Possible Addition to the Packers

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
PackerLegend said:
LoL the truth is that well aimed 9 yarder by Sanders is not well aimed. He has almost no accuracy because he shanks about everything.The only reason he is on our team is because we have yet to get over the fact that we wasted, well Soon to be entered in the Head Coach Hall Of Fame, The Shermanator wasted a 3rd round pick on a kid who cant punt.

First of all, Mike Sherman did more for the Packers than you ever will. So show some damn respect to a man that gave all his time and effort into trying to get the Packers to a championship.

Secondly, I have it from a source that Sanders struggle last year was mainly due to playing too much, and having less than adequate machines that allowed him to gain back some of the muscle mass he lost in his leg. Furthermore, I was told Sanders problem is specifically trying to do too much while punting. Sanders tries to put spin on the ball, have it go really high, have it go really far, and to have it go in a very specific direction. I'm told that he simply can't do all that he wants to do while punting, and still hasn't learned how to concentrate on the fundementals of kicking.

B.J. Sander no s :)

Sherman gets A for effort. Thats it tho

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Secondly, I have it from a source that Sanders struggle last year was mainly due to playing too much, and having less than adequate machines that allowed him to gain back some of the muscle mass he lost in his leg. Furthermore, I was told Sanders problem is specifically trying to do too much while punting. Sanders tries to put spin on the ball, have it go really high, have it go really far, and to have it go in a very specific direction. I'm told that he simply can't do all that he wants to do while punting, and still hasn't learned how to concentrate on the fundementals of kicking.

it's a tough business aadp. excuses like those don't travel well when it comes to job security in the NFL.

this is the world's smallest violin playing just for BJ Sander.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After seeing TT blow most of our cap space on a player who hasn't played much lately due to injury (Woodson), while still ignoring most every other position on the roster I'm surprised TT hasn't jumped all over Rouen and given him a $20 million contract yet.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Lare said:
After seeing TT blow most of our cap space on a player who hasn't played much lately due to injury (Woodson), while still ignoring most every other position on the roster I'm surprised TT hasn't jumped all over Rouen and given him a $20 million contract yet.

I'm not surprised. There is a reason why the NFC Champs let him go. We have a punter who is doing very well, mind you, without pads, but still doing very well. I do believe Ted was with the Seahawks when Rouen was there and maybe he knows something about him. Or maybe they are discussing something behind closed doors. We don't know whats going on, yet.

How did Ted blow most of our cap space? To my knowledge (which is not perfect by any means) we won't be taking too much of a hit in the cap area this year that we can not afford to. I believe its around $10 million which was for his signing bonus and something else. I'll look into it.

Here's some info on this contract.
PFT.com said:
NO SIGNING BONUS FOR WOODSON

A league source tells us that cornerback Charles Woodson's contract with the Packers includes a signing bonus of . . . zero dollars, zero cents.

The reason for the team's decision not to pay Woodson has less to do with his skill and more to do with the fact that the Packers have plenty of cap room for 2006. By funding Woodson's first-year pay through a roster bonus and base salary, $10.5 million can be handed to him with no proration in future years.

As a practical matter, this makes it easier for the Packers to cut ties with Woodson in any future season, since there would be no acceleration due to the portion of the signing bonus that applies to future years.

We're also told that, although the deal is being characterized as a seven-year, $52 million arrangement, it is as a practical matter a three-year, $18 million package. Depending on Woodson's performance, he could be gone by 2007 or 2008.

Not a huge deal, but not bad for an aging, injury-prone cover man as to whom only one other team expressed serious interest.

I was wrong. No signing bonus at all. His cap hit (per the cap link on this site) for this year is $6,575,997 out of a cap space of over $20 million.

NFLPA.com said:
Salary History
  • 2006 $1,500,000.00
    2007 $1,250,000.00
    2008 $3,250,000.00
    2009 $4,000,000.00
    2010 $5,000,000.00
    2011 $5,500,000.00
    2012 $6,500,000.00

This site's info or NFLPA.com. Your choice. (NFLPA has Woodson's number as 24 if that helps you decide)

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy was a long time punter in Denver if I recall so he has a record as a bad weather punter which would be good. Also Ingle Martin was a pretty good punter in college.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be awesome someday (in a few years down the road) to have Ingle Martin as the starting QB and punter??? Wow, talk about getting more bang for the buck! <sarcasm abounds>

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts