Preseason power rankings

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I agree with most of this. He has the same top 3 in the AFC as I do. And the same top 2 in the NFC as I do.

The Colts won't be the worst team in the league though. But, until proven otherwise I don't blame people for ranking them last. When you have a rookie QB/HC there will be doubts. But, it won't be worse then Caldwell/Painter. The future is bright.

Houston has very high expectations. They need to live up to this. This is their shot in the AFC right now. It's open. The road is paved.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not Bad, I dont think the Steelers are going to be that high, but I don't think there are very many changes he would need to make to that list.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Not Bad, I dont think the Steelers are going to be that high, but I don't think there are very many changes he would need to make to that list.

They could be. It's their "luck". It often happens. They get lucky. I hate it.

Baltimore had a heart breaking loss in the AFC title game and have lost Suggs already.

I can see Pitts winning the North right now. The Steelers o line should be improved.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could be. It's their "luck". It often happens. They get lucky. I hate it.

Baltimore had a heart breaking loss in the AFC title game and have lost Suggs already.

I can see Pitts winning the North right now. The Steelers o line should be improved.
Bengals AFC North champs. Can you dig it?:D

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Bengals AFC North champs. Can you dig it?:D

Works for me. I have to see it to believe it though lol. I hope Cincy can take over for either the Steelers/Ravens. But, they won't sneak up on anyone this season.

Heck I would love to see the Bills win the AFC East. Unless Brady gets hurt I doubt it happens.

I think San Diego might win the West actually. They seem almost "due" for a good year again. Rivers sucked last year and he is far too good to do it again. And the Chargers hate the Mannings after Eli refused them. They have never had issues with beating Peyton. I am not sure if it was a Colts thing or a Manning thing with SD either. Will find out this season.

Crennel has owned Peyton too.

Peyton has taken on some of his biggest issues in the league head on this season.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have flipped the Pats and the Texans and I wouldn't have ranked the Falcons so highly. Baltimore and Chicago should both be a few slots higher.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this guy had anything to say that was dead on was his views on the Broncos. I think they have a lot more issues than QB, and the Tebow Train and all the ridiculous things that involve him have left the stadium. I think they have a decent year in that division and will probably make the playoffs but I don't see them as a better team than NE, Houston, Pittsburg, Baltimore, or maybe even Cincy although the division they play in might lead the Bengals to a lower record.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Works for me. I have to see it to believe it though lol. I hope Cincy can take over for either the Steelers/Ravens. But, they won't sneak up on anyone this season.

Heck I would love to see the Bills win the AFC East. Unless Brady gets hurt I doubt it happens.

I think San Diego might win the West actually. They seem almost "due" for a good year again. Rivers sucked last year and he is far too good to do it again. And the Chargers hate the Mannings after Eli refused them. They have never had issues with beating Peyton. I am not sure if it was a Colts thing or a Manning thing with SD either. Will find out this season.

Crennel has owned Peyton too.

Peyton has taken on some of his biggest issues in the league head on this season.
If Brady was to get hurt I believe the Jets wouldwin the AFC east. They're not much better than the bills but they are better.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Chiefs are a team who intrigue me as well in the West. The way they ended the year defensively at least made me notice them.

The AFC West is an enigma to me.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do believe GB & the 49ers will be seeded 1 & 2 this year. The NFC east will be a tough fight for the div. title. Saints are rated too high. I'd rate'em around 15-18. Panthers should make the playoffs by 2013. If N. Farley can stay away from the pot & Suh doesn't do anything stupid the NFC north will finish the same as last year. My picks for the playoffs are as follows.
1 Packers 1 Texans
2 49ers 2 Patriots
3 Eagles 3 Steelers
4 Lions 4 Denver
5 Falcons 5 Jets
6 NYGs 6 Chargers
There's usually about 5 teams that make the playoffs that didn't make it the prev. year. I've only got 3 diff teams so it'll be interesting to see

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, there are often a handful of new division winners every year.

If I have to do it that way I will go:

NFC East, NFC West, NFC South=new division winners

AFC West, AFC North=new division winners

Texans/Patriots/Packers repeat

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chiefs are a team who intrigue me as well in the West. The way they ended the year defensively at least made me notice them.

The AFC West is an enigma to me.
Looking forward to seeing Donatari Poe play. I think he's going to be a good player

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do believe GB & the 49ers will be seeded 1 & 2 this year. The NFC east will be a tough fight for the div. title. Saints are rated too high. I'd rate'em around 15-18. Panthers should make the playoffs by 2013. If N. Farley can stay away from the pot & Suh doesn't do anything stupid the NFC north will finish the same as last year. My picks for the playoffs are as follows.
1 Packers 1 Texans
2 49ers 2 Patriots
3 Eagles 3 Steelers
4 Lions 4 Denver
5 Falcons 5 Jets
6 NYGs 6 Chargers
There's usually about 5 teams that make the playoffs that didn't make it the prev. year. I've only got 3 diff teams so it'll be interesting to see

The Lions can't be the #4 seed. The first four seeds are division winners only. In your scenario, the Falcons would be the #4 seed and the Lions would be #5.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't want the Lions to make the playoffs.

I just want the Packers from the North.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want the Lions to make the playoffs.

I just want the Packers from the North.
I think there's a better chance of 2 teams coming from the NFC north & NFC east than just 1 team (Packers)from the NFC north & having 2 teams come from the NFC south or west

Members online

Latest posts