Pick A Player

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:D This is a little game that I use in all of my forums. What happens is you list two current players of the same position. Then, the next person will say which one he would rather have. After choosing, write two more new ones.

Peyton Manning or Tom Brady

OP
OP
F

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba b/c he is a better all around player. But I have to admit, that time when Shockey leveled the Colt's player was awesome :tables: :new:

Randy Moss or Terrel Owens

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Champ Bailey - because right now he's at his prime at a reasonably young age. Ty Law's injury status is questionable right now.

Julius Peppers or Dwight Freeney

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peppers. Freeny is Freeny because Indy always is leading and he gets to play almost 100% pass rush without any threat of overcommitting and missing a tackle on a HB.

Drew Bennett or Andre Johnson?

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Restarting the rythm here...

Andre Johnson because he is better all around. Bennet has played 5 seasons and has only gotten 2558 receiving yards but in 2 years Andre Johnson has 2118 receiving yards. It may change this year because Drew will be the number 1 receiver but i'll stick with Andre.

LeRoy Butler or Ed Reed?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheezy said:
LeRoy Butler or Ed Reed?

two current players...although retired and current players would be fun too.

of course im taking butler...more of a leader on the field no question, mostly because Reed knows that Ray's the boss.

Priest Holmes(healthy) or LT?

OP
OP
F

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ladanian. He has scored in his last 12 games which is amazing. He is also a better receiver than priest.

Ray Lewis or Derrick Brooks

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheezy said:
Andre Johnson because he is better all around. Bennet has played 5 seasons and has only gotten 2558 receiving yards but in 2 years Andre Johnson has 2118 receiving yards.
I actually paired the two because their stats were really close this year,(except TDs where Bennett I believe almost doubled) this this Bennett's first year starting more than 8 games(16).

Anyways, back to the game...Ray Lewis.

Carson Palmer or David Carr?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Didn't read the rules - "but Pick A Player, I pick Barry Sanders"
Maybe you should..... instead of tossing in an irrelevant post and breaking the nice rhythm on the thread.
Agreed - And to top that off - a real man wouldn't be sloppin the message board up with that type of response to the ADMIN.... (Maybe he's lookin' to be banned for a spell.. who knows...)

Back on topic --- (Here's all the names posted so far.... and MHO)

Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?
Since the last SuperBowl? Tom Brady - Manning's a CHOKE Artist - I live in Indy...
Fred Taylor or Shaun Alexander?
Shaun would be the better pick - he's more durable -- I like Taylor, but he can't stay healthy...
Rodney Harrison or Ed Reed?
I'd have to go with Harrison on this one... his stats back him up!
Jeremy Shockey or Bubba Franks?
Bubba, definitely - But, don't ya wish we'd be able to match Shocker up opposite Franks, just for one season? Both of them playing together for the Packers...WOW!
Randy Moss or Terrel Owens?
Do I have to pick either one - they're BOTH "media darlings and what's more they know it... They should both be playing in Oakland.... :twisted:
Ty Law or Champ Bailey?
Ty Law's days are done, I'm thinkin' - but Champ Bailey has yet to "really prove himself" At this point, could his ability be just a flash in the pan?
Julius Peppers or Dwight Freeney?
I take Julius Peppers on this one! Exactly for the reasons stated previously - Good call!
Drew Bennett or Andre Johnson?
Andre Johnson - Can't explain why - just feel it in mah bones...!
LeRoy Butler or Ed Reed?
LeRoy who? While Butler might read this and become flattered to some extent... We need to stay current. Did you have someone else you'd post against Ed Reed? Bring it back and retry....
Priest Holmes(healthy) or LT (LaDamian Tomlinson)?
I'd take LT on this one - He was the one thing playing against SD that caused the Packers the MOST problems... and if not for a couple of timely plays on our part(?) The Packers could have very well lost that game... LT's the real deal!
Ray Lewis or Derrick Brooks?
Derrick Brooks! And that's for several reasons, not all which would be related just to football.... Brooks is a solid player all around.
Carson Palmer or David Carr?
Carson Palmer - turning into a pretty darn good NFL type....
Kris Jenkins or Corey Simon?
For the time being, it's gotta be Corey Simon... but we'll see!

My two players...?

Jake Plummer or Matt Hasselbeck?

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Hasselbeck - he would have better numbers if he had better receivers around him. Plus I think he's more consistent than Plummer.

Mike Alstott or William Henderson?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Matt Hasselbeck - he would have better numbers if he had better receivers around him. Plus I think he's more consistent than Plummer.

Mike Alstott or William Henderson?

Henderson, very unselfish, durable, how can you NOT love a FB hurdling people? You gotta pick him!

Chat Clifton or Orlando Pace?

LOREN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
too bad that with all these who would you rather haves

none are packers except for someone who compared second tier tight ends

what a shame, all that money spent on players, and this is what sherman leaves us for the future

lets play this game

name any packer in the top 10 at his position in the nfl

ok 4 and 30, and both are in their last year as a packer

maybe 88 is in the the 8th to 10th spot

and dont even say walker who seems to only get yards when the other team is well in control of a game

check out his almost 3 times as many yards in losses than in wins in games he started last year-- in basket ball they call that garbage points

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
monkeyracer43 said:
Michael Vick or Donovan McNabb?

easy for me, McNabb.

yeah yeah...Vick can take over a game with his mobility, and hes a great player. i just think a qb should be able to find his recievers. call me crazy.

right on for ignoring LOREN by the way. that guy is quickly getting on my nerves.

Chad Johnson or Anquan Bolden?

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOREN said:
and dont even say walker who seems to only get yards when the other team is well in control of a game

check out his almost 3 times as many yards in losses than in wins in games he started last year-- in basket ball they call that garbage points

Man, you are a cynical person. Walker is one of the best WR in the league. That point about yds. in losses, is not really valid. Walker had 200 yds in the loss to Indy, but they were hardly "laying off" him towards the end of the game because the Pack did have a chance of coming back. I also tallied up the numbers because you say he gets"3 TIMES AS MUCH IN LOSSES."

GB wins - 660 yds.
GB losses - 722 yds.

I also took the liberty to see if he dropped many passes last year:

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/pla ... &Submit=Go

3...3 DROPS! in 144 passes thrown to him. The guy is going to be a monster for years to come, IMO. One of the best in the league.

Sorry back to the topic:

Kearse right now because he is young and still a beast at DE.

Brian Dawkins or Darren Sharper...hehe?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Thank you wils0646 ... I coudln't have said it better about Walker. I'm stoked about the guy, I hope get him in my FF league this year.

I say Dawkins. From what I can recall Dawkins can HIT moving targets.

Edgerin James or Priest Holmes?

Staff online

Latest posts