Pending free agents in Green Bay

Jed12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams and Linsley are no brainers and must be re-signed at all costs. I can see Burnett leaving and like a few others I’m okay with that.

All of this crazy talk of Matthews not getting it done. He is an elite talent and gets paid like one. Once Capers goes you will see the Clay of old I feel confident saying that. A team friendly deal wouldn’t hurt to get some other guys signed don’t get me wrong....

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What became of that "Nitro Package" with Burnett and Jones this year? I was half expecting to see an Atlanta Falcons like defense out there for the Packers. They didn't look much different than last year, despite the draft pics, FA's and probably a few less injuries than they saw in 2016.
Just hearing the words "nitro" and "Packers defense" makes me laugh.

OP
OP
T

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it "botched". It certainly didn't work out very well, but there was hardly a person, fan, coach, tv, radio analyst etc, that didn't think GB had cornered the market on TEs at the start of the season

And find me a trade partner for old and washed up guys that are due 10 million per, I'll send them a couple guys :)

I usedd that word because we were unwilling to pay Jared Cook what he wanted, only to turn around and give that money to Martellus Bennett. Why didn't we just make Cook happy?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usedd that word because we were unwilling to pay Jared Cook what he wanted, only to turn around and give that money to Martellus Bennett. Why didn't we just make Cook happy?
I don't remember the particulars from the time, thought Cook was asking for 2 million more a year he ended up getting. So they signed Bennet for what they were offering Cook essentially. At the time I thought we got the better TE. Turns out he was a little punk

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the 3 guys mentioned above. I think Jordy will retire, and a restructured Clay and or Cobb. I also see Bulaga being let go too.
I think jordy say he would take a pay cut to stay. If Rodgers and him still click then it may be good to keep him.

OP
OP
T

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember the particulars from the time, thought Cook was asking for 2 million more a year he ended up getting. So they signed Bennet for what they were offering Cook essentially. At the time I thought we got the better TE. Turns out he was a little punk

Jared Cook "priced himself out of Green Bay" by overestimating his value as a TE. Reports centered on his agent, not the Packers, who were offerning $8 million. It turned out Derek Carr kept calling Cook to recruit him the whole time.

OP
OP
T

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An earlier pick means we missed the playoffs, so Packers fans have no reason to like it. All of the elite players will be off the board by then if 12 other teams know what they are doing. As long as the NFL draft format is based on team records and SOS for the first 20 picks, it is never good to have a pick higher than 21.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One missed kick, and then he was good after that.
He snapped the ball into the ground vs detroit at home and cost them a chip shot FG. He was cut the moment Goode was eligible to return. This cat also had gotten signed like 2 day before the game because the original LS broke his foot in practice.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An earlier pick means we missed the playoffs, so Packers fans have no reason to like it. All of the elite players will be off the board by then if 12 other teams know what they are doing. As long as the NFL draft format is based on team records and SOS for the first 20 picks, it is never good to have a pick higher than 21.
I think we are 14th.......yes, it sucks we are not playoff bound. We still have a great QB and some other talent. I think 3 QB's could go before we draft so I look at it like we could be drafting in the 10th spot.....yea, I know that's stretching it but that's how I look at it. With all the comp picks we are supposed to have, I see us moving up a few spots either first or second round.

OP
OP
T

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are 14th.......Yes, it sucks we are not playoff bound. We still have a great QB and some other talent. I think 3 QBs could go before we draft so I look at it like we could be drafting in the 10th spot.....Yeah, I know that's stretching it but that's how I look at it. With all the comp picks we are supposed to have, I see us moving up a few spots either first or second round.

Either 13 or 14. FWIW Cleveland has both the first and fourth picks.

We already have a 2018 draft thread, but I will happily start another one after the Super Bowl.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess there is a strong argument for paying for the guys you know.... something that has been highly criticized around here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts