Question to Packer Fans: If Aaron Rodgers...

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
....has a bad game, like fumbles and or int's, can the Pack still win? If so, how?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say yes. Our defense has carried the team on a number of occasions this year. Aaron's not the only playmaker on the team.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look no further than to last week: Aaron Rodgers threw 2 INT's, and only had one TD(rushing).

The Packers still won because of defense.

But, Mike McCarthy said that Aaron rodgers will play well in the Super Bowl; They must've found something they liked in film study for him to say that.

OP
OP
43Hitman

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what about running the ball? Don't you think that's important?

packerswin96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh, the D of course which is every bit as good as the Steelers, just different. The Steelers D shuts most teams right down, whereas the Packers D will make more bigger plays like a pick 6 or fumble at the right time. It does not matter tho because I anticipate Rodgers having an outstanding game and beating the Steelers quite easily.

OP
OP
43Hitman

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look no further than to last week: Aaron Rodgers threw 2 INT's, and only had one TD(rushing).

But, Mike McCarthy said that Aaron rodgers will play well in the Super Bowl; They must've found something they liked in film study for him to say that.

Good point. I think some of that may be the product of a 3rd string QB, but a fair point nonetheless.

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point. I think some of that may be the product of a 3rd string QB, but a fair point nonetheless.

I don't get why everyone says they only did well because of a 3rd string QB? That 3rd string QB played a hell of a lot better than Cutler. Plus I highly doubt the defense game planned for even 30 seconds on Hanie.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy's philosophy on running the ball is to look at attempts vs YPC. Starks helps, but GB uses the run to keep the D honest, play-action, and also to keep a back in for pass blocking/blitz pickup. I don't expect GB to do well running the Ball against PITT. I believe PITT has only given up 88 yards rushing in 2 games. That's impressive.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to say no. He needs to have a good game. Ben is no Cutler/Hanie. He won't miss like they did. We lose the turnover battle, we lose the game. JMO

Like LeRoy Butler said this week, EVERY play is magnified. EVERY dropped pass counts, EVERY turnover counts, EVERY missed tackle counts. We can't miss. We need EVERY play.

Rodgers needs to shape his legacy in this game. We need our best player to perform. We need #12 to show up.

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing about Big Ben is that he does have a habit of fumbling the ball. It may take more than one guy to take him down, but he does get pretty sloppy holding it. So, Rodgers can play mediocre if Green Bay pressures Rothlisberger like they should, that will be the big equalizer.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Defense is good enough to keep the team afloat and very consistent all season long...I really don't think Aaron needs to play that well, just better the Mark Sanchez and I can see them beating Pittsburgh

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

One int bounced off Drivers feet

But He has issues vs the Bears scheme...Now if Pitts runs the same scheme, he will have same issues

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
....has a bad game, like fumbles and or int's, can the Pack still win? If so, how?

Curious question, did you only pay attention to the Steelers all year long?

The Packers nearly beat the team labeled as unbeatable after they destroyed the Bears at home in a snow storm. They did it with a back up QB in who had never started a game in thier house.

They beat the Jets at New York when the Jets were coming of a bye week by defense.

Rodgers wasnt the same after that cheap shot in the NFC Title game by Peppers. But the team won by being complete.

Harrison will be playing to his strength in this game (leading with the helmet) and it could end up on the Packers Defense again.

Members online

Latest posts