Peyton Manning cuts down Favre!!!!

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone watch cold pizza today? Skip debated that Peyton Manning took a low blow on Brett, saying during the postgame that he has gotten to many passes just because he's one a superbowl...This is the whole reason I rooted for the bears I wanted peyton to never win the big one....He cuts down brett...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
confused?

Manning said Brett has got to many passes (excuses, free rides etc...) because Brett has won a SB?

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No not at all. In no way was Brett's name mentioned. All Peyton said was that he would try to avoid using the excuse "he won a super bowl, he gets a pass", which happened to a lot of other guys, most recently Ben Roethlisburger. He's talking about going into a slump the year after winning a super bowl. This doesn't really apply to Brett, as he went to the super bowl a year after winning one. Just more of Skip Bayless being an idiot...

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
confused?

Manning said Brett has got to many passes (excuses, free rides etc...) because Brett has won a SB?

Thats how I took it...and so did skip and greg anthony....It was pretty obvious he was talkin about brett...Manning said some thing to the extent of" Now that I have won a superbowl I dont want any passes...Some guys in the passed have won one and have get passes form it.....

However, skip said that is he had to win one game in the clutch he's pick brett before peyton..and He said Brett has had the better career obviously.....GO SKIP GO!!!!!

I can name about 3 guys who really get on my nerves today in television because they dismiss all brett has done... and thats Greene, Golic, and lastly the host of cold pizza...He was noddin his head to everything greg anthony was sayin about peyton being better than brett...

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No not at all. In no way was Brett's name mentioned. All Peyton said was that he would try to avoid using the excuse "he won a super bowl, he gets a pass", which happened to a lot of other guys, most recently Ben Roethlisburger. He's talking about going into a slump the year after winning a super bowl. This doesn't really apply to Brett, as he went to the super bowl a year after winning one. Just more of Skip Bayless being an idiot...

Bayless isnt an Idiot (in this situation, usually I also disagree with him) he was the only one backing Favre!!!

you're right he never mentioned names.....But both Greg Anthony and Skip took it that way...Aswell as myself.....

You really need to watch cold pizza Its kinda hard to explain....

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of which what ever happened to woody?...He was the only one I liked on the show.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never get too worked up over what the "talking heads" say. They have their opinion......they can be wrong if they want!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seems to me like peyton was talking about brett. greg anthony kept talking about how great peyton's qb rating is and how poor brett's is. that peyton has so few int's and brett has so many. i would like to see brett's numbers if he was surrounded with the offensive weapons that peyton has had to his disposal his entire career. i hope the colts start going downhill and then see what people have to say about peyton.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well lets say that it was meant for Favre.

My response to the great Peyton would be:

First: We put you outside in the cold instead of playing in 75 degree controlled climate all year.

Second: We slowly strip away your offensive firepower until you are playing with guys named Bradford and Shroeder

Third: We break your thumb and see if you can play the whole season with it.

Fourth: We saddle you a GM/coach that slowly dwindles your defense down to the laughing stock of the league.

And one more thing Peyton, Favre never needed any rule changes so his team could get to the big game.

When Peyton made his "get a pass comment", I knew exactly to whom he was referring, I didn't need the cold pizza guys to clue me in. It was a shot on Favre because Brett is the QB Peyton will be compared to. Any way you look at it, it was a pretty poor statement to make.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it easier to play qb inside than outside? Isn't it easier for the DB's to make cut's inside? THe receiver has the advantage outside. Also, the outside team should have the advantage on inside teams that go to the outdoor stadium. In other words, I don't think that it is an advantage.

What about the very good D that Brett had in the 90's? Peyton would probably love to have that. How about the O line that Brett played behind in his prime. He had all day to throw. RB's?

I think that stuff is all excuses that people are making. Brett's body of work doesn't need those excuses.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it easier to play qb inside than outside? Isn't it easier for the DB's to make cut's inside? THe receiver has the advantage outside. Also, the outside team should have the advantage on inside teams that go to the outdoor stadium. In other words, I don't think that it is an advantage.

What about the very good D that Brett had in the 90's? Peyton would probably love to have that. How about the O line that Brett played behind in his prime. He had all day to throw. RB's?

I think that stuff is all excuses that people are making. Brett's body of work doesn't need those excuses.

Brett's body of work doesn't need to be torn down by nitwits either. And when it is, it raises the anger of most Packer fans.

Are you actually saying that Peyton plays behind a crappy o-line. The same line that manhandled the vaunted Bears?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
What's the rule change you're talking about, DakotaT?

Defensive holding on D-backs was altered to open up the game. Coincidentally it was implemented the year after New England manhandled the Colts receivers all day in the AFC champinship game. You remember the game when Ahmad Carroll was a rookie and Slowit was the D coordinator?

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I thought Manning was talking about Trent Dilfer. I was getting confused.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of which what ever happened to woody?...He was the only one I liked on the show.

Are we about to say bye-bye to ESPN’s Cold Pizza’s program segment 1st and 10? Woody Paige (known here as Peckerwoody Paige) is leaving Cold Pizza and returning to the Denver Post. The prohibitive date for Paige’s return to Denver is December 1. However, Paige will continue to appear on ESPN’s afternoon show, Around the Horn.

http://dwil.wordpress.com/2006/11/03/espn-bye-bye-woody-paige-and-cold-pizza/

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definately agree that brett has never been surrounded by the type of players peyton has had, except when he had freeman, ryson, beebe, and chumura....But that only lasted for what 2-3 years....I love the packers to death but I really believe what hurt brett the most during the latter part of his career is that green bay has never been known as an oraganization to go out and get help......Only Once can I think of a time where they really spent it up to get a big time player...And by big time I mean arguable the best in the league...And thats when they got Reggie White....Other than that, they never sign or trade for big names...The last desent signing they had was when they got andre ryson, but when we got andre he was passed his prime, or at least on the downside of it.....LOL i dont think reggie white ever got outta his prime...

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

Brett's body of work doesn't need to be torn down by nitwits either. And when it is, it raises the anger of most Packer fans.

Are you actually saying that Peyton plays behind a crappy o-line. The same line that manhandled the vaunted Bears?

1. It's the National Football Conference Defending Champion Chicago Bears.
and
2. Please show me where I said anything about the Indy OLine being crappy. I will say now that the GB line for many years was better than Indy's line is currently. Feel free to quote me.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well lets say that it was meant for Favre.

My response to the great Peyton would be:

First: We put you outside in the cold instead of playing in 75 degree controlled climate all year.

Second: We slowly strip away your offensive firepower until you are playing with guys named Bradford and Shroeder

Third: We break your thumb and see if you can play the whole season with it.

Fourth: We saddle you a GM/coach that slowly dwindles your defense down to the laughing stock of the league.

And one more thing Peyton, Favre never needed any rule changes so his team could get to the big game.

When Peyton made his "get a pass comment", I knew exactly to whom he was referring, I didn't need the cold pizza guys to clue me in. It was a shot on Favre because Brett is the QB Peyton will be compared to. Any way you look at it, it was a pretty poor statement to make.

In the game against the Patriots he hit his thumb on one of the opponents helmets, he went to the sidelines and yelled for his backup QB to GET READY, that surely wouldnt have been Brett Favre, he would have said "I AM GOING BACK IN". Hes the toughest QB around, not many or any could have played with any of Bretts injuries. As for Peyton he did end up going back in but say his finger was broke like Bretts, then he surely wouldnt have. Peyton is a good QB but I dont think he stacks up anywhere near Brett FAvre, Brett Favre as a person, Brett Favre as a dedicated player.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have tossed and turned on Manning for the past couple of years. Love his ability to play and sometimes he looks amazing to say the least but it was actually my son that pointed out to me how whinny this guy can be at times.

Bottom Line - Manning may be loved by many, but he is no Brett !!!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
4thand26 said:

1. It's the National Football Conference Defending Champion Chicago Bears.
and
2. Please show me where I said anything about the Indy OLine being crappy. I will say now that the GB line for many years was better than Indy's line is currently. Feel free to quote me.

1. Excuse me, the weakest ever NFC with it's champion the Chicago Bears, who incidentally were embarrassed once again on their home field by the the reigning Bear killer, Brett Favre.

2. I took liberties with what you said about Brett having a great o-line and all day to throw. I don't believe Peyton has chopped liver out there now does he?

Members online

Latest posts