Queens v.s. Packers: AR Revenge or play for draft positioning?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I guess everyone has been too depressed to start this. :laugh:

I'll just say one thing: Vikings suck. Period.

Onward.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn’t doubt if 12 is done for the year. I hope for draft positioning, but hate losing on purpose. And unfortunately the Vikings don’t suck this year. This will be a fun NFC playoffs with all the new blood.......except the obvious pain we will feel. At this point I just wish the Pats and Steelers lose.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Rodgers doesn't play due to being safe with the injury, but there is absolutely no way the team plays for a better pick.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Rodgers doesn't play due to being safe with the injury, but there is absolutely no way the team plays for a better pick.

Unfortunately they may be one in the same even if it is unintentional. Of course the players who play will be trying to win the game but without Rodgers I don't think there is much of a chance it happens. Heck even with Rodgers I'd have to still give the edge to the vikings.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR needs to play. Pack needs to find out if Jordy is totally washed up or has anything left in the tank. They won't get that with Hundley. If Jordy is washed up the Packers need to know to make the right decisions in the off season. On Sunday, Jordy just couldn't separate and AR looked his way but checked down or scrambled. One of the reasons AR might be taking more hits is that Jordy could be covered more often forcing Rodgers to take more time to check down. Packers also need to beat the Queens. No ifs and or buts about it.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Win or lose, I want the defense to allow 50+ points to increase the odds of Capers being fired.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect them to play to win, which may be impossible with Hundley anyway, but it would not disappoint me to see us win and hurt the Vikings' seeding and Super Bowl chances.

It would also not disappoint me to see us lose and look toward picking more toward the upper teens rather than the lower teens.

Either way I don't want our defense giving the organization any reason to think about retaining Capers these last two games.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Play for draft positioning. Start Callahan on Sunday and see what the kid can do to determine if they can move on from Hundley. And honestly, if the Patriots win another Super Bowl, I’m done with the NFL and just sticking to Saturday football next year. I’m so sick of that team winning ball games on lucky plays. Getting to the point of winning is skill, but this final is play crap is just annoying to watch. Hate their pretenscious fans. Hate Bob Kraft and his constant use of the only big word he knows (unequivocally). Hate Matt Patricia’s stupid beard and how he gets any sort of credit for having what is really a garbage defensive game plan every week. That secondary should be the best in the league.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're now in the position they were in the Gory Years, and the fun then was individual games where they could hurt another team, so I'm hoping they beat the Vikes. Besides, isn't the draft position thing more a matter of not being at the end of the round every year? Next year, pretty much regardless of what they do in their next two games, they'll be in the middle - a few positions up or down shouldn't have that big an impact.

D

Deleted member 6794

Play for draft positioning. Start Callahan on Sunday and see what the kid can do to determine if they can move on from Hundley.

The Packers definitely should play to win vs. the Vikings and Lions as tanking sets a terrible precedence.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I'm conflicted - One hand I want the Packers to kick the sh** out of the Vikings and the Lions, on the other I want cluster-f*** losses of epic proportions where the organization is so embarrassed that they fire Thompson, Capers, and McCarthy before the flight back to Green Bay.

H

HardRightEdge

I'm conflicted - One hand I want the Packers to kick the sh** out of the Vikings and the Lions, on the other I want cluster-f*** losses of epic proportions where the organization is so embarrassed that they fire Thompson, Capers, and McCarthy before the flight back to Green Bay.
The next two games will not impact performance evaluations. If you don't know by now where things stand in the "process" you'll never know.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
In defense of Hudley (not much to defend) I honestly believe he will play and try to win these last 2 games I hope he makes them look bad and wished they drafted him..

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Play to win but play the young guys. Someone mentioned Jordy. I'm pretty sure we've all seen Jordy has lost at least a step and some explosion. Time to move on and not sure what two more games will show anyways. Put Clark in and see what the kid can do.

H

HardRightEdge

The Packers definitely should play to win vs. the Vikings and Lions as tanking sets a terrible precedence.
That's absolutely correct. Winning and losing are habits. That's not to say players with health issues should not be benched just as teams rest starters once they lock in a playoff position. However, the game plan and coaching of the players that will take the field should absolutely be aimed at winning.

H

HardRightEdge

Play to win but play the young guys. Someone mentioned Jordy. I'm pretty sure we've all seen Jordy has lost at least a step and some explosion. Time to move on and not sure what two more games will show anyways. Put Clark in and see what the kid can do.
I don't think we can conclude quite yet that Nelson is washed up. He looks sluggish in his breaks, but it's worth noting on that deep throw INT against Carolina Nelson had a couple of steps on the defenders but Rodgers was a bit late and under threw him. It could be a case where he's dinged up in such a way that it impacts cuts but not straight line running. That said, I don't think his 5th. gear is quite what it was pre-ACL, but he's been productive until recently.

We just don't know if he's been soldiering through or if this is as good as it gets going forward. Nelson, Matthews, Cobb all have contracts ending in 2018 and in all 3 cases there's a significant increase in cap savings and/or decrease in dead cap were ways to be parted this offseason.

It's all fine and good to make that observation, and conclude these players have not been performing up to their pay status, but when you get to the corollary consideration, "who else ya got?", there are no clear answers. Or any answers for that matter at this juncture.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Earth to MM give the punter the day off, play 4 downs make the O earn their way to a win give your experiment Hudley a confidence boost or let Callahan be the new experiment, you got nothing to lose, but I think he will coach like the same cautious McCarthy we have seen since Seattle

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't think we can conclude quite yet that Nelson is washed up. He looks sluggish in his breaks, but it's worth noting on that deep throw INT against Carolina Nelson had a couple of steps on the defenders but Rodgers was a bit late and under threw him. It could be a case where he's dinged up in such a way that it impacts cuts but not straight line running.

That said, I don't think his 5th. gear is quite what it was pre-ACL. We just don't know if he's been soldiering through or if this is as good as it's going to get for him going forward.

Nelson, Matthews, Cobb all have contracts ending in 2018 and in all 3 cases there's a significant increase in cap savings and/or decrease in dead cap were ways to be parted. It's all fine and good to make that observation, but when you get to the corollary consideration, "who else ya got?", there are no clear answers.

Re-sign Adams. See what Michael Clark can do last two games. They have cap space and draft picks to help as well. Use this top pick this year to get a tier 1 playmaker on the outside. It's time as they have been pumping top picks into the defense with average to little return over and over. I like Courtland Sutton out of SMU.

If they keep Nelson next year it will probably be like keeping Matthews this year. Lots of $ out for average production.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Earth to MM give the punter the day off, play 4 downs make the O earn their way to a win give your experiment Hudley a confidence boost or let Callahan be the new experiment, you got nothing to lose, but I think he will coach like the same cautious McCarthy we have seen since Seattle
4th. and 8, own 15 yard line, incomplete, McCarthy's dog goes missing.

H

HardRightEdge

Re-sign Adams. See what Michael Clark can do last two games. They have cap space and draft picks to help as well. Use this top pick this year to get a tier 1 playmaker on the outside. It's time as they have been pumping top picks into the defense with average to little return over and over. I like Courtland Sutton out of SMU.

If they keep Nelson next year it will be probably be like keeping Matthews this year. Lots of $ out for average production.
Sure, why not. Hundley, Cobb, Allison, Clark, Davis. Give those last 3 guys a chance to perform in a feature role and see what they can do.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play Hundley in the first half and Callahan in the second half. Got to find out if either is worth keeping as a number 3 quarterback next year. We already know we need a better number 2.

Jordy is fine. He had his man beat on the Rodgers interception. Should have been a TD. Rodgers wasn't ready to come back, obviously. That was one of several underthrown balls.

Empty out the bench and see what you've got.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley over his past 3 starts played better than many of the leagues starters. 6 Tuddys to one pick.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts