Queens v.s. Packers: AR Revenge or play for draft positioning?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews production might not look top notch but he has been playing well throughout the season and has done a lot of good things against the run and pass. With Matthews I think he can still be very effective rushing from outside, I think Nelson needs to strictly be a slot receiver at this point. What we need is someone who can be a dangerous deep threat on play after play and that's what we've been missing.

H

HardRightEdge

Has Clark replaced Janis as the new fan fave?
Beats me. I never cease to be amazed by what passes for fan consensus.

I just think it's worth giving these guys a look against real competition to see what they might have in the toolbox. There's nothing to lose except some points on the scoreboard if they stink it up.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Beats me. I never cease to be amazed by what passes for fan consensus. I just think it's worth giving these guys a look against real competition to what they might have in the toolbox. There's nothing to lose except some points on the scoreboard if they stink it up.
I just brought it up since it one of the first times I haven't seen Janis in one of these discussions. Bye Jeff
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

H

HardRightEdge

I just brought it up since it one of the first times I haven't seen Janis in one of these discussions. Bye Jeff
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Janis is wrapping up his 4th. season and will be an unrestricted FA. It's hard to believe how time flies.

I never thought much of him. He never learned to read defenses and adjust routes. He improved somewhat on his body catching but NFL-calibre catch radius never developed. His offensive snap count dwindled to zero. KO duty was turned over the Davis. He's a decent gunner, but even his play making in that regard is way down with only 4 tackles so far this season. As much on the bubble as he was before, his play and playing time has regressed.

I think he knows what's coming. Whether the Janis bromancers do I could not say.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Empty out the bench and see what you've got.

I agree. The next 2 games are not about winning this year, but winning down the road. Use the snaps for auditions and gauging where some of these young guys currently are.

Couldn't agree more. How many snaps at WR did Janis get this year? 8 How many targets? 0

He is no longer special on special teams and no longer even talked about as having potential at WR. Thanks Jeff, you did some good things on special teams as a 7th rounder, but your 4 years are up.

I really hope to see Clark active and playing, his potential excites me a lot. Oh wait, people were saying that about Jeff way back when....oh well. :coffee:

Reaction score
Weve got bigger fish to fry than worrying about Jeff Janis.
As far as QB its the right decision and should’ve been our thought process after dropping to 7-7 and 9th in the NFC and watching Aaron with a glazed look on his face. He’s clearly not out of the woods and it’s just wrong to put him back out there even if Atlanta had lost IMO.
Hundley has a great opportunity to increase his stock against 2 contenders. Of course we wanna win, I’m not sure why someone would play to lose.
Plus, we’ve already got draft positioning. We’re picking better placement than we have in 10 years and we have quite a few comp picks for all these veterans we let walk. Time to make up for it.

Last edited:

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad that Aaron will sit out the rest of the year. He is too rusty, and the last thing we need is for him to aggravate his shoulder.

There has been talk here in MN about a revenge game. Part of me would love to see the Pack beat the snot out of the Queens. If you spend all of your like being nice, the bullies will walk all over you. And I speak from experience.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These games are the time to evaluate the younger players and as much as possible, protect those vets you plan on keeping. I'm expecting an easy win for the queens. We're out of it and we'll have players making "business" decisions.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Clark replaced Janis as the new fan fave?
I just saw the inactives and it looks like Clark is gonna play I expect him to make at least one big play. He's a lot better than Janis even though he doesn't have much experience he looks much more natural as a receiver. I'm convinced the problem with Janis is his football iq he just doesn't have that feel for the game that Clark seems to. Janis is useless cuz he isn't natural tracking the deep ball it's hard for him to even know which shoulder to look over and apparently that's something you can't teach or at least you can't teach Janis. Clark on the other hand is gonna develop and tonight I expect to see the next step in his development. With Matthews, Adams, Randall, Perry and Evans all inactives it's clear the Packers intend to get a look at their young guys against top flight competition

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are clearly treating this game like a preseason game. While it will be ugly to watch and very likely be a blowout, seeing what some of the young guys can do is important for next season. I want to see Davis in at WR along with Clark and I want to see what Aaron Jones can do catching passes out of the backfield. I also want to see the Packers free up Josh Jones to go after the qb on safety blitzes and lay sone bone crunching hits on Keenum.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What they are not counting on is Brett "Big game" Hundley.

Packers 23 Vikes 20.

Boooyah
But alas I forgot to account for Mike "it doesnt work but let's keep trying it" McCarthy. For the love of God, quick outs require the WR to make a hard cut upfield. There is no traction and your WRs keep slipping. Stop the insanity and throw downfield!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts