Quinton Dial visit?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are all gone until next year ;) Come on man......that is just going to fire up the "sign Revis group....individual" again. :coffee:
don't worry we can soon distract him with posts about AD's incredible running skills in New Orleans.

D

Deleted member 6794

They run sub package 80 percent or so of the time. They want the flexibility in the back end.

While that's definitely true it's still surprising the Packers have kept Pipkins on the 53 over some of the players cut within the last few days.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
While that's definitely true it's still surprising the Packers have kept Pipkins on the 53 over some of the players cut within the last few days.

Foe me too but I think they see a lot of value with Pipkins in the special teams games.

H

HardRightEdge

That's definitely a great deal for the Packers. Terrific move by Thompson.
$775,000? That's the rock bottom minimum for a 4 year vet, so the risk is minimal.

Let's hope he works out better then Muir and Hargrove. I would expect so.

D

Deleted member 6794

$775,000? That's the rock bottom minimum for a 4 year vet, so the risk is minimal.

I definitely expect Dial to be on the roster on Sunday, meaning he would have already achieved more than Muir and Hargrove ever did with the Packers.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pure upside play I feel. I got to watch Pip in person last year in Stillwater. He borders on cocky but does seem to have a certain "it" factor. I think with some coaching he could end up being a pretty solid CB. I can think of a couple different guys I would've preferred to keep but my opinion and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sherman never "had" the roster, he just used it.
Come on man! lol

You had a brain fart.....nothing wrong with that. But it is stretching it to say that TT inherited Wolf's team. The Roster from the time Wolf was done and TT started, changed quite a bit. I am sure someone will come up with the list of players that TT inherited from Wolf (Favre, Taush, Clifton, Franks, Driver and KBG?)

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on man! lol

You had a brain fart.....nothing wrong with that. But it is stretching it to say that TT inherited Wolf's team. The Roster from the time Wolf was done and TT started, changed quite a bit. I am sure someone will come up with the list of players that TT inherited from Wolf (Favre, Taush, Clifton, Franks, Driver and KBG?)
The reality is that the reason that Thompson was hired in he first place is that Sherman had spent 4 years destroying the roster to the point that the team could no longer win even with Favre and the few other remaining Wolf picks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The reality is that the reason that Thompson was hired in he first place is that Sherman had spent 4 years destroying the roster to the point that the team could no longer win even with Favre and the few other remaining Wolf picks.

Wtf is that even supposed to mean?

Sherman was GM for 4 year's and left both the cap situation and roster in shambles.

Take your L and move on

Spot on....In the OP's defense.....I am fine with him just saying......."Sherman's time as GM was forgettable" :coffee:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spot on....In the OP's defense.....I am fine with him just saying......."Sherman's time as GM was forgettable" :coffee:
Agreed, however, I think maybe we should remember occasionally... When we criticize Thompson. Sherman proved that just having a future HOF QB is not all it takes to make the playoffs every year. I am very glad to see Thompson becoming more active in free agency this year, but I think those that want to label him "lucky" just because he got Rodgers are also missing the mark.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agreed, however, I think maybe we should remember occasionally... When we criticize Thompson. Sherman proved that just having a future HOF QB is not all it takes to make the playoffs every year. I am very glad to see Thompson becoming more active in free agency this year, but I think those that want to label him "lucky" just beacause he got Rodgers are also missing the mark.

Not to rehash the whole TT thing in a QD Thread, but yes, TT deserves a lot of credit for what he has done in his time, including fixing what Sherman left and most importantly, drafting AR. I think some, including myself, just hope for a little bit more and that is mainly due to #12. I fully acknowledge that the "little bit more" isn't always easy to achieve, nor is it all on TT for not achieving it. Some day most of us will look back and realize just how good it has been to be a Packer fan during the "Thompson Days", especially if and probably when......we slip back into the "Sherman days" or even worse......the time period between the "Lombardi and Wolf days".

Reaction score
Come on man! lol

oh yeah, super bad. I'm so used to thinking in terms of just Wolf vs TT that I legit forgot sherman ever existed. I was happier that way :(

Anyway, I really liked Wolf. I think he was one of the best GMs there ever was. I also really like TT, as it happens, but RW did as much to save the franchise as any other man in the team's history one could argue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wtf is that even supposed to mean?

Sherman was GM for 4 year's and left both the cap situation and roster in shambles.

Take your L and move on
I've got no problem whatsoever owning a mistake. Yeah, I had a brain fart, no big deal. Pretty obvious. Hell, I tell on myself to my wife all the time :/ That was meant as a joke about how the roster got trashed under Sherman, though. I can see how it comes across as me trying to legitimize a mistake, but it wasn't intended that way. Not trying to do any of the fancy internet "I wasn't wrong, you just didn't know what I meant" dancing, was just making a joke to move on in the "oh, yeah, I TOTALLY meant to sit down on the floor on my face, that wasn't a slip lol" tongue in cheek like.

H

HardRightEdge

I definitely expect Dial to be on the roster on Sunday, meaning he would have already achieved more than Muir and Hargrove ever did with the Packers.
Those other guys went from March to August before the Turk came calling. We'll see if he's the "real dial".

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

I'll be satisfied is Dial is just an average player. Got to admit I'm very surprised with all the late moves by Thompson after the big cutdown. Definitely didn't see that coming. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Would like to seeRingo do well in Cincinatti.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What is the practice status of Adams and Beigle? Vince is/was close right? But now is on IR, but Adams is on the 53.
Biegel is on the PUP. So he must sit out the first six weeks of the regular season. At that point, the Packers have a five-week window in which to allow Biegel to begin practicing; from the day the he begins practicing, The PAckers have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate him to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, he must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season

He can still attend meetings, use the training and medical facilities, but can't take part in practices.

Latest posts