Penalties/non calls

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like we consistently have calls/non calls go against us? It sure seems that way to me. It appears that calls that go against us during any given game don't get called on the other team. I am a Packer fan so maybe my observation is skewed. Anyone else agree or disagree? Pray for Bart.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to say, it sure does feel like it but I do think it's possible that it's just a matter of perspective and every team feels the same way.

Shields got absolutely jobbed on a couple of ridiculous pass interference calls called on him several games in a row early in the season, I'll say that for sure.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry had a BS helmet to helmet called against him in the colts game that negated a sack and fumble recovery by the Packers, I remember that because they lost that game, I think one of those shields calls was in that game as well.

I do share your thoughts, I feel like the Packers are getting more calls against them than for them, but I don't think too much of it. All fans probably feel that way about their team.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
How about that B*LLSH!T holding call on Kuhn last game that brought back a decent play? All that was, was a damn good block. I am not being bias, but I do think that the refs love sticking it to GB

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry also had a clean hit on Russell Wilson in Seattle on the play that ended in a game-clinching interception, but the zebra called a bogus late hit.

In the Saints game, with the regular bad zebraz, they made one horrible call on a fumble by Sproles, everyone, broadcasters, all saw and admitted that we got screwed.

I think regular refs are bad and have said it for years.
I think there are fixes in that go uncaught, but that's the exception. More often than not, I just think these 60-year olds with glasses are just usually bad.... sure they get a lot of calls right, but they miss a ton.

The funny thing is many of them are at an age where if they were a fine, sharp commercial pilot, they'd be forced to retired solely because of their age.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not being bias, but I do think that the refs love sticking it to GB
Rumor has it, that because the Packers are publicly-owned and they had to release the team financials that none of the other teams did/do... this hurt the NFL in the battles against the NFLPA..... not sure if there's truth or not there... but I do agree we have been ***ed quite a few times, dating back to Jerry Rice's fumble.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Hell, half the time the old fart refs cant even spot the damn ball fast enough when the offense wants to spike it to stop the clock......old/blind/slow = ready to be shot out in the grassy pasture.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How about that B*LLSH!T holding call on Kuhn last game that brought back a decent play? All that was, was a damn good block. I am not being bias, but I do think that the refs love sticking it to GB

There was also the phantom hold that cost us our second TD. Damn replacement re -- wait... never mind.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Cushing tears ACL on legal hit from Slauson? Slauson gets Fined. DJ Smith tears ACL on illegal hit from Wade Smith THE VERY NEXT WEEK? Crickets.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please guys, at least 2 times a game we get the benefit of a horrible call, and a horrible call is made against us. The game is so fast in real time that it's almost always the case that the call in question only becomes "obvious" after being seen in slo-mo. Helmet to helmet is routinely called when in fact it's shoulder to shoulder. I think the refs are reacting to the whiplash effect on the offensive player. I think some of you might want to consider that it's always the calls that are made against us that are most easily remembered.

H

HardRightEdge

Please guys, at least 2 times a game we get the benefit of a horrible call, and a horrible call is made against us. The game is so fast in real time that it's almost always the case that the call in question only becomes "obvious" after being seen in slo-mo. Helmet to helmet is routinely called when in fact it's shoulder to shoulder. I think the refs are reacting to the whiplash effect on the offensive player. I think some of you might want to consider that it's always the calls that are made against us that are most easily remembered.
Yeah, it's uniformly inconsistent (an oxymoron seems appropriate). The only reason they don't review everything is it would slow down the game...it's too slow already and they know it.

We only need to look at the roughing passer on Rodgers this past week. That was a gift.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Normally I agree with you I have always felt that calls balance themselves out, this year it is different for me though, maybe I'm still bitter from the calls during the Seahawks and Saints game (the Saints game was awful as well and that was real refs). To clarify I understand that the Seahawks was replacement refs but the calls against that games were so lopsided it was ridiculous. The 49ers games was awful as well but that one evened out at least for both sides. The Perry hit I watched live and I did not think it was a helmet to helmet, I watch Perry wrap around Luck's chest. It was a clean hard hit but as soon as I saw the flag I knew exactly what the penalty was going to be. To be fair those calls for the most part are made on the routine, any hard hit near the helmet will be called so it's not like that call was odd because it is called all the time (even though it is not in the rule book like that).

I guess I'm still bitter about the Saints and Seahawks game is what it boils down to haha

PackerChef

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that there have been a lot of bad calls in GB games, but in watching many many other games with my friends, I have found that a lot of this is league wide. I hear the announcers routinely say "I just don't see anything there". I think and believe that complaining about officiating is silly, as every team gets bad/horrible calls against them (see the Jared Allen INT last week). It's a part of the game and the officials are human, so they will make mistakes. Not an excuse, just more of reasoning.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Normally I agree with you I have always felt that calls balance themselves out, this year it is different for me though, maybe I'm still bitter from the calls during the Seahawks and Saints game (the Saints game was awful as well and that was real refs). To clarify I understand that the Seahawks was replacement refs but the calls against that games were so lopsided it was ridiculous. The 49ers games was awful as well but that one evened out at least for both sides. The Perry hit I watched live and I did not think it was a helmet to helmet, I watch Perry wrap around Luck's chest. It was a clean hard hit but as soon as I saw the flag I knew exactly what the penalty was going to be. To be fair those calls for the most part are made on the routine, any hard hit near the helmet will be called so it's not like that call was odd because it is called all the time (even though it is not in the rule book like that).

I guess I'm still bitter about the Saints and Seahawks game is what it boils down to haha
I would agree that the back to back Seattle/Saints games were tough to stomach. I distinctly remember thinking that we are going to be ROYALLY screwed by the refs 2 weeks in a row, and I've always argued that the calls even out. The Seattle call speaks for itself, but the Sproles fumble also had the potential to influence the outcome of the game. But I also remember us mugging a couple of the Saints reciever and at the time thinking, "that has to be called" and ...no flag:whistling:

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
I am astonished at how the New York Giants don't have 10+ holding calls on them a game. It seems like everytime we touch someone there is a holding call.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just in the Minnesota game last week, I can think of a couple calls or non-calls that went our way:

- The Jared Allen interception called back on a phantom roughing the passer penalty
- The bad pass interference call on Robinson in the second quarter
- The obvious holding and pass interference by Heywood on 3rd down in the second quarter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts