1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Petition For Packer Fans who want the ENTIRE Team to be in SB Pic

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ilovemypackers, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Packerstud

Packerstud Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46
  3. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Signed.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I want the picture of the team playing, sorry I think the team picture at the beginning of the season is enough.

• Like Like x 1
  5. petertosh

petertosh Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Totally agree, the players complaining about this right now is pretty ridiculous. I think this got on espn

6. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    Sheer number” of IR players is reason for team photo situation
    Posted by Rob Demovsky January 25th, 2011, 2:00 pm

In the first of what is sure to be several mini controversies that take on lives of their own in advance of the Super Bowl, at least two Packers’ players on injured reserve have expressed disappointment that they won’t be in the team picture that will be taken in Dallas during media day for Super Bowl XLV.

Through their twitter accounts, both linebacker Nick Barnett and tight end Jermichael Finley were bothered by the decision.

The problem is, they’re not the only two players on injured reserve. Had the Packers not had 15 players on injured reserve, things might have been handled differently.

But a Packers spokesman said: “It was a team decision driven by the sheer number of players on IR. Our primary focus is to get the team ready to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. Every decision we make is about trying to win a world championship.”

There are logistical reasons that the injured reserve players won’t be part of the team picture. The fact that the Packers are off-site means their medical/training facilites won’t be as extensive as they are at team headquarters, where they can handle more injured players. So it’s probably in the best interest of the IR players to remain in Green Bay for as long as possible to continue their treatments.

The injured reserve players will join the team in Dallas on Thursday. Those players will be on the sideline during the game and will be entitled to all the benefits the rest of the players receive.

In a text message to the Press-Gazette, Barnett said: “Well they don’t want IR players down there till Thursday, but I have heard in the past other (teams) don’t do that.”

Earlier in the day, Barnett tweeted: “Kinda sad. Found out basically IR guys can not be in team picture. .. It’s kinda sad to think.. Just goes you injured yourself you not part …”

Finley tweeted: “I never trip abt anything, but the way IR players are getting treated not cool.”

Barnett, via twitter, later apologized if he caused any distraction: “I was not trying to be a distraction nor was I downing the organization they have done so much for me over last 8 years.. Just saying I was … Just saying I am sad that it worked out the way it did.. This game is bigger then my feelings and my body of work.. It’s about “One Goal”!

• Like Like x 1
  7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    bunch of millionaires complaining about their feelings hurt.

8. tmlfan3

tmlfan3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
  9. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    I don't care, it's no big deal, just a picture. The IR guys need to be supportive of the team no matter what the rules are. Unfortunately the media's trying to blow it up too.

10. brett2520

brett2520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    I think they should be in it because it is the story of this Packers team, overcoming injuries... I could not sign it because i do not have twitter, but consider me signed up.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    This is my point too.. if there is a choice, then why not choose to include the whole team, not just the healthy players.

12. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    The only ones who should be in the team picture are the players who contributed to wins in the play-offs.
    Those who are on IR, then what did they do to help the team?

13. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Since there are so many of them they should grab the sports medicine and conditioning staff and make their own picture. It would be unique and fun.

14. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    I've been following this on JSOnline and my understanding is that the problem has to do with when the players on IR arrive in Dallas (two days after the photo will be taken).

I'd like to see them work it out. These guys are Packers, too. I imagine it really sucks not to be able to physically take part in all this (you can kind of feel that Finley is itching to in his "rah rah" tweets - I think it really kills him not to be able to play) so I'd like to see them participate in every reasonable way possible.

So if there's a reasonable way, please Packers - include them.

15. Claymaker

Claymaker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    If they were truly on board with the team they'd have kept their feelings behind closed doors and brought it up with McCarthy, Thompson and Murphy and not thrown it out there for all of cyberspace to see. The last thing this team needs is extra media attention for stupid stuff like this.

16. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    i signed

17. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I signed it. I think all those injured players helped motivate the team to rise from the ashes. It's part of what makes this season so special, so epic.

18. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +143
    I feel especially sorry for guys like finley, he played enough games this year to feel left out IMO. Plus, say what you want about Jennings getting less balls thrown his way cause of Finely in the beginning of the season- but Jennings was non existent in some games when Finley seemed to be carrying the offense.