Playoff run

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I think a falcons win on monday officially ends our playoff chances.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn't beat Carolina the last time we played them, with Rodgers healthy. They have a defense that can at least slow down our offense, if not stop it. They're strong on both sides of the ball, which is what we need.

It's a shame, because this team got off to a good start at 4-1. On the other hand, there are some up and coming teams in the NFC, like the Rams, Eagles, and Vikings. To go along with the more established teams like the Seahawks, Panthers, Falcons, Cowboys, and Saints. Even the Lions are 8-6 right now. We are in danger of falling behind.

All these years of picking late in the round, and having to spend/waste our best picks on defense (to no avail) may be catching up with us.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn't beat Carolina the last time we played them, with Rodgers healthy. They have a defense that can at least slow down our offense, if not stop it. They're strong on both sides of the ball, which is what we need.

It's a shame, because this team got off to a good start at 4-1. On the other hand, there are some up and coming teams in the NFC, like the Rams, Eagles, and Vikings. To go along with the more established teams like the Seahawks, Panthers, Falcons, Cowboys, and Saints. Even the Lions are 8-6 right now. We are in danger of falling behind.

All these years of picking late in the round, and having to spend/waste our best picks on defense (to no avail) may be catching up with us.

The last time we played them was today. All previous meetings are irrelevant because every year is different.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last time we played them was today. All previous meetings are irrelevant because every year is different.
I see the point you're making, but I can't fully agree because tendencies exist. That's we usually beat the Bears, and the Patriots have just won their division for the 15th time in the last 17 years. Vegas uses past games to set odds. Maybe we don't match up that well with the Panthers. I'm actually beginning to actively dislike them, and seeing Cam Newton smirk.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the point you're making, but I can't fully agree because tendencies exist. That's we usually beat the Bears, and the Patriots have just won their division for the 15th time in the last 17 years. Vegas uses past games to set odds. Maybe we don't match up that well with the Panthers. I'm actually beginning to actively dislike them, and seeing Cam Newton smirk.

It is like the Jaguars never beat the San Diego Chargers, but worse because Jacksonville did not have playoff spots on the line during any of those losses. The Patriots keep winning division titles because they have had the same HC and QB for 17 seasons - 18 if you count 2000,. when Tom Brady was Drew Bledsoe's backup. So New England is a poor example. For all other NFL teams, win/loss trends are far less logical. It happens, but it shouldn't happen.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It is like the Jaguars never beat the San Diego Chargers, but worse because Jacksonville did not have playoff spots on the line during any of those losses. The Patriots keep winning division titles because they have had the same HC and QB for 17 seasons - 18 if you count 2000,. when Tom Brady was Drew Bledsoe's backup. So New England is a poor example. For all other NFL teams, win/loss trends are far less logical. It happens, but it shouldn't happen.
I believe Brady has a losing record playing in Miami. Is that a trend I can wager matchsticks on?