Pre-Draft Interviews

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been posting this elsewhere here and there...but let's lock down one spot solely for sharing when you hear about interviews with prospects.

Alim McNeil iDL - NC State
Daelin Hayes OLB/EDGE - Notre Dame
Asante Samuel Jr CB - FSU
Jermar Jefferson RB - Oregon State
Thomas Graham Jr CB - Oregon
KJ Britt LB - Auburn
Ronadale Moore WR - Purdue
Javian Hawkins RB - Louisville
Greg Newsome II CB - Northwestern
Trill Williams CB - Syracuse
Tommy Tremble TE - Notre Dame

Source for those as of typing: https://packerswire.usatoday.com/li...l-pre-draft-meetings-ahead-of-2021-nfl-draft/

Brevin Jordan TE - Miami

Source: https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/202...-interview-university-of-miami-brevin-jordan/

Another spot to check for updates: https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...t-meeting-tracker-rondale-moore-asante-samuel

Last edited:

GreenReign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zaven Collins in R1, Alim McNeil in R2, Trill Williams in R3, then OL in R4 and I'd be absolutely ecstatic. I don't know about waiting till R3 for a CB though. However, Gute went against all conventional wisdom last year and ignored our #1 perceived need and neglected taking a WR in the most WR rich draft in history. So who knows?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zaven Collins in R1, Alim McNeil in R2, Trill Williams in R3, then OL in R4 and I'd be absolutely ecstatic. I don't know about waiting till R3 for a CB though. However, Gute went against all conventional wisdom last year and ignored our #1 perceived need and neglected taking a WR in the most WR rich draft in history. So who knows?

This thread is specifically for interview news of prospects pre-draft. I'd recommend heading over to the slew of either positional discussions or the stickied "On to 2021" thread that is kinda the catch all for 2021 draft discussions.

This just helps eliminate folks getting email alerts that a new post is in the 'Pre-Draft Interview" thread and think there is another confirmation of or discussion about one - when in fact is not.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nevermind found it

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe in the "smoke and mirrors" interviews like some here, so I love that Gute is showing interest in a guy that arguably will have to be selected by the end of the second round along the OL.

I have a few mutual friends of Liam Eichenberg being he is from Notre Dame....I keep hoping Green Bay looks at him. He is a one of the few guys at Tackle that I would be comfortable with spending a first rounder on that is realistically a chance to be there. Instant starter at RT, with easily the ability to be the LT till Bahk returns.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I don't believe in the "smoke and mirrors" interviews like some here, so I love that Gute is showing interest in a guy that arguably will have to be selected by the end of the second round along the OL.

I have a few mutual friends of Liam Eichenberg being he is from Notre Dame....I keep hoping Green Bay looks at him. He is a one of the few guys at Tackle that I would be comfortable with spending a first rounder on that is realistically a chance to be there. Instant starter at RT, with easily the ability to be the LT till Bahk returns.
To be honest, I cannot evaluate OL tape. So much of it is scheme/concepts and is so team specific it goes well over my head. Even though I have spent the better part of my career at college football practices, I never had any clue what was going on in the offensive lineman classroom. I just want the Packers to walk away with a quality OL starter, which I understand to get that will likely require a top 100 pick.

As a Notre Dame fan, are you all in on Tommy Tremble? I have to say, I love the kid.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I’m not familiar with the name but trust your analysis. I’m not opposed to taking an O Right Tackle in Rd 1. O linemen seem to make the jump faster than most other positions. Hopefully keep Linsley if Jones and Williams depart. More important than ever to have a good O line to 1) keep 12 healthy and 2) open lanes for the running game that a less experienced back will need.

I’d much rather address CB in FA with a known quantity rather than the draft. I also realize taking a solid CB in FA AND resigning Linsley (probably around $12 or $13 mil/year) may be a pipe dream.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like Jenkins more.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been posting this elsewhere here and there...but let's lock down one spot solely for sharing when you hear about interviews with prospects.

Alim McNeil iDL - NC State
Daelin Hayes OLB/EDGE - Notre Dame
Asante Samuel Jr CB - FSU
Jermar Jefferson RB - Oregon State
Thomas Graham Jr CB - Oregon
KJ Britt LB - Auburn
Ronadale Moore WR - Purdue
Javian Hawkins RB - Louisville
Greg Newsome II CB - Northwestern
Trill Williams CB - Syracuse
Tommy Tremble TE - Notre Dame

Source for those as of typing: https://packerswire.usatoday.com/li...l-pre-draft-meetings-ahead-of-2021-nfl-draft/

Brevin Jordan TE - Miami

Source: https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/202...-interview-university-of-miami-brevin-jordan/

Of the guys mentioned here I've seen Hayes, Britt and Tremble. Tremble would be a down the field threat at TE something we don't really have. Britt is solid but about 5-10 pounds too light to play inside and had an injury plagued 2020. Hayes gets good pressure, if we expect him to be as good as Preston Smith we won't be disappointed.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I am insanely happy, Zaven Collins added to the list. Folks this dude is one of my favorites of the draft and I dont mean just LB.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/04/packers-meet-virtually-with-tulsa-lb-zaven-collins/
So glad you mentioned my favorite LB in the draft as well. You will frequently hear me talk about Jabril Cox, that is because I love Jabril Cox and I am sick of getting my heart broken with the Packers not selecting an ILB in the first two rounds. Zaven Collins is the best ILB in the 2021 NFL draft. Keeping in mind that I am always looking at ceiling in the draft, yes I have him graded higher than Micah Parsons. The kid can do everything well. He has some growing to do, but is so raw, yet polished. I didn't write down what game it was, but in some of my notes on him I wrote about a safety that was one of the best safeties I have ever seen by an ILB, "Collins diagnosed the play at the snap, shot the A gap and drilled the RB in the endzone. One of the smartest safeties I have ever seen. A pure football IQ safety. Beautiful."

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Collins is a likely candidate IMO to be our first pick in this draft. I’d be pleased. I want to see more violent aggression in the middle of our defense.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins is a likely candidate IMO to be our first pick in this draft. I’d be pleased. I want to see more violent aggression in the middle of our defense.

I'm a massive Collins fan and every mock he is there i want him, but struggle to envision we go LB in the first given our history.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walter is reporting even how many times we've met with prospects:

• Derrick Barnes, Inside Linebacker, Purdue (VIR)
  • Joshuah Bledsoe, Safety, Missouri (VIR)
  • K.J. Britt^, Inside Linebacker, Auburn (VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Larnel Coleman^, Offensive Tackle, Massachusetts (VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Zaven Collins^, Outside Linebacker, Tulsa (VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Chris Evans, Running Back, Michigan (VIR)
  • Thomas Graham Jr.^, Cornerback, Oregon (VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Carson Green, Offensive Tackle, Texas A&M (VIR)
  • Kylin Hill, Running Back, Mississippi State (VIR)
  • Wyatt Hubert, 3-4 Outside Linebacker, Kansas State (VIR)
  • Teven Jenkins^, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma State (VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Patrick Jones, 3-4 Outside Linebacker, Pittsburgh (VIR)
  • Brevin Jordan, Tight End, Miami (VIR)
  • Deommodore Lenoir^, Cornerback, Oregon (VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Quinn Meinerz^, Offensive Guard, Wisconsin-Whitewater (VIR, VIR)
  • Ifeatu Melifonwu, Cornerback, Syracuse (VIR)
  • Elijah Molden, Cornerback, Washington (VIR)
  • Rondale Moore^, Wide Receiver, Purdue (VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Dazz Newsome, Wide Receiver, North Carolina (VIR)
  • Greg Newsome II^, Cornerback, Northwestern (VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Adetokunbo Ogundeji, 3-4 Outside Linebacker, Notre Dame (VIR)
  • Levi Onwuzurike^, Defensive Tackle, Washington (VIR, VIR)
  • Jaret Patterson^, Running Back, Buffalo (VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Peyton Ramsey, Quarterback, Northwestern (VIR)
  • Asante Samuel Jr.^, Cornerback, Florida State (VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Anthony Schwartz^, Wide Receiver, Auburn (VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • D'Ante Smith, Offensive Tackle, East Carolina (VIR)
  • Darius Stills^, Defensive Tackle, West Virginia (VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Mike Strachan^, Wide Receiver, Charleston (VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Tommy Tremble^, TE, Notre Dame (PRI, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Joe Tryon, 3-4 Outside Linebacker, Washington (VIR)
  • Marlon Tuipulotu, Defensive Tackle, USC (VIR)
  • Pooka Williams Jr., Running Back, Kansas (VIR)
  • Trill Williams^, Cornerback, Syracuse (VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR, VIR)
  • Kenny Yeboah, Tight End, Ole Miss (VIR)
For note VIR means virtual, PRI means private visit, the small ^ means have met with team multiple times or event.

Few takeaways:

8 defensive backs (only 1 safety)
5 Offensive Lineman - only one arguably high profile name in Jenkins
7 Linebackers
7 Pass catchers (3 TEs)
*mildly shocked zero interview yet at least for Toney or Elijah Moore, but they did interview Rondale Moore multiple times so far.

One prospect I've been higher on than some others that caught my eye I was unaware we had discussions with, multiple no less is Darius Stills the defensive lineman out of West Virginia. He is 100% worth keeping an eye on. The type of guy that I could see go as early as 3rd or late as 5th. High high ceiling type guy and being able to come in and work behind Clark would be incredible opportunity for him. His only nock in my book that I make a notable note of is he is somewhat undersized but his frame can easily add more or be more of an interior push/pressure type guy depending on how a team wants to use him.

If we look at the players receiving the insane amount of interviews we see pass catchers (Rondale Moore, Anthony Schwartz and Tremble) all there...which is interesting because some would argue you have a Day 1 and Day 2 and then a borderline Day2/3 type guy there.

Cornerback we are heavy on Day 1/early Day 2 guys (Samuel, Newsome,....but other multiple interviews guys include Graham and Lenoir)

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can’t stand Schwartz as a prospect.

He has elite speed and is bad/mediocre at everything else.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can’t stand Schwartz as a prospect.

He has elite speed and is bad/mediocre at everything else.

He has better hands than MVS had out of college, with a similar route tree - which means not much of one. I love him in the 4th, but I suspect a team may grab him for his speed in the 3rd or the 4th but before our picks.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mildly concerned WalterFootball doesn't list ones confirmed elsewhere like Alim McNeil, Javian Hawkins...odd

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mildly concerned WalterFootball doesn't list ones confirmed elsewhere like Alim McNeil, Javian Hawkins...odd

Trusting Walterfootball is a great leap of faith, imo. Usually stuff like that doesn’t get out a ton, but it’s possible they’re right.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trusting Walterfootball is a great leap of faith, imo. Usually stuff like that doesn’t get out a ton, but it’s possible they’re right.

The fact they're tracking the amount of times would be a massively big and misguided thing to claim if wrong....for sure odd.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers virtually meeting with Ambry Thomas

From The Draft Network: “Thomas was most effective in coverage playing in press and disrupting route releases inside the contact window—he’s a physical player who does well when able to get his hands on the receiver and upset the timing of patterns."

Thomas had a solid 2019 season, but sat out 2020.

Members online

Latest posts