Plays that should be wastebasket material

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
~ Inside Dive to Kuhn

I mean seriously, this play is on tape about 20 times this year and we can't have more than a 25% success rate on it. It worked at first, but teams expect it now, and have for months. We even tried it two times in a row on the goal line. I'd rather have Johnson at fullback, Kuhn/Nance at tailback and power it that way.

Any others you can think of?

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~ Inside Dive to Kuhn

I mean seriously, this play is on tape about 20 times this year and we can't have more than a 25% success rate on it. It worked at first, but teams expect it now, and have for months. We even tried it two times in a row on the goal line. I'd rather have Johnson at fullback, Kuhn/Nance at tailback and power it that way.

Any others you can think of?

Absolutely agree with this one. I am not a fan of the empty backfield sets with Flynn in. Shouldn't be a problem now... I would also like to see more bootlegs run in the red zone. It gives Aaron a chance to use his mobility to create throwing lanes, and also gets more DB's looking in the backfield (ala Jordy Nelson ATL, granted it was a busted play).

A play that I did really enjoy was the shotgun formation counters to Jackson. NE helped by setting up outside the tackles with their ends, but it was really effective cutting back against the grain all night.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
These play action, fades to quarless, have got to stop lol. I think I've seen it 3 times, and it never works.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
These play action, fades to quarless, have got to stop lol. I think I've seen it 3 times, and it never works.
Throwing to Quarless at all has to stop. If he's not fumbling it, he's dropping it.

And yes, everyone, I remember how crappy Finley was his rookie season. I think Quarless could get better. But for right now he's useless.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think MM needs to boot up Madden 11 and have a look at the Packers playbooks! Some great plays there he could run ;)

I'd probably scrap the FB dive also

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drop any of the 3rd and short runs until we get a line that can block.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Throwing to Quarless at all has to stop. If he's not fumbling it, he's dropping it.

And yes, everyone, I remember how crappy Finley was his rookie season. I think Quarless could get better. But for right now he's useless.

+1
Catchless Quarless should have been benched after his Detroilet fumble which he excused away as the other guy making a great play.

Rockhead.

:chisux:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts