PFF positional rankings

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The star of this defensive front now is Mike Daniels, though even he saw his form dip after he signed his contract extension during the season"

Was this really the case? I thought he was great the whole year.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

"The star of this defensive front now is Mike Daniels, though even he saw his form dip after he signed his contract extension during the season"

Was this really the case? I thought he was great the whole year.

Daniels was the only elite player on the Packers defense last season, I don't agree with PFF that his firm dipped in 2015 either.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The front 7 ranking seems right as the two positions on the team with the most questions DL and Ilb are there. The secondary will grade out high. If the front 7 can move up into the top 15 the defense will be top 10 and in good shape

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

This is likely to cause some on this board to gnash their teeth and bare their fangs.

I think it's a fair evaluation of the Packers offensive line as the starters are excellent in pass protection and the team hopefully upgraded the backup tackle situation by drafting Spriggs and Murphy.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is likely to cause some on this board to gnash their teeth and bare their fangs.

And that's why I love it so much. I don't claim to know much about the Packers but I do know that the O-Line wasn't NEARLY as bad as some would have led you to believe.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

WOW, I do not agree with this. If they want to rank GB 8th fine but some of the teams ahead of them, absolutely no. Seattle? Washington? Hell even New England? I mean, there's one key variable with all 3 of those teams and that's a stud TE so how much weight is put on the TE vs. WR?

I guess Pro Football Focus put a lot of stock into last year's performance. There's no denying the Packers receiving corps struggled in 2015. I expect the unit to end up as one of the league's best this season though.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess Pro Football Focus put a lot of stock into last year's performance. There's no denying the Packers receiving corps struggled in 2015. I expect the unit to end up as one of the league's best this season though.

Sure, that's fine but the fact that Jordy will be back (and the rest of the group should be healthy), plus adding a field stretching TE I mean putting Seattle and Wash ahead of them is insulting. I honestly forgot NE added Marty B so I don't have as much an issue with them ahead anymore. :confused:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Sure, that's fine but the fact that Jordy will be back (and the rest of the group should be healthy), plus adding a field stretching TE I mean putting Seattle and Wash ahead of them is insulting. I honestly forgot NE added Marty B so I don't have as much an issue with them ahead anymore. :confused:

I agree that Washington's and the Seahawks' receiving corps shouldn't be ranked ahead of the Packers' entering this season. It seems that for whatever reason some other experts think highly about Washington's unit though.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000670759/article/ranking-the-nfls-four-best-receiver-groups

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It just seems like they are really undervaluing Jordy and what Jordy does for Cobb. It is fine though. This a top 5 group with one of the best qbs and a top 5 oline and pretty much a top 10 running back group. This offense should be elite

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

It just seems like they are really undervaluing Jordy and what Jordy does for Cobb. It is fine though. This a top 5 group with one of the best qbs and a top 5 oline and pretty much a top 10 running back group. This offense should be elite

While I agree the Packers offense is capable of performing at an elite level there's no doubt there are some question marks regarding the receiving corps entering this season.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW, I do not agree with this. If they want to rank GB 8th fine but some of the teams ahead of them, absolutely no. Seattle? Washington? Hell even New England? I mean, there's one key variable with all 3 of those teams and that's a stud TE so how much weight is put on the TE vs. WR?

Yeah, I disagree with 5 of the teams ahead of us.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, I disagree with 5 of the teams ahead of us.

I think part of the Packers fan base doesn't realistically assess the team's receiving corps. There's no doubt Green Bay has an elite receiver in Nelson (who is coming of a torn ACL though) and one of the best slot WRs in the league. Other than that there are question marks about every other pass catcher on the team. As of right now I don't consider the unit one of the best three in the NFL and #8 seems close to being accurate.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree the Packers offense is capable of performing at an elite level there's no doubt there are some question marks regarding the receiving corps entering this season.

Obviously and I know you cant act like last year didnt happen. However i see a lot of reason to trust the wr group with Jordy. He just makes everyone better. It is really the second outside wr that is a question. A lot of depth at the slot and te is improved

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Obviously and I know you cant act like last year didnt happen. However i see a lot of reason to trust the wr group with Jordy. He just makes everyone better. It is really the second outside wr that is a question. A lot of depth at the slot and te is improved

I agree that Nelson will make life easier for every other pass catcher on the team. I'm optimistic about Adams being able to bounce back as well as Cook finally being able to perform up to his potential with an elite QB but it's far from a given.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Nelson will make life easier for every other pass catcher on the team. I'm optimistic about Adams being able to bounce back as well as Cook finally being able to perform up to his potential with an elite QB but it's far from a given.

Yeah but if only one of cook or adams steps up this is easily a top end group. If both do i think it is likely the best in football