Question

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
What do ya think would happen if a team publically announced they would not draft or sign any player with the agent Drew Rosenhaus?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tarnish the image of his clients.

Not that I like the guy any, and I am in no way defending him, but it is still his client's choice on holding out etc. There are at least two people involved in this little game.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I agree, it takes two, but what other agent is known for having so many hold out clients? That says a lot about the agent's methods right there.

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10-high profile-clients of his are holding out. What they have to realize is he's not looking out for them, he's looking forward to his cut.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The amount of his clients holding out does speak for his methods, yes. But it also speaks for the players as well. They need one little slimey hack that couldn't play the game to make them feel important, that's sad. Javon said his hold out was something he had to do as a "man". No it's something he's doing because 500 and 600K a year isn't enough. Boo hoo... You made the contract, why don't you follow through.

Like I said before, how often did Favre hold out? He's worth more than all of them and is one of the first willing to take a cut so they can make the team better. Meanwhile players that have had one great year think they are a premier player in the NFL and hold out the next season. That's crap. I would like to know what Favre and the other TEAM players think about guys holding out.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brett is a special player and person though. Trying to use him as a cornerstone for an argument is not fair to anyone on the other end

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well as he is that great (totally agree with you on that slick), seems that anyone that thinks they are just as good should follow in his footsteps and put the team before themselves. Too noble an idea for the amounts of money being tossed around though I suppose.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
With that perspective, i do agree with ya. instead of trying to get treated like he does, earn that treatment.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway my rant is pushing off topic. I'll let people get 'er going back on topic now :) (Someone should report me to... me)

dan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
What do ya think would happen if a team publically announced they would not draft or sign any player with the agent Drew Rosenhaus?

This is not a smart move; lots of other teams would still be willing to negotiate with Rosenhaus.

Cutting off one's nose to spite your face is never a good idea.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
dan7 said:
SlickVision said:

This is not a smart move; lots of other teams would still be willing to negotiate with Rosenhaus.

Cutting off one's nose to spite your face is never a good idea.

I think it would start a domino effect and it would also limit your hold outs per year.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you'd have to start smaller, like maybe getting 4 teams in a division to agree to that...it seems that would also be more likely to happen since divisional teams' decisions affect each other more pertitnently.

it could happen...probably wouldn't though. :(

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd be public about it, but I would definetely do it. I think people would pick up on it really quick.

Members online

Latest posts