Pick ONE positional weakness for Offense/Defense/ST

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My fear is that the Stenavich loss will harm the OL development curve that we've grown accustomed to. Have a feeling the low-round to first or 2nd year starter was the handiwork of Stenavich and not necessarily of Gute uncovering late-round gems?
JMO but I think we have always over-rated our O line coaches. So we finally got a good one and he did not screw up people. In fact, he pretty much made them better. Hopefully, they can get another good O line coach. And Stenavich will still be checking out the O line I am sure. Just wish they (whoever they are) did not make such stupid mistakes in the biggest games by taking out a serviceable to good R tackle and putting him where he was not good.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be more concerned if Stenavich took a job elsewhere, but being promoted to OC for the Packers just means he will have more control over those lineman. ;)

I think the new OL coach, Luke Butkus has had enough time under Stenavich, as well as in his profession, I don't think we will notice much difference.

I was more worried when Campen left after the 2018 season. Funny thing is, Campen will be with his 4th team (Panthers) this season since leaving GB.

Amen it isn’t like he left

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point....he potentially is. Let's see what happens rest of the off season, cause honestly I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt they are even are able to sign MVS
I don't think GB would spend $10 mil on MVS, but then I don't think anyone would. A team with cap space might go to $8 mil/year on a 3 tear deal. As for talk of him being a #1 receiver, nah.

The Packers have to use their new found draft capital and cap space to pick up at least two solid WRs. The WRs left in FA aren't great, but better than anything we've got. Sign a guy like Sammy Watkins to a one year prove it deal and use pick #22 on a WR. As for Rodgers, he's probably gonna throw a few more pics this year. I don't care as long as we win.
In my opinion the Packers need a backup plan at right tackle aside of Nijman and some quality depth at guard as long as Jenkins won't be able to play.

There's no doubt that wide receiver is by far the position in most dire need of an upgrade.
I won't be surprised if they package some picks to move up and grab an NFL-ready WR. It depends on what they can do via trade (available FA WRs don't impress much). Seattle looks like they're rebuilding, trading Wilson, jettisoning Wagner. What would it take to get a guy like Metcalf? That's probably not doable but fun to think about.

Members online

Latest posts