1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

[QUICK THOUGHT] Spitz Injury

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I wonder if this injury to Spitz was a blessing in disguise? From things I've read and heard from the locker room footage it sounds like Colledge has made some big strides forward.

I wonder if even if the medical staff clears Spitz to play if they keep him out to see what Colledge has to offer.

2. Toronto_Cheesehead

Toronto_Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't around most of the summer so I could be wrong, but didn't Colledge play to high to be effective inside?

3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah it sounds like as if Colledge is really pushing Moll as well. Seems like sooner or later Colledge and Spitz will be the starting guards. He may even start this Sunday if Spitz isn't 100%. I read that if Spitz can't practice Friday, he won't start.

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

See I heard this from McCarthy on Packers.com too.

How many times do we hear "whether he plays or not is gonna be a gametime decision" ???

That comment is what basically triggered my thought that maybe Colledge is coming into his own and they want to see how he does against some live bullets.

I just don't see why giving the guy an ultimatium unless maybe they think Spitz is babying the injury and trying to get him back on the field??