PFF positional rankings

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is a perfect example. Favre and Rodgers made him look great at times. But how much of it was the chemistry, the QB, the system?
I will admit I don't rank him high, and he keeps slicing and dicing... But I think brady gets a top tier WR like Julio, or Thomas, and he is pushing 20TDs .......So who do you compare Edelman too? So I can understand better where you see him?

Well, I'm certainly not suggesting he's Julio Jones. I mean he's a slot receiver, so I'll compare him to another slot WR over the last 3 years (which is when Edelman has been in his "prime")...

You tell me which one you think Edelman is over the last 3 years...

Player A - 201 Rec- 2,549 Yds 22 TD's 12.8 YPC (38 games)
Player B - 258 Rec - 2,720 Yds 17 TD's 10.1 YPC (39 Games)

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I know Edelman is a quick shifty guy who can hurt you... But I give much of his production to Bradys masterful QB play... On another team he would fade away I bet...

That's true for a lot of wide receivers playing with elite quarterbacks though.

Well, I'm certainly not suggesting he's Julio Jones. I mean he's a slot receiver, so I'll compare him to another slot WR over the last 3 years (which is when Edelman has been in his "prime")...

Edelman isn't solely a slot receiver as he lined up there on only 51.2% of his snaps last season.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edelman isn't solely a slot receiver as he lined up there on only 51.2% of his snaps last season.

How did I know you'd come along and pokes holes in my reasoning?? :)

The way he plays would suggest he's much more of a slot receiver than outside though and my point was I'm certainly not suggesting he's in the Julio/Dez/AJ Green category.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

How did I know you'd come along and pokes holes in my reasoning?? :)

The way he plays would suggest he's much more of a slot receiver than outside though and my point was I'm certainly not suggesting he's in the Julio/Dez/AJ Green category.

Absolutely agree that Edelman isn't close to being in the same category as the guys you mentioned, just wanted to point out that he's capable of lining up on the outside as well.

JKJB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a fair evaluation of the Packers offensive line as the starters are excellent in pass protection and the team hopefully upgraded the backup tackle situation by drafting Spriggs and Murphy.
Stay healthy boys

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A

You tell me which one you think Edelman is over the last 3 years...

Player A - 201 Rec- 2,549 Yds 22 TD's 12.8 YPC (38 games)
Player B - 258 Rec - 2,720 Yds 17 TD's 10.1 YPC (39 Games)
A?

Latest posts