Jahri Evans G 34 GB TBD $2,250,000 UFA -
Davante Adams WR 24 GB TBD $983,351 UFA Market Value
Brett Goode LS 33 GB TBD $900,000 UFA -
Quinton Dial DT 27 GB TBD $775,001 UFA -
Richard Rodgers TE 25 GB TBD $690,254 UFA -
Corey Linsley C 26 GB TBD $601,250 UFA -
Demetri Goodson CB 28 GB TBD $580,788 UFA -
Jeff Janis WR 26 GB TBD $567,848 UFA -

This is the list from spotrac.com. Linsley, Adams, House, and Burnett worry me the most about leaving. I think most of the other players are average, easier to replace, and/or have younger players to replace them.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams is must-sign. I'm probably less enthusiastic about Burnett than most, but I do want him back. Want Linsley back. Want Janis back. Want House back if he's cheap and not expected to play over Randall or King. Indifferent about the rest.

Darrin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Linsley, Adams, and Burnett should be given sober consideration. The rest of the fellows are replaceable. I don't think Burnett resigns.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we could get another season out of Evans like that I'd bring him back for slightly less, but similar deal. He was pretty good for us for much of the year. Though we've seen some of our younger guys can fill in nicely too. Depends on what they have behind them again.

Burnett, I'd like back, but I'm not keen on investing heavily in him. He seems to be injured frequently lately. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like he's out or questionable more often these past 2 seasons. plays a game, leaves the next type stuff.

I think Linsley gets re-signed, not sure what we have for a Center behind him. Our best back up tackle/guard LOL I don't think he'll get a huge contract anywhere. He was solid, but as far as Center goes, he's not bad, but he's not great. dependable for us much of this year. I think Rodgers is in the same boat, he won't garner a ton of interest outside of the Packers. I think he'll be back at a pretty reasonable contract. We still have to upgrade the position, but we're not going to start from zero either.

Adams will be re-signed and is the priority. everyone else can stay for lower non-guaranteed money and fight for a spot, or they can go. I'd entertain Brooks back again at a decent price, but he's not our answer and we can't just keep putting guys out there, we need a difference maker, wherever he comes from, and he needs to be on the field a lot.

OP
OP
T

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to re-sign Corey Linsley and Morgan Burnett, but Devante Adams is priority #1. After botching the TE market this year, letting Adams walk would be unforgiveable. Burnett's value to the defense is underrated.

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams, clearly ... We know, he and his agent know it too ... on the other hand ... with a worse QB than Rodgers his production can go quickly downhill, TT will not overpay him.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I wish this organization wasn't so loyal to their guys, especially ones that they invested heavily in. Cobb, Nelson, and Matthews are simply overpaid for what they provide at this point. Nelson and Cobb are useful when Rodgers is healthy, but him being out really showed how little of a difference they are able to make without a player of his magnitude throwing them the football.

Matthews I think could possibly become a difference making pass rusher again, just not under Dom Capers.

Either way, if this team wants to get serious about competing, it really needs to make some tough personnel decisions to free up some flexibility. Of course, if Thompson is still calling the shots it may not matter. Not like he'll spend the money anyway.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Adams is must-sign. I'm probably less enthusiastic about Burnett than most, but I do want him back. Want Linsley back. Want Janis back. Want House back if he's cheap and not expected to play over Randall or King. Indifferent about the rest.
I’d like Adams, Linsley and House to re-sign. I hope Burnett leaves. Don’t ever want to see the Burnett-Dix combo on the field again. I’d also like to see R. Rodgers come back as a backup TE.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Adams, clearly ... We know, he and his agent know it too ... on the other hand ... with a worse QB than Rodgers his production can go quickly downhill, TT will not overpay him.
Adams was very productive with what might have been the worst starting QB in the league this year.

He's a stud. And he will go to another team and put up huge numbers if the Packers try to get cute.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish this organization wasn't so loyal to their guys, especially ones that they invested heavily in. Cobb, Nelson, and Matthews are simply overpaid for what they provide at this point. Nelson and Cobb are useful when Rodgers is healthy, but him being out really showed how little of a difference they are able to make without a player of his magnitude throwing them the football.

Matthews I think could possibly become a difference making pass rusher again, just not under Dom Capers.

Either way, if this team wants to get serious about competing, it really needs to make some tough personnel decisions to free up some flexibility. Of course, if Thompson is still calling the shots it may not matter. Not like he'll spend the money anyway.
Wow, that’s quite a statement. You want the players to be loyal but the organization to act like a bunch of a-holes and not be loyal in return?

Not me. That would be very damaging to the reputation and brand name we’ve earned. We’ve had a tough year on the field but I’m still very proud of the Packers organization.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morgan Burnett SS 28 GB TBD $6,187,500 UFA Market Value
Ahmad Brooks OLB 33 GB TBD $3,500,000 UFA -
Davon House CB 28 GB TBD $2,800,000 UFA -

Burnett, Adams, Linsely and Richard Rodgers need to be retained.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so sure on Burnett. If we do, I hope it's a short contract. He's getting up there, and was never fleet of foot to begin with. I'd like a better coverage safety.

Adams, Rodgers, and Linsley for sure get resigned.

I think McCray and Patrick are good enough to replace Evans.

I would resign House. Good vet CB.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In order of importance to me:
  1. Davante Adams
  2. Corey Linsley
  3. Morgan Burnett
  4. Davon House
  5. Ahmad Brooks
  6. Richard Rodgers
  7. Jahri Evans
  8. Quinton Dial
  9. Brett Goode
  10. Jeff Janis
  11. Demetri Goodson
Besides getting the important 3-5 guys resigned, I am more interested in what the Packers do in Free Agency, if anything.

Their #1 priority has to be the pass rush. Even when healthy, Perry and Matthews aren't getting the job done. Brooks and Biegel are rotational guys at best. Obviously, depending on who the DC is next year, that might factor into this.

I also hope to see a veteran QB brought in to compete with Hundley for the #2 spot.

If Adams is resigned, I still think the Packers need to start looking for a replacement for Jordy. Whether that is through the draft or a FA.

TE will be interesting. While Richard Rodgers is an adequate #2/#3 guy, Kendricks isn't a #1 either. I hope the Marty B debacle doesn't sour the Packers on pursuing another FA TE.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morgan Burnett SS 28 GB TBD $6,187,500 UFA Market Value
Ahmad Brooks OLB 33 GB TBD $3,500,000 UFA -
Davon House CB 28 GB TBD $2,800,000 UFA -

This is the list from spotrac.com. Linsley, Adams, House, and Burnett worry me the most about leaving. I think most of the other players are average, easier to replace, and/or have younger players to replace them.
I have a feeling Burnett and Linsley are gonna be let go. I will flourish elsewhere.. thats the sad part. D.Adams is a lock down, neeed to resign ASAP.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TE will be interesting. While Richard Rodgers is an adequate #2/#3 guy, Kendricks isn't a #1 either. I hope the Marty B debacle doesn't sour the Packers on pursuing another FA TE.
Agreed. Doesnt help that this years tight end prospects dont look promising. We wil see once pro day and combine comes up who rises.

OP
OP
T

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It seems like every Packers fan who does not care about other teams with franchise quarterbacks says this. The reality is we could have Pro Bowl caliber players at 10 positions and they would still suck without Aaron Rodgers.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Wow, that’s quite a statement. You want the players to be loyal but the organization to act like a bunch of a-holes and not be loyal in return?

Not me. That would be very damaging to the reputation and brand name we’ve earned. We’ve had a tough year on the field but I’m still very proud of the Packers organization.
I understand the loyalty when the player is performing. But Matthews is being paid big money right now for doing exactly what the past couple of years? What's Cobb doing? Nelson is regressing. I probably worded by original post incorrectly. I have no problem with loyalty, but the team needs to admit when changes/alterations need to be made. No sense in all of the wasted dollars we have on the payroll.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure on Burnett. If we do, I hope it's a short contract. He's getting up there, and was never fleet of foot to begin with. I'd like a better coverage safety.
In Capers defense he was supposed to be the coverage linebacker. Covering the TE and back in the flat. When healthy, I thought he did OK with that.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What became of that "Nitro Package" with Burnett and Jones this year? I was half expecting to see an Atlanta Falcons like defense out there for the Packers. They didn't look much different than last year, despite the draft pics, FA's and probably a few less injuries than they saw in 2016.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb, Nelson, and Matthews are simply overpaid for what they provide at this point. Nelson and Cobb are useful when Rodgers is healthy, but him being out really showed how little of a difference they are able to make without a player of his magnitude throwing them the football.

I'd keep Nelson and Cobb. They help AR to be the best ever!! Mathews should be traded. He is hurt all the time. Is he too old and washed up? Is that why he is not reliable?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it "botched". It certainly didn't work out very well, but there was hardly a person, fan, coach, tv, radio analyst etc, that didn't think GB had cornered the market on TEs at the start of the season

And find me a trade partner for old and washed up guys that are due 10 million per, I'll send them a couple guys :)

Reaction score
I think the “no brainers” are

1. Linsley
2. Adams
3. Goode
4. Burnette
5. Jahri Evans

I don’t want to go through the long snapper circus act again.
I also agree that Morgan is underrated he’s like a utility tool and he can play LB, slot Corner or S and is good at all of them and has a good nose for the ball.

The rest of them might be replaceable, but if the contracts are frugal enough I’d try to keep some continuity into next year and attempt to resign some of those. Depth goes a long ways

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the “no brainers” are

1. Linsley
2. Adams
3. Goode
4. Brunette

I don’t want to go through the long snapper circus act again.
I also agree that Morgan is underrated he’s like a utility tool and he can play LB, slot Corner or S and is good at all of them and has a good nose for the ball.

The rest of them might be replaceable, but if the contracts are frugal enough I’d try to keep some continuity into next year and attempt to resign some of those. Depth goes a long ways
Are you sure you wouldn't prefer a good blonde?

Members online

Latest posts