Pittsburg-Vikings

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At least, have the decency to admit that Favre still 'has it'. Then i might respect some of you guys a little more.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
what excuse? Favre did not cost us the game that ball was batted up in the air by Chester Taylor. Defense played well could of gone either way

Ummmmm not the int, wasnt his fault...The fumble..

Clearly he didnt feel the pressure and that was 7 points he gave them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
At least, have the decency to admit that Favre still 'has it'. Then i might respect some of you guys a little more.

you need to READ posts instead of skimming..

Just this week I told skol that Brett is having a MVP year

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SKOLEY,

First of all, I acknowledged Frasier's defensive game plan. Why do you continue to read my posts and comprehend only bits and pieces? You're either somewhat slow, or you intentionally look for trouble. I'd like you to work on completely "reading" and "comprehending" my posts, and then comment accordingly. No offense, but I spend a lot of time crafting my thoughts and would appreciate some thoughtfulness on your part. I don't believe that is too much to ask for, ok?

Now, I already laid out my argument about Favre's play and you chose only to respond to the screen pass. And, while it was a POOR call at that juncture of the game, it was nearly as poor execution. I'll admit I was watching the game on myP2P, so the quality isn't the greatest. It appeared that Brett's throw was high and to the inside of where Taylor was heading. This throw forced an awkward leap by Taylor and he could either have let it go, or attempt to make a play on the ball. I don't fault Taylor because who's to say where the ball would have ended up if Taylor chose not to attempt the catch?

Brett had some pressure on him today, no doubt. However, there were countless times he had plenty of time in the pocket. He appeared disheveled and hurried when there was no call for either. He's been in this position countless times in the past. I expect more confidence and leadership from him in this type of game.

But, there is no doubt I am very frustrated over this loss because it was a winnable game. After all, Pittsburgh is not the powerhouse many make them out to be and the road only gets tougher from here. This was the type of game that we'll see in the playoffs in terms of intensity, so to see a REAL lackluster showing in the running game and inefficiency in the passing game worries me from where I sit. I'd like to see Minnesota secure at least a first round bye for the playoffs and they still have every opportunity to do so, but today just made it that much more difficult.

We'll see how it unfolds, I guess.
the 4 ranked passing offense was held to 175 yards today so tell how us how bad our secondary is fellow hilda braid wearing Viking fan. They lose one game and you act like the season is lost. They outplayed the defending super bowl champs on their turf and we came up short. We all know your not a viking fan so please get real you have fooled nobody. Vikings packers next week will go along way to determine the fate but a loss on the road to an AFC team is expected much like when the pack travels there shortly. Who predicted the Vikings to win at PITT? Nobody so how did this really wreck their season? You clowns are still chaseing us and you act like the packers are the team to beat.LOL Hilarious

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Favre still is playing at a great level. He has been on top of his game and the vikings being 6-0 definitely is in part of favre's performance. The interception wasnt really one persons fault, Favre could have thrown it a little lower, chester could've caught it.

As long time said, favre didnt feel the pressure and that led to 7 points the other way. That fumble ended a nice drive that most likely would have put points on the board for the vikings instead of the steelers.

Overall it was a great game and in the end the victors were pittsburgh, it could've gone either way.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I didn't necessarily mean you, LT..

Some of the other guys here are being a little silly and it makes them sound bitter, and sucking on sour grapes...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
the 4 ranked passing offense was held to 175 yards today so tell how us how bad our secondary is fellow hilda braid wearing Viking fan. They lose one game and you act like the season is lost. They outplayed the defending super bowl champs on their turf and we came up short. We all know your not a viking fan so please get real you have fooled nobody. Vikings packers next week will go along way to determine the fate but a loss on the road to an AFC team is expected much like when the pack travels there shortly. Who predicted the Vikings to win at PITT? Nobody so how did this really wreck their season? You clowns are still chaseing us and you act like the packers are the team to beat.LOL Hilarious

Wow skol someone ELSE claiming you can not understand what you read...

Are you sensing a pattern?

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought you were at Lambeau today? So where did you watch the vikings Game? Your lying about one or the other. Anyway the pocket collapsed on him and the ball was batted away but I am sure you had a TV right next to you at Lambeau to see that. Same type deal with a guy by the name of Jared Allen but that wasn't Rodgers fault right? Funny how that works since the same results but in one case it was the QB's fault and in the other case it wasn't. Yeah you have us all convinced since if you were at the game like you said you would be I find it hard to believe you saw the vikings game too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't necessarily mean you, LT..

Some of the other guys here are being a little silly and it makes them sound bitter, and sucking on sour grapes...

If you have an issue with them, then report the post..

We will look at it and act accordingly..

Packer fan,or non Packer fan if it is warranted we will jump on it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought you were at Lambeau today? So where did you watch the vikings Game? Your lying about one or the other. Anyway the pocket collapsed on him and the ball was batted away but I am sure you had a TV right next to you at Lambeau to see that. Same type deal with a guy by the name of Jared Allen but that wasn't Rodgers fault right? Funny how that works since the same results but in one case it was the QB's fault and in the other case it wasn't. Yeah you have us all convinced since if you were at the game like you said you would be I find it hard to believe you saw the vikings game too.

Show me where I said I was at Lambeau? I know I said Iwas going to be at the Vik Pack game...

Show me where I claimed Rodgers was not to blame in the Viking game?

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow skol someone ELSE claiming you can not understand what you read...

Are you sensing a pattern?
WTF are you talking about? I have no clue what you are trying to say. So were you at the game or not? Did you watch the vikings game or were you at Lambeau? Stick to your story so we don't get confused. If your going to lie you might as well stick to the same story

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about? I have no clue what you are trying to say. So were you at the game or not? Did you watch the vikings game or were you at Lambeau? Stick to your story so we don't get confused. If your going to lie you might as well stick to the same story

LOL I have said a few times your reading comprehension is not the best

And WTF I NEVER said I was going to Lambeau today

ROFLLLLLLLLL

Care to show me where I said that

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As soon as they lose, it's immediately Favre's fault, right? OMG why didn't Favre do this? OMG why didn't Favre do that? OMG why didn't Taylor catch the ball or knock it down? Moot point either way, the blame doesn't fall to a single man.

Dude, the ball hit him RIGHT in the hands. No?

It hit him in a hand, but don't make it seem like it was an easy catch. Favre had plenty of time to deliver a soft pass to Taylor with no problems happening(probably). Go back and review the play and get back to me on this or just keep telling yourself it wasn't Favre's fault at all. Why would Taylor knock it down? He clearly had to try to catch the poorly passed ball rather then give up on that down and hope Favre throws a better ball to him next time.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre still is playing at a great level. He has been on top of his game and the vikings being 6-0 definitely is in part of favre's performance. The interception wasnt really one persons fault, Favre could have thrown it a little lower, chester could've caught it.

As long time said, favre didnt feel the pressure and that led to 7 points the other way. That fumble ended a nice drive that most likely would have put points on the board for the vikings instead of the steelers.

Overall it was a great game and in the end the victors were pittsburgh, it could've gone either way.
Ya think? since three plays earlier a TD was called back on a suspect call of tripping that no one in America saw.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think, and I might be wrong, he was talking about this:
I thought you were at Lambeau today? So where did you watch the vikings Game? Your lying about one or the other.
If you're gonna call someone a liar, at least have the balls to back it up once called back. Or at least edit them, so you can look better ;)

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It hit him in a hand, but don't make it seem like it was an easy catch. Favre had plenty of time to deliver a soft pass to Taylor with no problems happening(probably). Go back and review the play and get back to me on this or just keep telling yourself it wasn't Favre's fault at all. Why would Taylor knock it down? He clearly had to try to catch the poorly passed ball rather then give up on that down and hope Favre throws a better ball to him next time.
I am sure brett told him sorry I hit you in the hands after that play' I know Brett has been throwing INT's right and left this year. He has three and 2 of them wasn't his fault as one bounced off berrians hands also. His numbers were very solid today!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure brett told him sorry I hit you in the hands after that play' I know Brett has been throwing INT's right and left this year. He has three and 2 of them wasn't his fault as one bounced off berrians hands also. His numbers were very solid today!

I wish people wouldn't blame the int on Brett was not his fault

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think, and I might be wrong, he was talking about this:
If you're gonna call someone a liar, at least have the balls to back it up once called back. Or at least edit them, so you can look better ;)
Packer RS to the rescue! I am trembling as i type this. He tells me about how he knows brett favre so thats why he knows the vikings will fall apart because he got drunk with bretts brothers and some other garbage that he sent me in the 20 private messages/ that is strange enough but brett Favre had little to do with this loss and I watched the whole game and since the packers played at the same time i doubt you guys did.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer RS to the rescue! I am trembling as i type this. He tells me about how he knows brett favre so thats why he knows the vikings will fall apart because he got drunk with bretts brothers and some other garbage that he sent me in the 20 private messages/ that is strange enough but brett Favre had little to do with this loss and I watched the whole game and since the packers played at the same time i doubt you guys did.
Care to publish those private messages that I've send you? Would like to read them myself. I've edited you for namecalling, and if you read the rules (http://www.packerforum.com/welcome-packer-forum/15913-pf-policy-t-c-posting.html) you would know it's not tolerated.

Let's not resort to lies, shall we?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's all I was saying PackersRS, people want to excuse Favre for that one play, but he should be apart of the blame. The Vikequeens got a bad break as there were a few steelers up the field a couple of yards and the ball going right to Fox.

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Favre throws INT's left and right every year. Thats why he holds the record for most career INT's by a QB. That's just something you have to accept whether you may be a Favre fan, or a fan of the team he plays on. I used to joke when he'd throw a pick with my buddies (who weren't fans of him or gb) "Well he's gotta hold his record somehow"

He's a great qb because despite his picks he can usually offset them with game winning td's and lots of passing yards.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

No I never said I know or knew Brett Favre..Again reading comprehension

Said I got to know his business partner..Got to go to his house (the partner) and ended up drinking to much and he let me crash there..Woke up next morning as Scott Favre and Clark ( his best friend) were also in kitchen with me..they all got on a private plane to go to GB for ironically a Viking game party at Bretts steak house..

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is, if you're gonna say it's because of him that you won from SF, you gotta take that it was because of him you lost to Pittsburgh. I myself don't like those Black and White statements. But the fact is that Favre in this game generated directly 14 (12) Steelers points and 0 Vikings points. To me that's a bad game.

Members online

Latest posts