Peyton Hillis Visiting????

ARodsBelt12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to ESPN he's visiting with the Packers. I hope this is for no other reason than leverage for S-Jax, even with that I don't think we need S-Jax bad enough to be messing around like this, that being said all we can do is trust in TED!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah he's in town visiting.

I am not a fan but I also wouldn't lose my mind over acquiring him as he will be cheap

H

HardRightEdge

Yeah he's in town visiting.

I am not a fan but I also wouldn't lose my mind over acquiring him as he will be cheap

Of course he'll be cheap. He's a 3.5 yd. per carry guy when he's not running off Joe Thomas' a*s.

I cannot see this guy running behind a zone scheme.

So...short yardage, and he did catch 61 passes in 2010. A Kuhn replacement for less money is the only way this makes sense. Diddling around the edges.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The visit doesn't move my needle one way or the other. As posted on twitter and hypothesized here, I think it's more to try and spur a decision from Stephen Jackson than anything..

H

HardRightEdge

The visit doesn't move my needle one way or the other. As posted on twitter and hypothesized here, I think it's more to try and spur a decision from Stephen Jackson than anything..
Is there a reason to believe Jackson's agent is a moron?

In and of itself, it doesn't move my needle either. Hillis, Kuhn, toss a coin.

It's the diddling that's bothersome, in the vein of Muir, Hargrove and Merling, scrounging around in the vet minimum bin.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Hillis has not been the same and has been a nutcase since he appeared and one of the many people on the Madden curse thing.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm happy knowing we won't sign him. He was Cleveland's version of Finley, and he has our trademark hamstring issues. I like the guy well enough, but he's Kuhn's replacement at best.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The White Rhino

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I edited your post...Cant copy and paste as much as you did..Only a few sentences or a paragraph

longtimefan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyton_Hillis

Injuries thrust Hillis into the starting spot for the Week 3 game versus the Baltimore Ravens.
The result was a 144 yard (6.5 ypc) romp against the Ravens' staunch rushing defense, which allowed just 3.4 yards per carry in the 2009 season.

On December 12, 2010, Peyton Hillis went over the 1,000 yard mark on an 8 yard rush, that was preceded by a 25 yard rush. He became the first white running back since Craig James to rush for 1,000 yards in a single season.

The_Virus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This doesnt make much sense to me. Seems like this could be a whole "kicking the tires" sorta thing. maybe he isnt asking for much so they are willing to have a look. At the end of the day, id pass.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Peyton at one point was listed as a te/rb or fb...

Better blocking than Kuhn? Better at 3rd and short?

Only thing I can think of

Reaction score
If u think about it. This move would make sense. Not as a starter but a situational guy. We need someone big to run on 3rd and 1 and he could possibly serve as a backup Fb if Kuhn ever got hurt. Of course he would have to be a cheap option

H

HardRightEdge

If u think about it. This move would make sense. Not as a starter but a situational guy. We need someone big to run on 3rd and 1 and he could possibly serve as a backup Fb if Kuhn ever got hurt. Of course he would have to be a cheap option

Oh, he'll be cheap alright. If you're going to run him in short yardage, what do you need Kuhn for?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Hillis is a "one and done" guy. One good season and he has an under the radar name for himself, ever since he has been a lame turd. NO THANKS, HE IS NOT NEEDED HERE.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hillis is way better than John Kuhn is. It's not close.

That being said, I have heard that Hillis is NOT scheduled for a visit. That story was bogus.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Hillis is a lame duck. C'mon man, gimmie a break......the guy sat out for 2 WEEKS because he had the flu....wtf??? We had guys sick as dogs playing last season. Hillis's ***** waist little girl actions don't fit in at the Packers level. He can pull that crap on garbage teams like KC and the browns, but not here. The guy is a 3rd teir player. He wouldn't even be a consideration if it were up to me. The draft has more to offer than he does and would be cheaper.

*** Not to mention Hillis has been to Denver, Cleveland, KC and is now looking for his 4th team in what will be 6 years. If you are good, you don't bounce around that much. His playing NFL hopscotch is a testament that he does indeed suck donkey balls.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm amazed about how many people are concerned about resigning A-Rod and Matthews but are hyped to see us going after Steven Jackson? seriously?? how much money do you think he's going to want? now all of a sudden alot of ppl are on the "make a splash Ted" bandwagon. I'd love to have Jackson but another OLB, or DE is a bigger need.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts