Players To Keep An Eye On

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are some players (soon-to-be UFA's) to keep an eye on after the dust settles:

Ryan Clark-S-Steelers (Turned down the latest offer from Pitt)

Antwaan Randle-El-WR/KR- Redskins (Cut from Washington)

Fred Smoot-CB-Redskins (Cut from Washington)

Lendell Betts-RB-Redskins (Cut from Washington)

O.J. Atogwe -S-Rams (Low tender from Rams)

Justin Fargas -RB-Raiders (Cut from Oakland)

Jamal Williams-DT-Chargers (Cut from San Diego)

Marlin Jackson-CB-Colts (Not tendered from Indy)

Rock Cartwright-RB-Redskins (Cut from Washington)

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smoot has a history of legal trouble, no way TT pursues him. However the rest of the players, I definitely can accept. I can't believe that the Rams only tendered Atogwe for a 3rd, I would jump on that deal if I was TT.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Atogwe is one of the more seriously underrated players in the NFL. I like him enough that he jumps up to #2 on my most wanted list, behind Sproles.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atogwe is one of the more seriously underrated players in the NFL. I like him enough that he jumps up to #2 on my most wanted list, behind Sproles.

He might become another Charles Woodson in terms of how the free agency plays out. Atogwe was a good player before suffering his season-ending injury. 31 other teams may pass up on because of his broken collarbone and the packers might end up actually giving up that 3rd rounder.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather have Atogwe over Clark, but I would like either because either is an upgrade. Want nothin to do with Smoot or Fargas

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he is not a free agent, but the starting left tackle for the Saints has a second round tender placed on him. I am kind of surprised by this. I thought Bushrod would have gotten a higher tender, 1st and 3rd, but our second round pick for an experienced left tackle who shut down Jarred Allen in the NFC championship game sounds pretty good to me.

Clifton is commanding a high salary, over 7 million a year. Why not take that money and spend it on a good young prospect with experience who has proven himself to a degree.

I see our O-line needs getting worse. Colledge is showing signs of an attitude problem and Spitz is no guarantee his back is good after surgery. Remember Justin Harrel was suppost to be 100% after his back surgery.

If we do not sign Tauscher, we definitely need a veteran O-lineman. Rookies are not going to help us at this point.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would def love to have atogwe over clark any day of the week but arent they both FS.. i dont see how this would help our team at all unless you think they can transition to SS