1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Question to Packer Fans: If Aaron Rodgers...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 43Hitman, Jan 30, 2011.

1. 43Hitman

43Hitman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    ....has a bad game, like fumbles and or int's, can the Pack still win? If so, how?

2. OrangeCounty Packer Fan

OrangeCounty Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes they can because they have a phenomenal defense that can turn the ball over and score itself.

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I'd say yes. Our defense has carried the team on a number of occasions this year. Aaron's not the only playmaker on the team.

4. y5nthon5a

y5nthon5a Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Look no further than to last week: Aaron Rodgers threw 2 INT's, and only had one TD(rushing).

The Packers still won because of defense.

But, Mike McCarthy said that Aaron rodgers will play well in the Super Bowl; They must've found something they liked in film study for him to say that.

5. 43Hitman

43Hitman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    So what about running the ball? Don't you think that's important?

6. packerswin96

packerswin96 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Uh, the D of course which is every bit as good as the Steelers, just different. The Steelers D shuts most teams right down, whereas the Packers D will make more bigger plays like a pick 6 or fumble at the right time. It does not matter tho because I anticipate Rodgers having an outstanding game and beating the Steelers quite easily.

7. 43Hitman

43Hitman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Good point. I think some of that may be the product of a 3rd string QB, but a fair point nonetheless.

8. OrangeCounty Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +6
    They will run the ball enough to keep Pitt's Defense honest unless they keep getting big gains then obviously the game plan will change

9. BoilerUp

BoilerUp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9

I don't get why everyone says they only did well because of a 3rd string QB? That 3rd string QB played a hell of a lot better than Cutler. Plus I highly doubt the defense game planned for even 30 seconds on Hanie.

10. OrangeCounty Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +6
    Packers were up 14-0 with Culter in

11. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Mike McCarthy's philosophy on running the ball is to look at attempts vs YPC. Starks helps, but GB uses the run to keep the D honest, play-action, and also to keep a back in for pass blocking/blitz pickup. I don't expect GB to do well running the Ball against PITT. I believe PITT has only given up 88 yards rushing in 2 games. That's impressive.

12. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    I'm going to say no. He needs to have a good game. Ben is no Cutler/Hanie. He won't miss like they did. We lose the turnover battle, we lose the game. JMO

Like LeRoy Butler said this week, EVERY play is magnified. EVERY dropped pass counts, EVERY turnover counts, EVERY missed tackle counts. We can't miss. We need EVERY play.

Rodgers needs to shape his legacy in this game. We need our best player to perform. We need #12 to show up.

13. bubbahotep

bubbahotep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +54
    One thing about Big Ben is that he does have a habit of fumbling the ball. It may take more than one guy to take him down, but he does get pretty sloppy holding it. So, Rodgers can play mediocre if Green Bay pressures Rothlisberger like they should, that will be the big equalizer.

14. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    Defense!!!!!

15. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    The Defense is good enough to keep the team afloat and very consistent all season long...I really don't think Aaron needs to play that well, just better the Mark Sanchez and I can see them beating Pittsburgh

16. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    One int bounced off Drivers feet

But He has issues vs the Bears scheme...Now if Pitts runs the same scheme, he will have same issues

17. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Curious question, did you only pay attention to the Steelers all year long?

The Packers nearly beat the team labeled as unbeatable after they destroyed the Bears at home in a snow storm. They did it with a back up QB in who had never started a game in thier house.

They beat the Jets at New York when the Jets were coming of a bye week by defense.

Rodgers wasnt the same after that cheap shot in the NFC Title game by Peppers. But the team won by being complete.

Harrison will be playing to his strength in this game (leading with the helmet) and it could end up on the Packers Defense again.