Power Rankings.

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok guys, I just wanted to know what you guys think about some of the power rankings. Now I realize that most of the power rankings are just more of the trash that the so called football "experts" put out there, but they are still some what interesting.
Some of the power rankings have your Packers jumping up to 10 spots, some even have you in the top ten now. But my Vikings had a more impressive victory over the Falcons, and they still have us in the 20's. I realize that we played the lowly Falcons and you played the Eagles, but from what I seen and heard you guys only won because the Eagles blew it and couldn't field a punt. If I am wrong I am sure you will correct me.

So I guess the point of this post is to find out how good you guys think your Packers and my Vikings really are. Are my Vikings still as bad as the "experts" say? Are your Packers as good as they say? Do you think the Packers are really that much better then the Vikings?

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its BS that the bears didnt move at all. It is interesting to look at the power rankings but i dont put much credit in them or faith.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its BS that the bears didnt move at all. It is interesting to look at the power rankings but i dont put much credit in them or faith.

The played one of the three elite teams in a league. This week, they play one of the worst. I don't think you will be able to tell how good the Bears will be further into the season.

The Vikings? Slightly better than last year. I still think the Packers are better because of the offense. The Pack's O is decent, but have more weapons than the Vikings have. This is another case of wait and see. The Falcons, then the Lions. Not exactly powerhouses.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Troll, out of curiousity, which site(s) have you seen putting the Packers in the top 10 of their rankings? I think the highest I've seen myself is 14 or so.

Welcome to the site.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Power rankings mean nothing. All they are are some guys opinion.
But they are fun to follow, just for grins.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Power Rankings are funny to me...week one and somebody says that know who's #1 through #32. I think it's just a guess at this point. Come Week 14 and on, then it becomes an "educated" guess.

They are fun to read though...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think over the next several weeks, we can get a fair idea of how well the Packers "really" are by watching the O-line progress. We'll get an idea of how good the Vikings are by watching the quarterback. and, the falcons are really really bad. Their quarterback is the detroit lions castoff.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Power rankings are a joke. I saw one idiot who moved us up one slot from 28th to 27th and moved Philly like eight slots back from #3 to #11. Now how much sense does that make?

It tells me this guy has made his mind up about the Pack and is not going to change it regardless of what we show him.

He might even be gracious enough to move us up TWO WHOLE SPOTS if we beat the Chargers next week.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok guys, I just wanted to know what you guys think about some of the power rankings. Now I realize that most of the power rankings are just more of the trash that the so called football "experts" put out there, but they are still some what interesting.
Some of the power rankings have your Packers jumping up to 10 spots, some even have you in the top ten now. But my Vikings had a more impressive victory over the Falcons, and they still have us in the 20's. I realize that we played the lowly Falcons and you played the Eagles, but from what I seen and heard you guys only won because the Eagles blew it and couldn't field a punt. If I am wrong I am sure you will correct me.

So I guess the point of this post is to find out how good you guys think your Packers and my Vikings really are. Are my Vikings still as bad as the "experts" say? Are your Packers as good as they say? Do you think the Packers are really that much better then the Vikings?

The highest I've seen the Packers in any power rankings is #11, from Dr. Z of Sports Illustrated, and as usual he just used his ranking as a platform for a dig at Brett Favre. Most other rankings I've seen have the Pack in the mid teens.

The Packers didn't win just because the Eagles couldn't field a punt (or two). The defense and special teams played very well. It was a hard-fought game, although a little sloppy. It reminded me of an old-fashioned black and blue division game. Most of us Packer fans are happy because we've been losing, not winning, most games of that type in recent years.

The Falcons are in such disarray right now, that I don't know what to think of the Vikings win, except that Adrian Peterson is amazing. And they do have a good defense. We remember that from last season. But as for the passing game, we'll wait and see.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Power rankings are a joke. I saw one idiot who moved us up one slot from 28th to 27th and moved Philly like eight slots back from #3 to #11. Now how much sense does that make?

It tells me this guy has made his mind up about the Pack and is not going to change it regardless of what we show him.

He might even be gracious enough to move us up TWO WHOLE SPOTS if we beat the Chargers next week.
I think they don't want to jump on our bandwagon too soon. Just in case we fall back down, they don't want to look too stupid.
I don't care what the "experts" say, only that my Packers keep winning! :D

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As a bears fan point of view, I really think that every one in the NFC north imporved this year. Viks D is very good, AP is going to be VERY good, and the O line should perform very well. THe Falcons are total junk, so i put zero stock in the victory. Packers are young and the d is solid. I actually thought their d underperformed against the eagles. I was thinking that they would make more 'game changing' plays on d than they did. However, their d is solid. True the punts were a gift, but they still did play well on d, and the O cant be as bad as they showed. My opinion is that the bears, viks, and pac should be a lot closer for the division title this year than last. As always, injuries will determine a lot and could give one team the edge.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope everyone improves (just the Packers more so :D ) because I am tired about everyone slamming the NFC North as the worst division in football. Hopefully this year we get a little more respect.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheTroll said:

As a bears fan point of view, I really think that every one in the NFC north imporved this year. Viks D is very good, AP is going to be VERY good, and the O line should perform very well. THe Falcons are total junk, so i put zero stock in the victory. Packers are young and the d is solid. I actually thought their d underperformed against the eagles. I was thinking that they would make more 'game changing' plays on d than they did. However, their d is solid. True the punts were a gift, but they still did play well on d, and the O cant be as bad as they showed. My opinion is that the bears, viks, and pac should be a lot closer for the division title this year than last. As always, injuries will determine a lot and could give one team the edge.
Great thoughtful insightful post 4th! (No, i'm not kidding)
I think you are pretty dead on on all points!

Staff online

Latest posts