Playoff run

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very tenative, lots of 2nd guessing, and running game isn't doing anything. It's a good recipe. add to it a defense in which on any one play it seems only 4-5 guys look like they're actually playing with any energy, i'm surprised it's not worse

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very tenative, lots of 2nd guessing, and running game isn't doing anything. It's a good recipe. add to it a defense in which on any one play it seems only 4-5 guys look like they're actually playing with any energy, i'm surprised it's not worse
Doesn’t matter if they do happen to come back and beat the Browns in this one..there MUST be wholesale changes in GB after this season..I agree Mondio...they look totally uninterested in playing..making preseason mistakes 14 weeks into the season is an indictment of the ENTIRE organization..we are unfortunately stuck with Hundley now..nobody is going to want him after he ***** up his opportunity..I pray they sit AR if they lose this one

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if they do happen to come back and beat the Browns in this one..there MUST be wholesale changes in GB after this season..I agree Mondio...they look totally uninterested in playing..making preseason mistakes 14 weeks into the season is an indictment of the ENTIRE organization..we are unfortunately stuck with Hundley now..nobody is going to want him after he ***** up his opportunity..I pray they sit AR if they lose this one

Holding Aaron Rodgers out would be stupid. When he comes back, the whole team will be more inspired to win and stop giving up on plays. He will give us a spark to hopeful/ly end the season on a high note. With #12 on the field, there will be no more "going through the motions" crap. That is what we want as Packers fans, not a losing culture and tanking.

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It takes AR on the field for the team to not go through the motions? Don’t you see a problem with that? If anything,everyone needs to step it up and contribute and if you happen to have players that aren’t giving their all then you get rid of them. I don’t think anyone is going through the motions but they sure weren’t ready to play today and if they do pull this one out then by all means you want AR back in the saddle. I would love to see AR play again this year but if they have no chance at the playoffs why would you risk it? But I really think if he gets through his scan with good news this week he will not let anyone tell him he’s sitting for the rest of the year and will definitely play

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of possibilities for Packers to make playoffs assuming they win out...

As for this afternoon, root for:

Eagles over Rams
Jaguars over Seahawks

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN playoff machine is not accurate with tiebreakers. It shows Green Bay losing out on tiebreaker to Seattle if all of the packers, panthers, Seahawks, and cowboys were 10-6. That’s not correct. Green Bay beat Seattle and Dallas already, and will have to beat the panthers to be 10-6.

Just a heads up to anyone using it...not accurate. Green Bay is actually pretty good with tiebreakers.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
ESPN playoff machine is not accurate with tiebreakers. It shows Green Bay losing out on tiebreaker to Seattle if all of the packers, panthers, Seahawks, and cowboys were 10-6. That’s not correct. Green Bay beat Seattle and Dallas already, and will have to beat the panthers to be 10-6.

Just a heads up to anyone using it...not accurate. Green Bay is actually pretty good with tiebreakers.
Play with this one and see what happens:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/upshot/nfl-playoff-machine.html

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That one is correct. Shows Green Bay gets in if they are tied with Seattle, Dallas, and Panthers. Nice Packers have tiebreakers over all those teams. (Assuming we win out haha)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That one is correct. Shows Green Bay gets in if they are tied with Seattle, Dallas, and Panthers. Nice Packers have tiebreakers over all those teams. (Assuming we win out haha)
Any idea what would happen if it's LA instead of Seattle? I think in that scenario it would go to conference record, which GB should have.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers definitely received some help today.

As I detailed in the shoutbox this afternoon, the Packers have quite a few ways to make it to the playoffs. Again, all of this is contingent on the Packers running the table and finishing 10-6. With that said, lets also assume:

Vikings win the North
Eagles win the East (I think they clinched)
Saints win the South

In the West, it will be either the Rams or Seahawks as the division champ. The other team will have an opportunity to make it in as a wild card team. The Packers would hold the tie breaker over the Seahawks with its week 1 victory over them. To pass the Seahawks, the Packers would need for them to lose 1 of its last 3 (Rams, @Cowboys, Cardinals).

The Packers would also hold the tie breaker on the Rams based on conference record. So as far as tie breakers go with the West teams, the Packers are in the driver's seat. To pass the Rams, the Packers would need them to lose 2 of its last 3 (@Seattle, @Titans, 49ers).

Now, with the South teams, the Packers do not hold the tie breaker over the Falcons. So the Packers will need for the Falcons to lose 2 of the next 3 (@Bucs, @Saints, Panthers) to pass them. However, it's not 100% necessary to pass the Falcons, as both the Falcons and Packers could be the two teams to occupy the wild card spots.

With the Panthers, a win next week is absolutely necessary for the Packers to have a realistic shot at the playoffs. Then, the Panthers would need to lose 1 of its last 2 (Bucs, @Falcons).

The above teams are all the Packers need to be concerned with. What the Lions do is of no consequence to the Packers. What the Cowboys do is of no consequence to the Packers.

So, the most realistic path I have for the Packers to make it is the following:

Packers win out
Seahawks lose one more game, meaning they'll finish no higher than 10-6.
Panthers lose the Packers, and one more to either the Bucs or Falcons.

^ that simple scenario seals it. Packers would be in. No questions asked.

Last thing: A VERY unlikely scenario, but not impossible, includes the Vikings losing its last three, meaning the Packers win the division. The Vikings last 3 games are: Bengals, @Packers, Bears.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went with lose next week and win the last two because those are the most realistic expectations. The result is only 5 percent chance of making it.

We already know we pretty much have to win out. And I'll bet Rodgers can outscore Newton at Lambeau every time.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We already know we pretty much have to win out. And I'll bet Rodgers can outscore Newton at Lambeau every time.

Under normal circumstances, maybe, but Rodgers coming off 8 weeks of injury plus the Panthers putting up 31 points on the Vikings defense doesn't make for an ideal scenario.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean we are all very optimistic I hope we can get in but winning out is gonna be extremely tough... the toughest is Carolina I think we take Minnesota but idk even with Rodgers back he hasn’t played in two months and the way our defense is I don’t see us winning out I think we all assume we are cuz Rodgers is back but it all starts with Carolina if he is cleared to play

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I went with lose next week and win the last two because those are the most realistic expectations. The result is only 5 percent chance of making it.
The Packers almost certainly have to win out. That's the assumption I'm going to be operating under until we lose a game.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
If the Packers win out, I think they make it in because all that has to happen is:

Seattle looses to any ONE of the Rams, Cowboys and Cardinals (likely the Rams)
and
The Saints beat the Falcons at home (likely) OR the Bucs beat either the Panthers or Falcons (unlikely- but divisional games are always a crap shoot).

I think it is very likely the Rams beat Seattle and the Saints beat the Falcons. I think if the Packers win out, it will be more UNLIKELY that they do not get into playoffs. Three weeks ago I put $100 on an 80:1 bet the Packers win the Super Bowl. So maybe I am speaking of extreme bias. BUT if they win out, they will have beat two of the best teams in the NFC. With Carson Wentz unfortunately likely out of the season, if the Packers beat Carolina and the Vikings with Aaron Rodgers, I think they will have a chance in any playoff game.

But for now...on to Carolina. My flight leaves Friday and I want nothing more than to personally observe a Cam Newton freak out live.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to see us win our games, I still think its a longshot of making it into the playoffs. I don't think we get very far if we do make it in, but we all know with 12 we have a chance. Don't get me wrong I'm hoping for the best, but at Carolina, Viks, at Detroit is tough enough without what other teams do.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Greenbay won it's last Superbowl, we had to win out, have a lot of help from other teams losing, play the #1,#2,#3 seeds to get there.....

This scenario seems easy in comparison. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts