Votes: 3 4.6%
  • He did a good job with what he had

Votes: 38 58.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardRightEdge

Is that really so bad though? If you lose the argument, you might as well take advantage of the new system to get what you want.
Of course. That's the pragmatisit's inductive approach, but I can't overlook the preceding ideological approach that was misguided and subsequently abandoned. The older I get the more I dislike ideology or philosophy of first principles.

Reaction score
I like Pettine to continue improving. I think we see him take a few better, more talented additions and take another leap forward

Bigmacjsy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine what the man could do with just one decent OLB that can actually get to the QB constantly! Go all out for Clowney I say

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a Clowney fan. I think some team is really going to regret giving him money.

Bigmacjsy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clowney is going to shut the switch off after he gets paid...bank it.
I disagree, he says he wants get paid like Mack and Donald, now IF we somehow grabbed Clowney and he’s in the same division as Mack do you not think he’d go all out as a division rival to better Mack on sacks??

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree, he says he wants get paid like Mack and Donald, now IF we somehow grabbed Clowney and he’s in the same division as Mack do you not think he’d go all out as a division rival to better Mack on sacks??
First problem is he is not Mack or Donald....by any measurement. I just think after he gets paid...he will look more like Perry than Mack.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he said he wants to play better than Mack- Donald (see What I did there?) then you may have a point. I question the heart of a player who's goals appear to be money related.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he said he wants to play better than Mack- Donald (see What I did there?) then you may have a point. I question the heart of a player who's goals appear to be money related.
Ndamukong Suh...but yeah. the only other motivation is a SB trophy and no one can offer that on a regular basis other than NE. they get players to play for less for that reason only. they won't blow up their salary structure for ANYONE, even brady, in order to add key players and depth.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

As for Fackrell, I’ll believe in him if he puts up another year like this last one.

There's no reason to expect Fackrell to put up similar numbers again. While he was tied for 17th in sacks in 2018 he was only tied for 136th in total pressures.

That's an impressive stat.

I'm not sure where Dantes has the number from but according to PFF opponents had a passer rating of 67.9 vs. the Packers when blitzed over the first four weeks in 2018.

Ndamukong Suh...but yeah. the only other motivation is a SB trophy and no one can offer that on a regular basis other than NE. they get players to play for less for that reason only. they won't blow up their salary structure for ANYONE, even brady, in order to add key players and depth.

Geez, the myth about Brady taking less money again.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
There's no reason to expect Fackrell to put up similar numbers again. While he was tied for 17th in sacks in 2018 he was only tied for 136th in total pressures.

I'm not sure where Dantes has the number from but according to PFF opponents had a passer rating of 67.9 vs. the Packers when blitzed over the first four weeks in 2018.

Geez, the myth about Brady taking less money again.

Linking to The Athletic article probably does little good, as there's a pay wall, but here it is mentioned in a secondary article.

My guess is that the discrepancy arises from a difference of how Ben Fennell and PFF are defining "blitz." Does a "blitz" mean sending a player after the QB who normally wouldn't rush? Or does it simply mean sending more than 4 guys?

In any case, Fennell is bar none my favorite film analyst in media and I have a lot of confidence in his observations and takeaways. That doesn't mean that anyone else has to.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Linking to The Athletic article probably does little good, as there's a pay wall, but here it is mentioned in a secondary article.

My guess is that the discrepancy arises from a difference of how Ben Fennell and PFF are defining "blitz." Does a "blitz" mean sending a player after the QB who normally wouldn't rush? Or does it simply mean sending more than 4 guys?

In any case, Fennell is bar none my favorite film analyst in media and I have a lot of confidence in his observations and takeaways. That doesn't mean that anyone else has to.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

H

HardRightEdge

I thought that 26 number was awfully low. Anyway, 67.9 is a good number.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I hope I got it right this time about only quoting one sentence of the reply. Anyway, my guess is that Fackrell played a lot less snaps than other players. So where I don't see him as dominant; his stats could be decent in a full year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, I hope I got it right this time about only quoting one sentence of the reply. Anyway, my guess is that Fackrell played a lot less snaps than other players. So where I don't see him as dominant; his stats could be decent in a full year.

You make a valid point there. Fackrell was only tied for 40th in pass rush productivity though, a metric that accounts for snaps played.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got something to support my opinion, at least. As well as some statistical data which supports another coach being able to elevate his talent despite dire circumstances. The only thing pro-Pettine people have are excuses.
Since you gave up, I'm locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts