games in which he appeared for the 49ers over the past two seasons. While appearing in 46 games with the 49ers, Dial recorded 78 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

But he was not considered a good fit for Robert Saleh’s new 4-3 system. He is best-suited as a 3-4, two-gap system. The Packers play a 3-4 system under defensive coordinator Dom Capers.
Capers is not playing much 2-gap anymore, so there's that.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another 49er? Anyone a little concerned some Packer front office guy watched a 49er game last year and thought, 'we need to get us some of that!'

Last edited:
P

proudsoftballdad

Another 49er? Anyone a little concerned some Packer front office guy watched a 49er game last year and thought, 'we need to get us some of that!'
I think it more of a system change within the 49ers , with them switching from a 3 /4 to a 4/3 that making some players avb that fit in GB .

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I get what your saying but just because the whole of the team was bad that doesn't mean every player was.

It'd be like if people said Daniels, Perry, Ha Ha and Burnett where all trash players because they played on a trash defense last season

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dial flew in to Green Bay yesterday afternoon, is still in town and scheduled to meet with the coaches today.
No guarantees of course... but that sounds encouraging (provided that we agree that he could help improve the team. I will admit to knowing very little about him).

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

All the turnover there with a new regime looking to the future means that some useful players are being let go in favor of youth. That's my read on it. Brooks and Dial are by no means game-changers, but they were still decent last year.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any word on this meeting? I'd really like to see him in on our rotation.

Given that the Pack included Montrvious Adams on the 53, I'd say that adding another D-lineman at this point is unlikely. If one goes down with an injury then possibly.

Reaction score
Dials contract extension from a couple years back. I would think the goal is to get something close? I wonder who would be the odd man out maybe ringo? I don't see them doing anything with adams besides letting him get ready after him practicing partially yesterday. RJF seems safe but could he take his spot? Will be interesting

Attachments

• IMG_7486.PNG
    IMG_7486.PNG
    124.3 KB · Views: 177

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Dials contract extension from a couple years back. I would think the goal is to get something close? I wonder who would be the odd man out maybe ringo? I don't see them doing anything with adams besides letting him get ready after him practicing partially yesterday. RJF seems safe but could he take his spot? Will be interesting

They could IR Adams and still get him back later in the year now that he opened up on the 53 man roster. That might be the idea. It's unlikely that a rookie with so little practice time could contribute much early in the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm absolutely convinced that Jean Francois will be on the roster all season as long as he stays healthy.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our D-Line and safety groups are low key really good. If the corners show up and Clay+Perry stay healthy, our defense overall could be a good unit.

Members online

Latest posts