PFDL 2016 Off-Season Thoughts

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recognize your complaints, but if you want a certain D then you will need to trade for it. Just like if you wanted any other player. Dynasty is supposed to be the fan's version of running a franchise. In the real NFL the waiver is super thin. In our dynasty league the waiver is super thin. You need to trade, draft, or hope someone gets cut.

I think about things in an abstract way, my tossing out these suggestions IS NOT because I covet some player on another team. It is solely because I believe they will improve the competitiveness of the league.

EDIT: I'll just reiterate that I'm currently in possession of 3 D's so I'd have to drop one too to make the cut.

Last edited:

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But this isn't an IDP league. If people want that then they can create an IDP dynasty league.

I don't understand why you solicit ideas on perspective changes to the league for off-season voting from the owners then if you're always gonna reply basically saying: 'I'm against this and it will never happen in this league'.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I don't understand why you solicit ideas on perspective changes to the league for off-season voting from the owners then if you're always gonna reply basically saying: 'I'm against this and it will never happen in this league'.
I am asking what people want in terms of the league we are playing in. Such as Poppa's Taxi Squad. That fits into what we are playing in. Adding IDP's creates a whole different league. Adding a restriction on D's because you don't like how someone manages their roster, is just being a dictator.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am asking what people want in terms of the league we are playing in. Such as Poppa's Taxi Squad. That fits into what we are playing in. Adding IDP's creates a whole different league. Adding a restriction on D's because you don't like how someone manages their roster, is just being a dictator.

Yeah, I'm good. I don't really care if the the suggestions I've thrown out there are voted in or not. I am however, not cool with having ad hominems continuously slung at me for my ideas or having slanderous things said about my motivations for having those ideas. Peace.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Would be a good idea to list what you had in mind and let people vote/discuss those options. Will lead to more constructive discussions.
IDP is out of question for this league. That creates a colossal shift in how pretty much everything is done. Pretty much anything that would add to the league is game. The only reason I could foresee us taking something away/restricting it would be if something was being abused (like the trading system) or if something was broken (like the current division set up). We are reshifting the divisions after this season to make them more balanced.