Possible wr trade targets?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't speak for others, but I usually mean my tongue in cheek comments towards those that are on the far end of the spectrum of thinking that it is all Rodgers fault.

More than one factor for sure. New HC, new Offense, aging QB, inexperienced and unproven WR group, not much help from the TE position.

So I look at that and say "How does one fix this?" The first 3 things are not variables you can fully change. We have a new HC, he stays. We have a new offense, it needs to get better and run more crisper. We have an aging QB, he needs to play better. So it was up to Gute to fix the other 2 things, basically the receiving group. I think he hoped it would fix itself, but it didn't. Adams stayed steady, Lazard improved and the rest of the players basically went backwards. Did they go backwards because of the new offense or Rodgers or were they just not that good to begin with? I'm saying the later. I wouldn't mind being wrong.
I do think AR gets better with more comfort level. I think our WRs are more talented than many give them credit for.
And this is one of the best years for WRs in the draft. We should be able to get a good one or even 2 in the first 2 days of the draft.

I just updated my mock. I have us taking Aiyuk after trading back with Cleveland.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I do think AR gets better with more comfort level. I think our WRs are more talented than many give them credit for.
And this is one of the best years for WRs in the draft. We should be able to get a good one or even 2 in the first 2 days of the draft.

I just updated my mock. I have us taking Aiyuk after trading back with Cleveland.

Speaking of, when are you opening the thread for the 101st Annual Amish Draft Contest? I can't wait to see this years list of prizes! That Amish Space heater I won last year has been keeping my feet warm all winter.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Can't draft Aiyuk when playing him means benching Davante Adams.

So Gute should get a good YAC WR in the draft to take Adams spot in the starting lineup.

D

Deleted member 6794

What is your contingency plan if you can't land one of the top 2 or 3 TE FA's or when that player goes down with an injury? No doubt that the Packers need to improve at both WR and TE, but I don't agree that simply adding a rookie WR and a FA TE instantly improves the receiving group enough to beat some of the teams with top defenses.

Unfortunately I'm convinced that the Packers won't be able to improve the receiving corps enough this offseason that they will be able to overcome an injury to Adams, a free agent signed or an early round rookie. Hopefully they will be able to stay healthy at the top of the depth chart at receiver and tight end next year.

MLF has made us a run first team and because of that along with Jimmie G likely being let go...

The Packers threw the ball on 58.2% of the plays last season. While they were a more balanced team with MLF running the show they weren't a run first offense by any means.

Want to see a full offensive restocking of WR#2, TE, and Bulaga's OT spot... but we also need to repair the DEF spine with at least 1 ILB and 1 DT to help with the run stopping issues we have.

The Packers don't have enough cap space to make that work though.

Jimmy Graham led the team with 6.8 yards after the catch per reception, if I'm interpreting this data correctly

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving/2019/all#avgYAC

Then MVS, then a pretty big fall to Adams.

MVS only caught 26 passes. Jimmy 38 passes. The players that make a difference IMO are the Deebo samuels (who I wanted in the 1st last year) and AJ Browns of the league (52 and 57 catches respectively, with 8.8 and 8.5 YAC average). We need a high volume, high YAC monster to push this offense.

Actually Aaron Jones (9.24) and Jamaal Williams (7.23) led the team in yards after catch per reception.

I think our WRs are more talented than many give them credit for.

That's where most posters around here disagree with.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They tried to trade for him mid-season so that is no suprise. I would love Hooper here. He is a damn good TE , very productive, had no big injuries and knows LaFleur but he will be expensive. projections take him up to 11M per year which is much for the limited cap the Packers have.

But I like the scenario. Grab a TE, Hooper as best-case scenario, in FA and then draft a WR in the early rounds. Receiving core would be strongly improved.

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like you are ready to throw the towel in and go into rebuild mode? After a 13-3 season?

After seeing Denver finally win the Super Bowl with a Peyton Manning that was a shadow of himself and then going down hill quickly, and then seeing the NYG lose to us in the post season and then tanking while Eli went down hill quickly, I don't think it is unwise to plan on rebuild mode now. Rodgers is our QB for the 2020 and 2021 season. 2022 may be the year that we have to enter the season with a new QB. If you watched the NFC Championship game, Rodgers looked horrible. If you watched the regular season games, Rodgers looked bad for several quarters in most of the games. Hopefully he rebounds, but we aren't going 13-3 next year with him playing like that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
we aren't going 13-3 next year with him playing like that.

Why not? Especially if the rest of the team gets better. ;)

I get it, Rodgers isn't playing at the top of his game, but he is still better than most QB's. I expect him and the rest of the offense to play better and be improved as they enter year #2 with a new OC and playbook.

OP
OP
GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm convinced that the Packers won't be able to improve the receiving corps enough this offseason that they will be able to overcome an injury to Adams, a free agent signed or an early round rookie. Hopefully they will be able to stay healthy at the top of the depth chart at receiver and tight end next year.

The Packers threw the ball on 58.2% of the plays last season. While they were a more balanced team with MLF running the show they weren't a run first offense by any means.

The Packers don't have enough cap space to make that work though.

Actually Aaron Jones (9.24) and Jamaal Williams (7.23) led the team in yards after catch per reception.

That's where most posters around here disagree with.

Fair enough, not sure why nextgenstats didn't post RB YAC.

OP
OP
GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After seeing Denver finally win the Super Bowl with a Peyton Manning that was a shadow of himself and then going down hill quickly, and then seeing the NYG lose to us in the post season and then tanking while Eli went down hill quickly, I don't think it is unwise to plan on rebuild mode now. Rodgers is our QB for the 2020 and 2021 season. 2022 may be the year that we have to enter the season with a new QB. If you watched the NFC Championship game, Rodgers looked horrible. If you watched the regular season games, Rodgers looked bad for several quarters in most of the games. Hopefully he rebounds, but we aren't going 13-3 next year with him playing like that.

Agreed, I think we need to take a Brees approach to Rodgers now. Surround him with a top run game (Aaron Jones) and WR talent (Adams and a corps that needs improvement) and an Oline that will keep him upright. We have most of the tools right now, but need a serious infusion of catching talent for Aaron to have the success we want for him.

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not? Especially if the rest of the team gets better. ;)

I get it, Rodgers isn't playing at the top of his game, but he is still better than most QB's. I expect him and the rest of the offense to play better and be improved as they enter year #2 with a new OC and playbook.

We had a very weak schedule and got lucky that Mahommes didn't play when we played KC and we about lost that game too. Cook being hurt against MN, etc. I don't think we had one game where we looked like a 13-3 dominating team. Go look at the season and point out where you think we were strong. Every win was ugly, and the losses were horrid. We wouldn't have beat a healthy seattle team, kansas city team, or minnesota team. I think we were more of a 10-6 team. I just don't see us going 13-3 again this year.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gre...&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/03b3j;6;/m/059yj;mt;fp;1;;

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had a very weak schedule and got lucky that Mahommes didn't play when we played KC and we about lost that game too. Cook being hurt against MN, etc. I don't think we had one game where we looked like a 13-3 dominating team. Go look at the season and point out where you think we were strong. Every win was ugly, and the losses were horrid. We wouldn't have beat a healthy seattle team, kansas city team, or minnesota team.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gre...&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/03b3j;6;/m/059yj;mt;fp;1;;
Baloney. We would have and DID beat MN Twice. Cook or no Cook and we kicked their ***. KC, maybe. Seattle. No doubt in my mind we were beating them at all. The score was closer than the game I wish they had all their RB's. I don't care how ugly the wins were and I don't care we "weren't a 13-3" team despite the fact we were. We were a playoff team and deserved to go where we did.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We had a very weak schedule and got lucky that Mahommes didn't play when we played KC and we about lost that game too. Cook being hurt against MN, etc. I don't think we had one game where we looked like a 13-3 dominating team.

I think you could say the same about a lot of the top teams. The only thing I will say, that might have changed the Packers final record, is that the Packers had a very unusual year of staying relatively healthy themselves.

But I have heard all of the arguments of who we played, when we played them, etc. and at the end of the season we were 13-3, beat a pretty damn good Seahawks team and just got beat by a team that we matched up poorly against.

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you could say the same about a lot of the top teams. The only thing I will say, that might have changed the Packers final record, is that the Packers had a very unusual year of staying relatively healthy themselves.

But I have heard all of the arguments of who we played, when we played them, etc. and at the end of the season we were 13-3, beat a pretty damn good Seahawks team and just got beat by a team that we matched up poorly against.

The Seahawks had a good team and they were down a bunch of starters in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if they had our luck with health next year, of them making the Super Bowl. They were banged up pretty bad towards the end of the year. We got romped by San Francisco twice, and by a healthier than towards the end of the year Philadelphia. Not to mention that horrid showing in San Diego. We got lucky. Don't expect a 13-3 season next year.

OP
OP
GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Baloney. We would have and DID beat MN Twice. Cook or no Cook and we kicked their ***. KC, maybe. Seattle. No doubt in my mind we were beating them at all. The score was closer than the game I wish they had all their RB's. I don't care how ugly the wins were and I don't care we "weren't a 13-3" team despite the fact we were. We were a playoff team and deserved to go where we did.

I agree that Seattle would have pounded the rock on us with a healthy Penny or Carson. They nearly won in our house with replacement RB's. We nearly lost to the Lions with a home playoff game on the line. For those that do not agree that we overachieved last year, I do not know what to say.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had a very weak schedule and got lucky that Mahommes didn't play when we played KC and we about lost that game too. Cook being hurt against MN, etc. I don't think we had one game where we looked like a 13-3 dominating team. Go look at the season and point out where you think we were strong. Every win was ugly, and the losses were horrid. We wouldn't have beat a healthy seattle team, kansas city team, or minnesota team. I think we were more of a 10-6 team. I just don't see us going 13-3 again this year.

Weak schedule my ***! Most of the teams we've played had winning records! And I am SO sick of hearing how we were so "lucky" to not to have faced off against Mahomes, who BTW was still nursing an injury. So even had we won against Mahomes, the excuse would've been there for him. It's not like KC didn't have HFA, the better head coach, the better weapons, and their backup didn't play well enough to win that game. As for the Cook being hurt, uh...hello? We beat Minnesota WHEN they had Cook! So I don't want to hear that as an excuse. We haven't looked like a 13-3 win team, and might I ask what exactly does a 13-3 team look like exactly? Winning in the NFL is hard and we so happen to win 13 of our games and you're sitting here downgrading it? Were we the sexiest team in the NFL? No, but at the end of the day we did a hellova lot better than what was expected, and considering the circumstances that's terrific. It baffles my mind how people sit here after a 13-3 season and complain about how the way our boys won football games. At the end of the day, all that matters is the win.

As for Rodgers in the NFC Championship, newsflash dude, everyone played horrible, especially the defense. The only person I'd say that came to show up that game was Adams. Don't pin this crap all on Rodgers. So you're suggesting we basically should tank for the next two years with Rodgers after we were 1 game away from a SB. Keep in mind the LAST time we were in the playoffs, we were in the NFC Championship as well.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Seahawks had a good team and they were down a bunch of starters in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if they had our luck with health next year, of them making the Super Bowl. They were banged up pretty bad towards the end of the year. We got romped by San Francisco twice, and by a healthier than towards the end of the year Philadelphia. Not to mention that horrid showing in San Diego. We got lucky. Don't expect a 13-3 season next year.

I definitely agree that the Packers overachieved last year, due to a number of factors. Health is one, a great record in one score games is another, and a high TO rate is a third. They had the scoring differential of a good, 10-11 win team, but they ended up at 13-3 for reasons stated. So they were good, but not maybe as good as their record would indicate.

Next year will be interesting, as some contradicting factors will probably collide. On the one hand, they should not expect their luck to hold that well in terms of health, one score game record, and turnovers. But on the other, the offense will be in year two of Petals' system, which has tended to yield a pretty good leap forward.

So I can imagine that the team could be better in reality in 2020, but worse in record. Say perhaps an 11-5 club, but one better equipped to make it to the Super Bowl? I can see that happening.

The last thing I want to say, however, is that while there were teams in 2019 with the same record or worse but who were clearly stronger teams overall than Green Bay (e.g. SF, NO, KC), Seattle was not one of them. If it's fair to say that GB was a luckier than normal club last year, and it is, then that goes double for Seattle. They somehow made it to 12-4 while outscoring opponents by a measly 10 points combined. Green Bay's scoring differential wasn't even all that impressive and they were still at +45.

10 out of their 11 wins were by one score. Four of those were decided by 3 points or less. Of all the double digit win teams in the league, they were the biggest sham of the bunch.

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Seattle would have pounded the rock on us with a healthy Penny or Carson. They nearly won in our house with replacement RB's. We nearly lost to the Lions with a home playoff game on the line. For those that do not agree that we overachieved last year, I do not know what to say.

I don't think some of the posters watched the games we played.

Weak schedule my ***! Most of the teams we've played had winning records! And I am SO sick of hearing how we were so "lucky" to not to have faced off against Mahomes, who BTW was still nursing an injury. So even had we won against Mahomes, the excuse would've been there for him. It's not like KC didn't have HFA, the better head coach, the better weapons, and their backup didn't play well enough to win that game. As for the Cook being hurt, uh...hello? We beat Minnesota WHEN they had Cook! So I don't want to hear that as an excuse. We haven't looked like a 13-3 win team, and might I ask what exactly does a 13-3 team look like exactly? Winning in the NFL is hard and we so happen to win 13 of our games and you're sitting here downgrading it? Were we the sexiest team in the NFL? No, but at the end of the day we did a hellova lot better than what was expected, and considering the circumstances that's terrific. It baffles my mind how people sit here after a 13-3 season and complain about how the way our boys won football games. At the end of the day, all that matters is the win.

As for Rodgers in the NFC Championship, newsflash dude, everyone played horrible, especially the defense. The only person I'd say that came to show up that game was Adams. Don't pin this crap all on Rodgers. So you're suggesting we basically should tank for the next two years with Rodgers after we were 1 game away from a SB. Keep in mind the LAST time we were in the playoffs, we were in the NFC Championship as well.

Every week we were talking about ugly wins. That was the whole story line of our season. Our strength of schedule was tied for 14th and we got wins against two teams without their best player on the field. Our opponents went 126-124-2 for the year. We had an easy season. Here is a replay for that one game away from a SB. At what point when we were down 21-0 did you think we were really close to the Super Bowl? And lets not blame the guy that threw two interceptions and had 3 fumbles in the game. That would be stupid right?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think some of the posters watched the games we played.

Every week we were talking about ugly wins. That was the whole story line of our season. Our strength of schedule was tied for 14th and we got wins against two teams without their best player on the field. Our opponents went 126-124-2 for the year. We had an easy season. Here is a replay for that one game away from a SB. At what point when we were down 21-0 did you think we were really close to the Super Bowl? And lets not blame the guy that threw two interceptions and had 3 fumbles in the game. That would be stupid right?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Still sounds like a crutch if you ask me. What team is fully healthy throughout the course of the season? While we're at it, please explain to me what guarantee would there have been for KC and Minnesota to have beaten us had those two played, both of whom were injured, and we certainly would've heard that used as an excuse had we had won. Let alone the fact that they had HFA, and had better overall talent. KC offensively anyways, and Minnesota, overall.

Lastly I love how you are completely negating the fact that our defense couldn't force a 3 and out, thus putting the offense in a bind, and how everyone outside of Adams didn't show up offensively. But somehow we lost this game because of Rodgers, even though we HAD a chance to comeback if the defense was able to force a 3 and out and they couldn't do that to save their lives. By your logic we lost this game because of Rodgers, and that is completely idiotic. EVERYONE gets blame for that game.

As for the ranked 14th? It's weird because I recall going into the season, experts were saying how The Packers had one of the toughest schedules, and yet we do better than expected and somehow our schedule is weaker. Well tell me something exactly, other than NO and us who did SF beat? Who did NO beat that was impressive? My point being is that we're in the business where the concept is winning. It doesn't HOW we win, just as long as we're able to.

So yes in hindsight, we certainly overachieved, and whether you like it or not, we WERE one game away from getting to The Superbowl, and the fact that you're suggesting we basically blow things up and rebuild is baffling to me. Matter of fact, I bet you the game would've probably been more competitive had we got the 1 seed as we have proven to be a better home team than we are on the road. Let alone on the west coast.

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still sounds like a crutch if you ask me. What team is fully healthy throughout the course of the season? While we're at it, please explain to me what guarantee would there have been for KC and Minnesota to have beaten us had those two played, both of whom were injured, and we certainly would've heard that used as an excuse had we had won. Let alone the fact that they had HFA, and had better overall talent. KC offensively anyways, and Minnesota, overall.

Lastly I love how you are completely negating the fact that our defense couldn't force a 3 and out, thus putting the offense in a bind, and how everyone outside of Adams didn't show up offensively. But somehow we lost this game because of Rodgers, even though we HAD a chance to comeback if the defense was able to force a 3 and out and they couldn't do that to save their lives. By your logic we lost this game because of Rodgers, and that is completely idiotic. EVERYONE gets blame for that game.

As for the ranked 14th? It's weird because I recall going into the season, experts were saying how The Packers had one of the toughest schedules, and yet we do better than expected and somehow our schedule is weaker. Well tell me something exactly, other than NO and us who did SF beat? Who did NO beat that was impressive? My point being is that we're in the business where the concept is winning. It doesn't HOW we win, just as long as we're able to.

So yes in hindsight, we certainly overachieved, and whether you like it or not, we WERE one game away from getting to The Superbowl, and the fact that you're suggesting we basically blow things up and rebuild is baffling to me. Matter of fact, I bet you the game would've probably been more competitive had we got the 1 seed as we have proven to be a better home team than we are on the road. Let alone on the west coast.

The experts thought that the Chcicago Bears was the best in the division, and that the Detroit Lions were on their way up. Minnesota at second best leaves the Green Bay Packers at last in the division back then. We played the worst division n the NFC East for 4 games. We played Denver, Chargers, Raiders, and Kansas City, only one of those teams was a contender and we played them when they were without their MVP QB. The Chargers embarassed us. Philadelphia embarassed us. Detroit about embarassed us. Please name the fully healthy playoff team that we beat convincingly during the season. You can't name that team because it never happened.

All of our wins were ugly. Every single one of them. Had Seattle been healthy we would have been one and done. Had Detroit, Minnesota, or Kansas City been healthy we would have been 10-6 or 11-5 and lost in the first round. Aaron Christ Rodgers posted a 21.9 QBR in the NFC championship. The third highest paid player in the whole NFL amongst all positions played a horrid game. He fumbled the ball 3 times, threw two interceptions, looked like Jay Cutler 2.0, and some people think we were one game away from the Super Bowl... We were as close to the Super Bowl as the Dallas Cowboys were last year. The Cowboys had a better offense than the Packers and their QB posted superior numbers than ours did last year. Some of you all kid your selves into believing that Aaron Rodgers is a great QB. His career is now 1-3 in NFC championship games where he has disappeared twice despite superior leads, and then this last loss was him looking like an inferior QB that didn't even belong on the field in an NFL game.

The God QB that deserves to make $10 million more than Tom Brady eating up the salary of another offensive weapon is supposed to be so good that it doesn't matter who he throws the ball too. He is going to make them super stars. Well the previous two years he was hurt, so the whole team tanks because he is the 3rd highest player in football, and this year he finally got a new coach, he has a running game, and finally a decent defense, he is healthy the whole year, and what is the excuse. Not enough offensive weapons. He couldn't read a blitz against San Francisco. He fumbled the ball 3 times. He threw two interceptions. He hit the defenders in the back of their jerseys in that game. He threw the ball to our receivers feet. The third highest paid player in the NFL.

How do you think we get to the 1 seed when the last week of the regular season we struggled against the Detroit Lions? The Detroit Lions were 3-12-1 and we barely eeked by with a 23-20 vicotry against one of the worst teams in the NFL. We were down 17-3 at the half. We were down 20-13 in the third quarter. Please tell me how much of a power house the Green Bay Packers were, losing to the Detroit Lions with a home field game and a bye on the line losing to one of the worst teams in the NFL last year. Everyone was healthy and everyone was playing. Aaron Rodgers posted a 35.9 QBR that game as well. Aaron Rodgers is not a top 20 QB any more. Sorry to break it to you. It is reality.

Yes. Rodgers is 1-3 in NFC championship games. We have made excuses about the run game, the defense, the coach. Everyone but Rodgers. This last loss it was all Rodgers. 100% Rodgers. Watch the game and tell me where he wasn't the problem. He looked like Jay Cutler just panicking, fumbling, throwing horrid passes, like a chicken with his head cut off. He didn't look like a QB that you make the 3rd highest paid player in the NFL. He looked like a QB who couldn't lead a team to a Super Bowl, and what is worse, he looked like a QB that didn't really care if he won or lost.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

If the Packers were 5th. in YAC it is because of Rodgers not depitie him because none of the receivers is at all noted for causing defenders to miss tackles. What that means is Rodgers is hitting receivers who have separation and is disinclined to throw to those who do not. This team needs a physical component at TE or WR, somebody who can actually break a tackle and get YAC on his own.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, worst team from the worst division. We’re all shams here in the north. Shoulda been the Saints and Seattle lol

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge wall of text eh? Alright then it's been awhile since I've went into full debate mode. This should be fun.

The experts thought that the Chcicago Bears was the best in the division, and that the Detroit Lions were on their way up. Minnesota at second best leaves the Green Bay Packers at last in the division back then. We played the worst division n the NFC East for 4 games. We played Denver, Chargers, Raiders, and Kansas City, only one of those teams was a contender and we played them when they were without their MVP QB. The Chargers embarassed us. Philadelphia embarassed us. Detroit about embarassed us. Please name the fully healthy playoff team that we beat convincingly during the season. You can't name that team because it never happened.
So let me get this straight, because I'm not fully grasping the point you're trying to make with your starting sentence. By your first sentence alone, you proved my point in regards that The Packers did in fact have a tougher schedule, especially considering the factors such as a new coach, new system, inexperienced receivers, Rodgers coming back from an injury, and the difficulties in regards to our opponents improved. Plus let's also bring up the fact that you failed to mention that The Chargers along with KC were previous playoff teams from last year, along with Dallas, and Philly was a formidable opponent. As for the opponents goes:

1. How did Philly embarrass us when they barely beat us? So if according to your logic if the opposing team scores multiple points against us they embarrassed us? That's interesting logic, if we go by that same logic, then NO got "embarassed" far more than us as they've played several games in which they gave up 24 or more points.

2. You keep bringing up how KC played without Mahomes, and yet you CONTINUE to ignore the fact that had he played and "lost" I guarantee, people like yourself would've used his injury as an excuse, even though Matt Moore did pretty well in that game and honestly did enough for them to win. Plus again you negate the fact that A. KC had the better offensive weapons, had HFA, and had the better head coach who's made a career of being a quarterback whisperer.

3. As for us beating a playoff team convincingly, tell you what, name another playoff team besides San Fran's win over us, that beat another playoff team convincingly. That fact that you're putting a lot of stock in regards to how we win in the regular season is questionable. Everyone knows that the postseason is a different animal all together, don't believe me, ask NO and Baltimore how things went for them in spite of their "regular season success." Bottomline: At the end of the day, it's all about winning. That's all that matters. You want to see huge leads and "decisive" wins, I suggest you go watch college football.

Matter of fact since KC are the Super Bowl Champs, tell me what game against a playoff team they've won decisively in the regular season? I'm looking at their schedule and the fact of the matter is that they've certainly won "ugly" as well. I will wait.

All of our wins were ugly. Every single one of them. Had Seattle been healthy we would have been one and done. Had Detroit, Minnesota, or Kansas City been healthy we would have been 10-6 or 11-5 and lost in the first round. Aaron Christ Rodgers posted a 21.9 QBR in the NFC championship. The third highest paid player in the whole NFL amongst all positions played a horrid game. He fumbled the ball 3 times, threw two interceptions, looked like Jay Cutler 2.0, and some people think we were one game away from the Super Bowl... We were as close to the Super Bowl as the Dallas Cowboys were last year. The Cowboys had a better offense than the Packers and their QB posted superior numbers than ours did last year. Some of you all kid your selves into believing that Aaron Rodgers is a great QB. His career is now 1-3 in NFC championship games where he has disappeared twice despite superior leads, and then this last loss was him looking like an inferior QB that didn't even belong on the field in an NFL game.

At this point all you're doing is arguing what if scenarios that you have no evidence of backing up or proving. and Bottomline is we won. So let me get this straight, what piece of evidence do you have that had Seattle been healthy, they would've beaten us? Matter of fact I'm curious to how you've drawn that conclusion with Minnesota and Detroit considering we've BEATEN them both times when they were healthy, and the funny thing is when we played Detroit we were WITHOUT key players on both sides of the ball! So I fail to see how you've drawn that conclusion. Matter of fact the same applies when we beat KC now when I think about it! :laugh:

Every team has injuries, and yes some players are more crucial than others, but don't give me these fantasy what ifs. I've already explained how KC had more than enough to win, and you have no way of proving that Seattle would've beaten us at full strength. Every team plays hurt dude.

As for Rodgers in The NFC Championship game, as I said before Rodgers played horrible, but let me ask you a serious question, who would've played better under those circumstances? The only person you can make an argument for is Mahomes, and honestly I don't think he would've fared any better. The difference is that he has the better weapons, and head coach. I'm not gonna sit here and argue semantics over the fumbles and ints because I already said that Rodgers played poorly, but like I said EVERYONE played poorly outside of Adams.

The God QB that deserves to make $10 million more than Tom Brady eating up the salary of another offensive weapon is supposed to be so good that it doesn't matter who he throws the ball too. He is going to make them super stars. Well the previous two years he was hurt, so the whole team tanks because he is the 3rd highest player in football, and this year he finally got a new coach, he has a running game, and finally a decent defense, he is healthy the whole year, and what is the excuse. Not enough offensive weapons. He couldn't read a blitz against San Francisco. He fumbled the ball 3 times. He threw two interceptions. He hit the defenders in the back of their jerseys in that game. He threw the ball to our receivers feet. The third highest paid player in the NFL.

Good lord...We freaking made it to the NFC Championship in our FIRST YEAR under a new head coach, and you yourself has admitted that The Packers weren't even the favorites to win their division. So which one is it exactly? You complain about how we won ugly in the regular season and didn't have decisive wins, but then our team lead by our QB takes us into a deep playoff run, and somehow he's overpaid? So who exactly other than Mahomes should be paid more than him? Wilson? Brees? Watson? As for San Fran's defense, because I didn't bring this up earlier, as I recall that was the same defense that was giving Mahomes fits as he also threw 2 ints that game, the difference is San Fran decided to abandon the run in which KC players went on and ADMITTED afterwards that they were glad they did because they had no answers for it. Keep in mind Rodgers in spite of his poor performance did manage to bring the game back, unfortunately the defense couldn't hold San Fran's running attack. So let's not pretend that SF's defense doesn't give opposing teams headaches. Mahomes didn't have a good game either.

How do you think we get to the 1 seed when the last week of the regular season we struggled against the Detroit Lions? The Detroit Lions were 3-12-1 and we barely eeked by with a 23-20 vicotry against one of the worst teams in the NFL. We were down 17-3 at the half. We were down 20-13 in the third quarter. Please tell me how much of a power house the Green Bay Packers were, losing to the Detroit Lions with a home field game and a bye on the line losing to one of the worst teams in the NFL last year. Everyone was healthy and everyone was playing. Aaron Rodgers posted a 35.9 QBR that game as well. Aaron Rodgers is not a top 20 QB any more. Sorry to break it to you. It is reality.
Didn't SF barely beat Seattle that same week, if not for a none PI call, and Carrol being an idiot (yet again)? I seem to recall KC making it to the Superbowl with the 2 seed. You seem to put a lot of stock into QBR, which again is a bs stat. If it was that good then guys like Dak would've made it to the playoffs and have a winning record right? I had to bold that just to make sure I read that right. I think we're done here. If you truly believe that what you said then there's really nothing more to be said. Name 20 other QBs that are better than Rodgers.

Yes. Rodgers is 1-3 in NFC championship games. We have made excuses about the run game, the defense, the coach. Everyone but Rodgers. This last loss it was all Rodgers. 100% Rodgers. Watch the game and tell me where he wasn't the problem. He looked like Jay Cutler just panicking, fumbling, throwing horrid passes, like a chicken with his head cut off. He didn't look like a QB that you make the 3rd highest paid player in the NFL. He looked like a QB who couldn't lead a team to a Super Bowl, and what is worse, he looked like a QB that didn't really care if he won or lost.
So Rodgers was responsible for the defense giving up over 300 yards to a 3rd string RB and making him look like the second coming of Jim Brown? You know what? I got nothing to say if that's truly the conclusion you've drawn. I'm just gonna say I respectfully disagree completely.

Reaction score

The bigger problem that posters like you seem to ignore is that it takes more than a QB to Win a Championship game. You keep mentioning his 1-3 Championship record, yet it was largely the Defense that we have poured resources in for a decade now, only to be humiliated for 200+ first half rushing yards. If I recall, Aaron Rodgers doesn’t play Defense.
Also, in 2014 all GB had to do was recover an onside Kick, yet the ST breakdown causes a Loss. Did Aaron Rodgers affect that play also?

Had Aaron Rodgers had just 70% of the FA and draft resources thrown at this Defense going back a decade, GB just might have established a counter ground attack enough to force an Aerial shootout. Yet he has had just 1 Receiver with any real level of recent historical consistency. Which other WR besides Davante Adams has proven that they belong as a true #2?? Or even #3???
GB has a #1 WR and a stable of #4’s at WR as of close of business. Double Adams and you have non true threat outside of him. And please don’t tell me it’s Graham, he’s a joke for 10Mil annual.

When you go up against a great front 4, you just have to have more underneath weapons. You need a Slot Receiver and a formidable TE that can repeatedly punish you in the short to intermediate, but with superior YAC ability. We don’t have either player at either position. Most elite teams have both covered, plus a backup depth player that is better than GB’s #2 option. Some have 4 guys to our ZERO. Not even Joe Montana could work with what we’ve currently got. He’d be running for his life.

Im just imagining what type TD # and yards # Rodgers would have with a true #2 Receiver? Then a quality veteran #3 (Cobb/Driver type) Slot?
and a true #1 TE??
5000 yards??
35 TD’s?
65%
I wouldn’t be far off that estimate.

You get what you pay for. GB hasn’t taken this Offense Receiver personnel seriously for what is approaching a decade. I pray it’s not too late.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bigger problem that posters like you seem to ignore is that it takes more than a QB to Win a Championship game. You keep mentioning his 1-3 Championship record, yet it was largely the Defense that we have poured resources in for a decade now, only to be humiliated for 200+ first half rushing yards. If I recall, Aaron Rodgers doesn’t play Defense.
Also, in 2014 all GB had to do was recover an onside Kick, yet the ST breakdown causes a Loss. Did Aaron Rodgers affect that play also?

Had Aaron Rodgers had just 70% of the FA and draft resources thrown at this Defense going back a decade, GB just might have established a counter ground attack enough to force an Aerial shootout. Yet he has had just 1 Receiver with any real level of recent historical consistency. Which other WR besides Davante Adams has proven that they belong as a true #2?? Or even #3???
GB has a #1 WR and a stable of #4’s at WR as of close of business. Double Adams and you have non true threat outside of him. And please don’t tell me it’s Graham, he’s a joke for 10Mil annual.

When you go up against a great front 4, you just have to have more underneath weapons. You need a Slot Receiver and a formidable TE that can repeatedly punish you in the short to intermediate, but with superior YAC ability. We don’t have either player at either position. Most elite teams have both covered, plus a backup depth player that is better than GB’s #2 option. Some have 4 guys to our ZERO. Not even Joe Montana could work with what we’ve currently got. He’d be running for his life.

Im just imagining what type TD # and yards # Rodgers would have with a true #2 Receiver? Then a quality veteran #3 (Cobb/Driver type) Slot?
and a true #1 TE??
5000 yards??
35 TD’s?
65%
I wouldn’t be far off that estimate.

You get what you pay for. GB hasn’t taken this Offense Receiver personnel seriously for what is approaching a decade. I pray it’s not too late.
I'm just having trouble wrapping my mind that there are actually people that truly believe there are 20 Qbs better than Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm just having trouble wrapping my mind that there are actually people that truly believe there are 20 Qbs better than Rodgers.

Many of those people also think....
  • If Rodgers were traded today, the Packers would be able to free up a ton of cap space.
  • The Packers will just use a draft pick to instantly find their next FHOF QB.
  • Trading Rodgers, who in theirs eyes is average, will net the Packers a bunch of quality draft picks.

Members online

Latest posts