Pro Football Focus top 101 players

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only checked out the first 20 or so. Saw some very interesting placements. Was not expecting the number 2 spot to be what it was. And was definitely expecting to see Tom Brady in the top 10. Good list from a great website. Nice post

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady doesn't throw deep and they dock him for it.

It's not position weighted so that really helps this list stand out from so many others. And it's numbers based, not personal choice based as much.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was definitely refreshing to see a top whatever list of players without the top 10 saturated with 5+ QBs

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers listed:

Rodgers 1
Clay 36
Jordy Nelson 53
bulaga 71
Sitton 98

Interesting take on talent. No Jennings or Woodson on the list. Its performance based, so with a 15-1 regular season record, I would have expected more Packer offensive guys.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers listed:

Rodgers 1
Clay 36
Jordy Nelson 53
bulaga 71
Sitton 98

Interesting take on talent. No Jennings or Woodson on the list. Its performance based, so with a 15-1 regular season record, I would have expected more Packer offensive guys.

Jennings missed 3 games and didn't have killer stats last season. 947 yards I believe with 67 catches.

Woodson got torched by a ton of WRs last year.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Interesting. Good stats too.

I like seeing a list give more credit to defensive players for a change too.

Those Justin Smith stats are awesome.

Looks like they give more credit to Gronk then Brady right now. With a healthy Gronk, I do think NE probably wins the SB. With his injury I favored the Giants. Brady is great, but Gronk is crazy good.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. Good stats too.

I like seeing a list give more credit to defensive players for a change too.

Those Justin Smith stats are awesome.

Looks like they give more credit to Gronk then Brady right now. With a healthy Gronk, I do think NE probably wins the SB. With his injury I favored the Giants. Brady is great, but Gronk is crazy good.
it's the first website I have seen that called out Brady for his lack of deep ball. It's his biggest flaw as a QB

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Title should say top 101 of 2011. A little misleading.
That’s mentioned twice in the introduction to the list. They also note that their list treats all positions equally so it is not an attempt at a MVP list.

I remember the discussion we had about “what’s wrong with Clay” last season and PFF confirms what Pro Football Weekly reported about Matthews. Not only that but according to PFF he actually got better when you consider the added attention he received. They report he had 6 more combined sacks, hits and hurries than the previous year. IMO the lesson is not to focus on sack numbers alone. If the talent infusion on D works and Clay just maintains his level of play…

Their stats on Rodgers’ 2011 season deserve repeating here:

● Set all-time single season QB rating record of 122.5
● Led NFL in yards per attempt at 9.3; next best mark was 8.6 from Tom Brady
● 7.5:1 TD:INT ratio, throwing 45 touchdowns and 6 interceptions on the season
● Completed 68.5% of his passes
● Facing Goal-to-go had a TD:INT ratio of 19:1

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
it's the first website I have seen that called out Brady for his lack of deep ball. It's his biggest flaw as a QB

Brady is aging. He is still great but he is aging. Injuries are becoming more of a norm for him too. Injuries he can play with but that hurt him. He has a great offense around him though so they will still be very dangerous.

Rodgers is the youngest of the "elites". He is in his prime and will be for several years. It's his time and he deserves to be ranked first in everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts